Kate: Mental Health Charities and Patronages

Started by TLLK, November 06, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Platform_Rail
@platform_rail

Wow - a right royal surprise for students waiting for a train home with us today 👑
HRH The Princess of Wales taking time to say hello & ask the children about their trip was a better end to the day than we could ever have planned!
#PrincessofWales #KateMiddleton #princess

Video of Kate taking the train back home.

https://twitter.com/platform_rail/status/1658463997547405313

wannable

Anecdotes gathered by Rebecca English, the most important for her to tweet is:

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

The Princess of Wales spoke honestly about the challenges of joining the Royal Family ⁦@DameKellysTrust today.

She said she had never thought about it until she fell in love with William - and admitted public speaking didn't come naturally

Available Mail Plus line (some of the subscriber notes become Daily Mail available 24 hours later)

wannable

Cameron Walker
@CameronDLWalker

NEW: The Princess of Wales has arrived at @AFNCCF (one of her longest standing patronages) which brings together research, clinical expertise, and training to build the mental wellbeing of future generations.

The charity is launching their 'Let?s talk about anxiety' toolkit.

I?m told this is a key part of their new 'Closing the Gap' strategy - aiming to develop new thinking on mental health solutions and address access issues to mental health support for children and young people.

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

Short video arriving
https://twitter.com/i/status/1659145114537672705

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

The Princess of Wales is at @AFNCCF to join a series of roundtable discussions on how we can better support the mental wellbeing of current and future generations as part of #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

Pictures and short videos
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1659154770995585024

TLLK

More on Catherine's visit to her long time patronage the Anna Freud Center.

Princess of Wales visits Anna Freud London home   | Daily Mail Online

QuoteToday's visit to Anna Freud saw Kate speak with youngsters about anxiety, based on  'Let's Talk About Anxiety', a new animation and teacher toolkit which has been co-created by the students themselves.

The students also discussed how anxiety plays a part, at times, in everyone's lives.

They then learnt about and practise healthy coping skills and took part in activities to identify practical strategies that can help them when they feel anxious.

Anna Freud brings together research, clinical expertise, and training to build the mental wellbeing of future generations.

HistoryGirl2

Preach!!! I?m so glad to see a round table discussion like this. I especially appreciate the comment: anxiety and sadness are not a disease; they are a part of life. So many young people (and not so young people) are frightened of their own feelings and it?s because they don?t understand them and therefore can?t regulate them.

I?m all for medication when necessary, for both physical and mental illnesses, but we also have to learn to cope with our own thoughts and emotions. I?m happy to hear that more and more people are doing this with young children. It?s not about validating these emotions so much as understanding them and not allowing them to make you believe they?re bigger than you are.

We all have trying moments, but doing this type of work throughout your life helps mitigate some of those moments where we feel grief, sadness, and despair.

wannable

^ The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

It was an inspiring morning at @AFNCCF this #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

Learn more about their brilliant new 'Let's Talk About Anxiety' toolkit: https://annafreud.org/schools-and-colleges/resources/let-s-talk-about-anxiety-animation-and-teacher-toolkit/

Short video of Kate summarizing her visit, encouraging people to enter the link in Re to Anxiety and the new tool
https://twitter.com/i/status/1659247323724103680

HistoryGirl2

Thanks for posting this, @wannable :) I love it. I wished we discussed things like this when I was a kid, would have saved me many a panic attacks 😂 The center also seems to be doing practical actions on top of discussions, which I think is super helpful for young kids.

So glad to see the PoW involved with this center and highlighting their work.

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on May 18, 2023, 05:01:49 PM
Preach!!! I?m so glad to see a round table discussion like this. I especially appreciate the comment: anxiety and sadness are not a disease; they are a part of life. So many young people (and not so young people) are frightened of their own feelings and it?s because they don?t understand them and therefore can?t regulate them.

I?m all for medication when necessary, for both physical and mental illnesses, but we also have to learn to cope with our own thoughts and emotions. I?m happy to hear that more and more people are doing this with young children. It?s not about validating these emotions so much as understanding them and not allowing them to make you believe they?re bigger than you are.

We all have trying moments, but doing this type of work throughout your life helps mitigate some of those moments where we feel grief, sadness, and despair.

I agree. Students feel different types of anxiety throughout their lives which is completely normal. For the youngest ones, it's more likely a case of separation from parents or familiar teachers while older students probably are dealing with test anxiety even if they're well-prepared.

Learning to recognize that this is all part of life is important for their development. Also learning how to recognize when the anxiety becomes to overwhelming and how to seek help is imperative.

HistoryGirl2

^I agree, @TLLK. Especially after the pandemic. I hear from my teacher friends how much children are acting out now and I think part of that is related to both the stress and lack of social contact we had during the pandemic. We need to talk about it.

Nightowl

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on May 18, 2023, 05:01:49 PM

Brilliant comment..... :goodpost:

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on May 18, 2023, 05:24:58 PM
^ The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

It was an inspiring morning at @AFNCCF this #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

Learn more about their brilliant new 'Let's Talk About Anxiety' toolkit: https://annafreud.org/schools-and-colleges/resources/let-s-talk-about-anxiety-animation-and-teacher-toolkit/

Short video of Kate summarizing her visit, encouraging people to enter the link in Re to Anxiety and the new tool
https://twitter.com/i/status/1659247323724103680

Thank you so much for all the info about Catherine's visit, this is so needed today. :flower3:

TLLK

wannable

The Prince of Wales joins HMS Oardacious to go rowing for #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
The Prince of Wales joins HMS Oardacious to go rowing for #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - YouTube

A great 6 minute video of William and the Military for Mental Health Awareness week. I'm posting it here in Kat'es mental health charities.

Nightowl

Thanks for the video, that was really great to watch William with the crew, rowing and talking about how to deal with a person's mental health these days...even in any situation. 

HistoryGirl2

^I agree. It?s great that while William is obviously the main draw, the video focuses on them and not him.

TLLK

Today the Princess of Wales as the patron of Forward Trust is visiting a Men's prison in Surrey to see how the inmates are being treated for addiction issues.

QuoteThe Princess of Wales, patron of the @ForwardTrust
, is visiting HMP High Down (a Category C men?s prison and young offender institution) in Surrey to learn about how the charity is supporting those in the criminal justice system to manage and recover from their addictions.

https://twitter.com/majestymagazine/status/1701543678177915081?s=61&t=SLo5iiUhZ52O6n1B3sM_wQ

wannable

All good in my books. I like her side bangs too.