Windy & Winky's wobbly wedding: Freddie Windsor's wedding out of control

Started by MapleLeaf, September 06, 2009, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MapleLeaf

According to Katie Nicholl, Lord Freddie and Sophie Winkleman's wedding costs have spiralled out of control, and 'Windy and Winky' (Freddie and Sophie) are extremely upset about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211447/Windy-Winkys-wobbly-wedding-How-Lord-Freddie-Windsors-wedding-spiralled-control.html

Supposedly Sophie's parents are paying for the entire wedding with no financial help from Prince and Princess Michael, and Sophie's parents are both retired and on a budget. 

They trusted Princess Pushy to manage the costs, and according this article <_< the costs have spiralled out of control and Sophie's parents are extremely concerned.  The article says that in addition to over 450 guests, Princess Pushy has invited the Yugoslavian Royal Family, HRH's Crown Prince and Princess Pavlos of Greece, and HRH Prince Ernst August of Hanover.

The wedding is next Saturday.  I wonder if any of the BRF will actually attend the wedding?
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

angieuk

Sounds a bit of a shambles!
As you say let's see who actually turns up next Saturday from the British Royals.

You can be sure when William eventually marries whomever ... his wedding day will be highly and efficiently organised ... thank goodness Princess Michael will have no say in that!

Miss Scarlett

Poor Winklemans!  I can't believe Princess Pushy is trying to embarass them like this in a newspaper.  And publicly saying "there's not a budget for this or this or this..." is hugely tacky.  No wonder this woman gets the kind of press she does.

And I fully agree with this quote:
QuoteHow dare this poor excuse for a woman turn her nose up at a forty thousand pound wedding budget when she herself has nothing to contribute!
- Lisa, uk, 6/9/2009 4:49

At least Sophie is obviously marrying for love, because I don't think anything in this world could make me put up with a mother in law like Princess Michael.

whisperofsound

i agree. i feel for the whole parties. the princess does not remember the value of the pound or whatever that money is. what a dreamer. .   
Welcome All New and Old Today and Everyday

Kate

Yes, Princess Pushy is at her worst, in this scenario.... She wants her part of the day... Just wish she would butt out and leave well enough alone.

Are there any posters here, who use to post on the old Mirror chat forum? (Miss those days). There was one forum going on about camilla ( before they married) and everyone had their say about her. There was a "Freddie" who came on once in awhile , who, although NOT giving Camilla total support, did try and point out nice things about her.. and a couple of others in the RF. We were sure it was this lad, who at the time would have been 23,. He was posting from California and I'm sure Freddie spent some time in a rehab centre in California around that year, 2002 -2004...

Countess of Highgrove

I think her hope is that if she invites enough rich people,the couple will recieve enough cash gifts to cover the wedding costs.

It will be interesting to see which members of the family actually attend this. Will and Kate? Kate alone? Hmmmm.

wannable

But what kind of circle does this family hang out with, poor people ?

Satrine

I don't see Will and Kate together. Kate by herself as she was friends w/Freddie before Wills I gather. It will be another Kate was sent in William's place cause he's far to busy training. I think Kate should go back to Rufus, less stress and much more manly IMO.
"OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER"

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

wannable

The wedding is Saturday, both W&H are still in "training" mode, weekends are free.

She's been handling the "stress" for the past 5 years. I know some who wouldn't/couldn't handle "stress" for 5 days.

brittanylala

The only person I feel sorry for in this public drama is Sophie. What an introduction to life within the Windsor fold, hey?! I just hope they have a wonderful day and the pre-wedding stress was minor in comparison to the wedding itself. I also hope we get pictures of William and Kate...can't forget the most important aspect! :)