Lady Gabriella Windsor to marry at St.George?s chapel

Started by sara8150, December 21, 2018, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

royalanthropologist

That wedding was the gold standard in second weddings for a couple of a certain age. Both the civil and blessing dresses were spot on. The music was also impressive (no surprise given Charles' musical interests). That Russian contralto really sang beautifully.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

I did not see any gold standard with this wedding.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: royalanthropologist on April 12, 2019, 06:05:14 AM
That wedding was the gold standard in second weddings for a couple of a certain age. Both the civil and blessing dresses were spot on. The music was also impressive (no surprise given Charles' musical interests). That Russian contralto really sang beautifully.
Absolutely!  The Court undertook their usual meticulous planning for weddings and other formal, royal events and removed or added touches to make it appropriate for a second marriage.  The result was amazing, especially since the day had to be changed at the last minute.  It was wonderful right down to the last humorous video of William and Harry, having decorated the car windows, throwing confetti or something at them as they got into their car to leave the reception. 

LouisFerdinand

amabel

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 05, 2019, 11:46:49 PM
Will Lady Sophie Windsor be the matron of honor?
Who is Lady Sophie Windsor? Do you mean Frederic's wife?

Curryong

Has it been reported that Lady Frederick (Sophie) is going to be a matron of Honour?

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on May 06, 2019, 12:03:28 PM
Has it been reported that Lady Frederick (Sophie) is going to be a matron of Honour?
No idea.  She had that bad accident a year ago so I would doubt it.  I guess Ella will have little bridesmaids and an adult bridesmaid to keep an eye on them..

sara8150

Blue Clover

Lady Gabriella Windsor will be a beautiful bride. Senior Royals will attend. The pictures should be lovely.

LouisFerdinand

What color do you think the dresses of the bridesmaids will be?

Blue Clover

I'm sorry Prince William is going to miss Lady Gabriella's wedding. I'll be watching the FA Cup finals as well.  :teehee:

sara8150

Royal Wedding 2019: Pippa Middleton to attend - Will Kate go to Lady Gabriella's wedding? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
No Cambridges and no Sussex will be there at wedding due William is President of FA clash same day of wedding dont you remember last year William missed FA due Harry?s wedding and Meghan cant leave newborn Archie..

Per article no televised and no carriages

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that Princess Michael's brother, Baron Frederick von Reibnitz will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding?

wannable

From a St George's Chapel ceremony to a glittering guest list including a Peep Show star and the groom's pal Pippa, how Lady Gabriella Windsor's big day is set to rival any royal wedding (but the Cambridges and Sussexes WON'T be there)

Lady Gabriella Windsor, 38, the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (right), will tie the knot with Thomas Kingston (left together) at St George's Chapel, in Windsor Castle, on Saturday. Ahead of the nuptials, which will be attended by the Queen - and possibly Eugenie (centre) - we share a guide on everything you know about the big day, from the potential dress designer to the rumoured guests like Pippa Middleton (inset left with the groom). Inset right, the bride's sister-in-law, Peep Show actress Sophie Winkleman.

Royal Wedding: Lady Gabriella Windsor, everything you need to know | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if the DOS will prefer to be off to another location during the weekend.  The Reception party at Frogmore House may be quite rowdy until the wee hours.

Curryong

Considering the aircraft going over from Heathrow every few minutes I'd say that the windows at Frogmore Cottage and many of them at the Castle would be soundproofed.

I'm sure Gabriella's wedding will be lovely. Considering it's a private affair though, it's debatable how much we will be seeing. I don't think photos of the reception will be turning up in Hello either. None of the Queen's relatives have repeated Peter Phillips' little experiment in that direction since.

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that Gabriella and Thomas will recite the traditional wedding vows?

Blue Clover

@LouisFerdinand I am looking forward to this wedding.  I love Royal weddings.  :crazylove: I will be here tomorrow to watch videos and review the guest list.  :hehe:

amabel

will there be videoes? I thought there would just be a few pics of the bride and groom and guests arriving and leaving

wannable

Queen and Prince Harry attend Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Loads of pictures, videos.  The bride looked lovely, she wore her mums fringe Tiara, royal appearances: The Queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew, Princess Beatrice, Prince Edward, Princess Anne, etcetera.

The Dress: Lady Gabriella?s wedding dress was a bespoke design by Luisa Beccaria made of lace, embroidered with flowers and embellishments. Its blush shade came from layers of tulle and organdie beneath the lace, which created the body of the gown.

The Tiara: Lady Gabriella wore a Russian Fringe style diamond tiara also worn by her grandmother, HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, and her mother, HRH Princess Michael of Kent, on their wedding days.

amabel

wannable

The Sun was also there covering the wedding.  The usual senior royal reporters and photographers (Chris Jackson Getty, Rookie for Rex, Stewart usually Hello), no junior reporters went (checked twitter)

New dad Prince Harry makes surprise appearance at Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding without Meghan Markle

This wedding is much more relaxed in protocol; Princess Beatrice went with her boyfriend Edo and James Middleton with his girlfriend Alissi.

wannable

There's a group photo of the Royals waving the car pass of the bride and groom, Fergie included and Prince Phillip in the same photo.  :partaay:

I loved the green old fashioned busses they are using to fairy the guests.