New lectures at the Norwegian castle

Started by Jennifer, February 06, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

The author was so fortunate to have got tickets to visit the Royal Palace of Oslo & see Queen Sonja! I imagine he had a great time there. I wish I could've went there.  :thumbsup:

QuoteIt is not often that the Royal Palace in Oslo opens up for visitors. For a few weeks in the summer there are guided tours of some of the castle's most decorated rooms, but the rest of the year the castle is usually closed. Last year, the castle held a series of lectures in conjunction with the King and Queen being on the throne for 25 years. Tickets quickly disappeared, and extra lectures were set up, which were also sold out quickly. I was lucky enough to get tickets to one of the lectures and got a big surprise when Her Majesty the Queen herself attended this lecture.

This year the Royal Family has chosen to repeat the success from last year and has set up some new lectures. During the spring, there will be a total of four lectures held at the castle in Oslo. This will happen in the castle's chapel, where last year's lectures were also held. Tickets for the lectures were put up for sale yesterday, and already many of the tickets have been sold. The themes for this year's lecture are "Life at the Castle" and "The Castle Oscarshall" which is a small summer palace located in Oslo, about ten minutes by car from the castle in the city centre.

Read more:
New lectures at the Norwegian castle – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

He was fortunate indeed. A chance to visit the palace and to visit with the Queen!