The Glamour of State Visits in the early reign of Queen Elizabeth II

Started by Windsor, April 27, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

CARBIS BAY, England ? President Biden said that Queen Elizabeth II reminded him of his mother after he took tea with the British monarch at Windsor Castle, his last set-piece event on Sunday before concluding the U.K. leg of his overseas trip.

I wouldn?t mind a few cucumber sandwiches on fresh brown bread and strawberry jam and cream scones myself.

Hardly your mother, Joe! The Queen seems to be in fine fettle this week. It?s been a busy few weeks for her. Apparently she met Joe Biden once before in the US when he was a Senator. I?m sure she remembers. The Queen didn?t accompany the President when he inspected the troops this time but stayed in the shade with Jill Biden. Presumably the incident with Trump wandering along with her in his wake last time was too vivid!

PrincessOfPeace

Izabella

She looked more relaxed and happy with Biden than she did with the disrespectful former dude. I wouldn?t have fault her for yelling at Former Dude to ?get off my lawn!?  :lol:

QuoteLooks like his mother
She may look grandmotherly and frail in all appearances but she might break out in a Taekwondo move!  :lol: Just what is in that purse? Nunchucks?  :lol:

*sigh* Cobra Kai can?t be here soon enough! :lol:

LouisFerdinand

Here is a nice video about Queen Elizabeth II and visiting heads of state.   
State Banquets - YouTube