Imagine: Crown Princess get married to C. Prince!

Started by britannia, October 23, 2004, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gems

Windsor

Quotehm, was the one of elizabeth I. in that way? by the way: do you know her "slogan". i know e I. was semper eadem (always the same) and video et taceo (i see and say nothing), i like those two!

know, thats not the topic, but till now there are onyl we chatting in this (except gemgem)  :drooling:
The Queen's slogan (motto) is "DIEU ET MON DROIT"  (God and my Right)
This motto can be sen in Her Majesty's Coat of Arms

H.M. The Queen Elizabeth II Coat of Arms

Gems

Quotehm, was the one of elizabeth I. in that way? by the way: do you know her "slogan". i know e I. was semper eadem (always the same) and video et taceo (i see and say nothing), i like those two!

know, thats not the topic, but till now there are onyl we chatting in this (except gemgem)? :drooling:
The Queen's slogan (motto) is "DIEU ET MON DROIT"  (God and my Right)

H.M. The Queen Elizabeth II Coat of Arms
Swot

britannia

QuoteThe Queen's slogan (motto) is "DIEU ET MON DROIT"  (God and my Right)

I doubt that this is her personal motto! cause I know that this was a motto during the Tudortime. so i think it might be the motto of all kings and queens!!!!  :unsure:

@ gems : what does swot mean? :unsure:  
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

Gems

Quote@ gems : what does swot mean? :unsure:
geek

Windsor

Windsor

Yes I think you right I have done some research and "DIEU ET MON DROIT" is the Royal Motto of British Monarchs :royal:  

Gems

Windsor

Sorry but I really don't find it funny :(  

Gems

QuoteSorry but I really don't find it funny :(
You are like my friend, she's clever so she gets called a swot but if it was me i would take it as a compliment. I didn't find it funny either lol. Sorry to have offened you, i wasnt aiming to attack you it's is just my way of being sarchastic  ;) but feel free to do it to me. :) And i never meant to attack you any other time either. :)

Windsor

Gems

Windsor

Gems

Windsor

drvixen101

I find this highly unlikely to happen since both have never met and she's already in a committed relationship. I don't think they would make one of them abdicate the trone but just split it up with their kids. For ex. the first daughter is the queen of Sweeden while the first boy will be King of Great Britain.
Harryite #0070
Willite #0059

Iris

It's impossible to merge these two countries. one of them has to give up his/her right to the throne I thought.  

Windsor

If they were to have children I think that Child should Reign over both Sweden and Great Britain :D  

TB

QuoteIt's impossible to merge these two countries. one of them has to give up his/her right to the throne I thought.
That's what I thought too, Iris.  :huh:  

I Pirates

Windsor

QuoteIt's impossible to merge these two countries. one of them has to give up his/her right to the throne I thought.
I don't see why one would have to abdicate! ;)

britannia

You are like my friend, she's clever so she gets called a swot but if it was me i would take it as a compliment. I didn't find it funny either lol. Sorry to have offened you, i wasnt aiming to attack you it's is just my way of being sarchastic  ;) but feel free to do it to me. :) And i never meant to attack you any other time either. :)
now i found a translation for "swot".  B)   but did you (gg) mean  windsor or me????  :unsure:
but that's now unimportant cause you have solved the problem. but i understand you sarchasm :)  :blink:

but the worst what could happen is to talk always in a sarchasm and ironical way and nobody understand it and think you always tell your tue thoughts!!!  :o   :D  
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

Windsor

Gems

now i found a translation for "swot".  B)   but did you (gg) mean  windsor or me????  :unsure:
but that's now unimportant cause you have solved the problem. but i understand you sarchasm :)  :blink:

but the worst what could happen is to talk always in a sarchasm and ironical way and nobody understand it and think you always tell your tue thoughts!!!  :o   :D
i know i hate it when people misunderstand me

butterfly49

HEY EVERYONE.... sorry im EXTREAMLY bored... i have midterms this week and im POOPED  sooooooooooooo back to the topic.. yah both parliaments wouldnt allow it...one would have to give up the right to rule their country

sharon

QuoteI find this highly unlikely to happen since both have never met

They have met  in 1999  they are both godparents to the newborn Konstantine of Greece

photo link

There is more information available under the Other Swedish Royal forum.