Elton John bio - Diana anecdotes

Started by oak_and_cedar, October 08, 2019, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak_and_cedar

Elton John's got an autobiography out, so they're publishing parts of it in the DM. Overall the excerpts are an interesting read.

Some of them/the anecdotes concerns Diana. One is about her funeral and him singing 'Candle in the wind'. But the other one is about how Richard Gere and Sylvester Stallone almost fought over Diana. Was that really necessary, or the only anecdote available? Granted, I haven't read the book and there might be more. But why not publish something else.

The headline is a bit misleading, IMO, towards Diana's "part" in this. Is it just me or is the DM "catty" in it's insinuations. Not just with regards to Diana, but there was another article out, with that editor "remembering" a conversation. She's been dead for over 20 years. Why these type of "mentions". I don't get it.

There's also another one about Elizabeth Taylor. It seems a little bit "gossipy" when it comes to people who are dead and thus can't answer back.

This is just my opinion anyways.

Elton John: Night my flirty friend Diana had Stallone and Gere fighting over her | Daily Mail Online

Elton John: 'I think the mourning got out of hand. I don't think it's what Diana would have wanted' | Daily Mail Online

Elton John: Dazzling Liz got her hands on my jewels  | Daily Mail Online

dianab

it's a nice they wanted meet up later... unfortunately it wasnt possible... nice that they wanted get involved in charities of each other

Princess Cassandra

I remember that they had a terrible falling out, and there was a video of her joining him at an Italian designer's funeral. The headline was that they had forgotten their anger in their mutual grief. If all of this is true I'm glad they got over their tif before she died.

Izabella

Serious...Tom Selleck in his magnum pi days was a total hottie than Stallone or Gere or Travolta. Just saying.  :lol:

Quotethe mourning got out of hand

Hmm. Yeah.  :orchid:  Flattered. Unnerved. Donate to charity. Whose to say really. :orchid: How another rocker quipped that the song is about two dead blondes.  :shrug: That could almost be a name for a band.   :orchid:

sandy

Two icons I would say. Not "dead blondes."