Main Menu

LURKERS--please read!!!

Started by FtLouie34, August 06, 2003, 01:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Thanks Preppy! I decided I wanted to ask my mom before I signed up so I called her and she said it was okay for me too. I'll reply her when I have it, hopefully in a few minutes.

PrincessPreppy

thats cool!!!! well have fun siging uo lolz
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Registered. Waiting for my email. Does it take long?

PrincessPreppy

hmmm dont think that long. I forget if mediastar looks at them before or not. I dont think so though...should be there soon.
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Okay, thanks Preppy for being nice to me and replying to my questions. I hope it doesn't take long. ::gulps:: I hope I put the right email address in. I think I did.

PrincessPreppy

oh no prob, im waiting for my maybe possible bf to come online and waacthing sex and the city, so its not to much of an effort. Glad I helped.  
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Hmmm.... I still haven't received my email. Am I allowed to log in without the email?

PrincessPreppy

dont know if it will work or not sorry. i'm not familar with the registration process thats more the admin, mediastar, and his area. I'm more into helping people fit in and keeping the boards that I am a mod on ''clean'' etc.
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

I'm not sure if you still wanted me to post on here on not about me registering. I still haven't got my email notification/confirmation yet but I did check out Member List and the user name I tryed is there, it says on mine, validating. I guess I'll tell everyone who reads this topic my user name. it's  Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

PrincessPreppy

k ur nick name is sappy then. that sound ok with u?
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Umm... sappy as in like sounds like sap except with a p and y or like sapphy that sounds like the first syllable of sapphire with a y? Either way's fine I guess, I just want to make sure I know which one you mean.

PrincessPreppy

Oh sorry I mean to typ sapphy. oooppppsss
Harryite #0035

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

LOL. Oh, okay. Yup, sapphy's fine with me.

PrincessPreppy

Harryite #0035

kasper

QuoteHey. I guess I'm what all you, members, call a lurker. I'm not sure when I started coming to this forum, I think it was sometime during the beginning of this year. I came to the forum after I was on the website called Prince William at St. Andrews, or something like that. I wanted to find more info on Wills, because like most of you I'm totally "in-love" with him, you know as much as one can be without ever meeting him. Anywho, I keep reading things about Lurkers, how they should join this forum, post, etc. I've been debating with myself if I should join or not. See, I'm kinda nervous when it comes to talking to people online or in forums/message boards, that I don't already know online, after I kept getting emails and IMs from perverts and so on. I'm not sure if I should or not but I don't want to be this person who comes and reads all of your posts without posting myself. I can't make up my mind. Did any of you have this feeling/problem before you joined in?

~Another "Lurker"~
Hi Lurker, I just noticed you posted.  How...I have no clue.  I didn't know people can post even if they're unregistered, but either way, all is good.

I must admit, I had the same apprehension as you when it comes to joining things online.  I'm not much of a chatter myself.  I rarely use my instant messaging, and when I do use it, it's usually to talk to schoolmates, old friends and familes, but never more.

Like you, I also "discovered" this site through mediastar's webpage on Prince William.  I found the link, visited the site but did not join until months later.  Don't be scared, none of us are freaks, pervs, maniacs, etc.  Although, I must admit, we get a little crazy at times, we have fights, arguments and such, but most of them are all in good fun.  Once you get to know the people here, you'll realize that there's more to this forum than just talking about royalties.  Somehow, we also manage to help each other with problems, share experiences, talk about life, etc.  

I completely understand what you are feeling, but believe me, you will not experience any of those fears in this forum.  You don't have to be completely active like some of us here, you can just post and reply whenever you feel like it (if you're still a little scared about this forum experience).  None of us will or can make you post if you don't want to.  Just try it out until you feel comfortable.

Hope to see you around more soon.

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

QuoteHey. I guess I'm what all you, members, call a lurker. I'm not sure when I started coming to this forum, I think it was sometime during the beginning of this year. I came to the forum after I was on the website called Prince William at St. Andrews, or something like that. I wanted to find more info on Wills, because like most of you I'm totally "in-love" with him, you know as much as one can be without ever meeting him. Anywho, I keep reading things about Lurkers, how they should join this forum, post, etc. I've been debating with myself if I should join or not. See, I'm kinda nervous when it comes to talking to people online or in forums/message boards, that I don't already know online, after I kept getting emails and IMs from perverts and so on. I'm not sure if I should or not but I don't want to be this person who comes and reads all of your posts without posting myself. I can't make up my mind. Did any of you have this feeling/problem before you joined in?

~Another "Lurker"~
Hi Lurker, I just noticed you posted.  How...I have no clue.  I didn't know people can post even if they're unregistered, but either way, all is good.

I must admit, I had the same apprehension as you when it comes to joining things online.  I'm not much of a chatter myself.  I rarely use my instant messaging, and when I do use it, it's usually to talk to schoolmates, old friends and familes, but never more.

Like you, I also "discovered" this site through mediastar's webpage on Prince William.  I found the link, visited the site but did not join until months later.  Don't be scared, none of us are freaks, pervs, maniacs, etc.  Although, I must admit, we get a little crazy at times, we have fights, arguments and such, but most of them are all in good fun.  Once you get to know the people here, you'll realize that there's more to this forum than just talking about royalties.  Somehow, we also manage to help each other with problems, share experiences, talk about life, etc.  

I completely understand what you are feeling, but believe me, you will not experience any of those fears in this forum.  You don't have to be completely active like some of us here, you can just post and reply whenever you feel like it (if you're still a little scared about this forum experience).  None of us will or can make you post if you don't want to.  Just try it out until you feel comfortable.

Hope to see you around more soon.
Thanks Kasper. Oh, yes, I just found out yesterday that you can reply to topics that are already made but only in the non-royal posts. I registered last night for the forum and it's now been around 17 hours. I'm still waiting for my email confirmation/notification so I can use my user name which is Sapphire,That Touch of Mink. I was able to sign in at the bottom for a quick sign in but not allowed to post and stuff like that and I couldn't sign in at the top of this forum. Thanks again for replying to my post.

~Another "Lurker"~

wills_gurl0824

Hi!!! like you and kasper i found out about this site through prince william at st andrew's. i've got the same fear although after some posts here u can tell its all fine. btw mediastar posted some registration failures on this bored so you might wanna try there. hope you like it here!! :D  :D  
HELP FIGHT AIDS IN SIBERIA!!!
AIDS is not only in Africa. It's in Siberia too. It's worse there then it is in Africa. By the year 2020 some 20000 will be infected. :(

-put this in your profile if u know someone who is fighting, survived or died of cancer

I guess I'm a "Lurker&q

Hi! Yeah, Since I've been coming here since the beginning of 2003, as a lurker/guest, I've noticed it seemed fine here, that's why I kept coming back and then I started wanting to sign up but was a bit unsure if to or not. Then yesterday when I posted a message and I got replied to I decided too. Umm... thanks wills_gurl I'll check out the topic and see if it says anything about my registration. Thanks again!

:D ~Another "Lurker"~

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

Hey, it's I guess I'm a "Lurker". I got my email so now I'm able to post. Thanks everyone who replied to me.  :D  
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive
-Iris

PrincessPreppy

Coolio!! well welocme once again!!!
Harryite #0035

Sapphire,That Touch of Mink

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies