Harry & Megan - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, March 17, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

So Meghan has arrived early to see Harry and get herself ready for this momentous wedding! The tabloids will be going crazy this weekend. Five royals, a high profile bride, a girlfriend, AND news outlets screaming about portaloos, glass houses, plus imminent engagements.

By the way, good looks are very subjective things.

Harry had a fandom all the way through his twenties which William (who was regarded as hot for five minutes in his very early twenties before his hair started to drop out at 23) never did. Harry has a certain something, which has been discussed many times on Royal forums. He's not conventionally handsome though tall and with a good physique.

However, if you look back through the history of any of the Royal forums' archives there are comments from numerous females about Harry being full of life and personality which IMO transcends handsomeness and show that many girls were admiring of his looks.

The tumblrs and twitters that have burst into flames since Harry started dating Meghan have been illuminating, if only because if Harry wasn't popular then these females wouldn't care so much. They're invested in him.  The hatred of Meghan in these sites wouldn't have been so intense if they didn't care, for a start! 

dianab

Quote from: sandy on May 08, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Kate waited ten years for the ring and did not do anything much on her own except very sporadic part time jobs. Meghan has a career. But if she marries into the royal family she will have to give that up. She and Harry may want to start a family right away if they marry. IF she shows more willingness to work, it may make things more difficult for Kate who has done the minimum
Agree with you. She'll have a awful time in Balmoral and Sandringham with her royal in-laws. Maybe even more awful than Diana and Kate experiences combined... not sure if harry will stand up for her as William does for Kate.

Kate's ambition is biting her in back. Same thing will happen with Meghan.

sandy

IF they marry Harry and Meghan will start their family within a year of the wedding. IMO anyway.

dianab

Sara, Sussex, United Kingdom, moments ago
Its highly amusing that social climber Pippa has spent so much money and gone to so much trouble to be the centre of attention and she is going to be completely upstaged by yet another social climber in the form of Harry's publicity hungry girlfriend. What classy company the royal family is keeping these days.

Read more: Meghan Markle gets ready for Pippa Middleton's wedding | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

They all deserve each other IMO

FanDianaFancy

Ok , the facts   FCT.
Pippa  IS  NOT going to  be upstaged at  her wedding. The  only  person  to  share  and  upstage her  will  be  James Matthews, the groom.  Pippa and James  family and friends  are  not going to  be  looking, whispering , taking  pictures with  MM, someone  they  NOE  even know. They  only  people  at the  wedding  of  Pippa  and James  who know  MM  are  PW, PK, and PH.
MM is  simply  PH's  date/plus one.

MM  is  not  going  to  upstage  Pippa  no  more than  Cressinda the plus  one  of  PH and  Chelsy the bridesmaid upstaged Lady  Percy  at  her  wedding.

YES, the media  is  looking  to  get  a  pic  of  PH  and MM  leaving  or  entering  the church   or driving  away.

Pippa  has  no  more control  of  that than MM  does.

Pippy  the social climber ....yeahyeah, not  really.  She  is a  rich  girl  marrying  a  rich  guy.  Who  should she marry? The butcher,   baker, candlestick maker?  LOL!!!  Difference  of opinion  here with USA  folks vs.  UK  folks.  Pippa  is  marrying  a  man  of her station  in life. She  has  never  dated a  titled  man. her  folks  worked  hard,  lucked  out,  found  an  opening  in the market  and  are self-made multimillionaires. That  moved their kids  into  another world  from which  their  folks  grew up in.  Really,  if they  are social climbers, then  Sophie, Dofwhatever is too. Sophie  is  the  real Cinderella, Middle  Class girl  who  as an  older  woman, early  30's  met  up  by   fate  to  PEdward and  these  two  just  were  a  good match an their  history is  theirs.
Pippa, future  Lady  something, so  be  it. She  was going to MARRY RICH!!!  And  why  should she not?

Yes, some career  ventures of hers, ehhhhh, too  much looking  like  a  come up off her sister  and brother-in-law, but  then so what. Then again, it  was just an extension off her family  business.  Also, she  works  for  a  living. PW ,QEII and PCharles do  not  pay  for her, ok. People  chose to  buy  or not.

MM is WITH  PH.  More facts facts.  Can we  now  rest it  until  ...until  an announcement  that  they  spilt  or  are engaged. 
IMO, I  think  she  might  be  his  one.
IMO,  I think  it  will be  really hard  for  her, as it is  for  all outsiders,  from the press and people, but  with  PH supporting her and TPTB guiding her and her listening to them and  MM not  reading any  praise  -positive  press nor negative, she  can  make  it. Ten  year mark  for, then  she can  finally  ...breathe a  bit outside the  palace walls.

Lady Deb

I hope Pippa & James have a lovely day! If anyone is going to upstage them, I think it will be the adorable Cambridge children, and since they are Pippa's nephew and niece, she probably won't mind.

Other than pictures of George & Charlotte, I'm only interested in seeing pictures of Harry & Meghan, hopefully we'll get some clear pictures of them together. We've seen so few pictures of Harry & Meg together, and it seems they spend around every 2-3 weeks together whether in a London or Canada, they've just been so private and I do respect that.

FanDianaFancy

None of her.  I  assume she was there. So  his girlfriend is going t wait  at  home  while  he  goes  to this wedding? No. I assume  he  fixed it  for her, Pippaw,  etc., to  have  her  leave late  from the  church, out  a  backdoor,  under  a  canopy, etc. Walking  between  the racks  of flowers  to  not be photographed, something.  She  is  not a  bad  rash,  but  just too much  press  of  Pippapoos and James  day  ....too bad  that  she  cannot  be  just  a  normal  girlfriend.

Tiddles88

^ Sigh, so back to being a dirty little secret again? :(

I think she wasn't there. I think she wasn't invited to any of it. And that's why Harry left right after the ceremony.

Curryong

Two or three media outlets have now stated that Meghan is at the evening party and that Harry drove back to London to pick her up and take her there. It's odd that Meghan couldn't have stayed at a nearby hotel (taking Harry's tux with her as well) instead of remaining an hour and a half away.

I think it's very odd behaviour to only invite someone to an evening party afterwards and not the main reception even. However, maybe Meghan can do that to Pippa when her time comes!

By the way there are rumours, via a Royal reporter or two, that there will be some photos of the reception released.

FanDianaFancy

All I  can say, we can  is  is  hmmm.  MM is  n London  and so  is  at  some of J and P Matthews wedding.  I assume,  P and James  Matthews  , like  brides and grooms,  want  all their  guests and  their plus  ones  to be  at ease and  have a enjoyable time.  Too  bad  the  media  is  just  too much that  MM could  not have gone  to the wedding ceremony. To me, if  you miss the wedding  ceremony, you miss  it  all. The  ceremony/vows/wedding  of the bride  and groom is  this part. The reception, we  call it in the states,  is  just the  after party.
Some people  skip  the vows/ceremony/wedding  and go straight  for the party/reception.
I think  MM  could  have gone  to the wedding ceremony and  sneaked in and out  ...even  in  a  crate  if  need be!!  LOL!!!

Rumors and nasty media reports abut  Pippypoopua  not  wanting any  pus  ones  was  simply  not  true. PEug had her plus  ne  . James  Midds has his  forever faithful  plus  one, Donna.
Many others  we  do  not  know had their  plus ones.

Curryong

I'm more than a bit frustrated that Meghan wasn't invited to the actual service, which is the main part of a wedding for me. A party can happen any old time.

Still, maybe Pippa can be paid back in kind when it's Meghan's turn to shine on HER wedding day! A reception invite only for Pippa, and an invite for the wedding for James Matthews only!

I would have liked a couple of photos of Harry and Meghan together, I have to admit. So we go back to hide and seek and the press baying and them seeing each other occasionally but never going out to be photographed. I liked it so much better in the Chelsy days, plenty of photos, PDAs, lots of different occasions of the couple going out. Instead we get this cloak and dagger stuff occurring. It's ridiculous!

Yale

Quote from: Curryong on May 20, 2017, 11:44:23 PM
I'm more than a bit frustrated that Meghan wasn't invited to the actual service, which is the main part of a wedding for me. A party can happen any old time.

Still, maybe Pippa can be paid back in kind when it's Meghan's turn to shine on HER wedding day! A reception invite only for Pippa, and an invite for the wedding for James Matthews only!

I would have liked a couple of photos of Harry and Meghan together, I have to admit. So we go back to hide and seek and the press baying and them seeing each other occasionally but never going out to be photographed. I liked it so much better in the Chelsy days, plenty of photos, PDAs, lots of different occasions of the couple going out. Instead we get this cloak and dagger stuff occurring. It's ridiculous!

Meghan doesn't know Pippa or the other Middletons except for Kate and not even her well enough to get a personal invite.  Come on now!  She would have gone as Harry's plus one! Plus ones don't get an invite, they do as a guest of the who was invited and that would Harry here.  Meghan probably did not go so that all the attention stays on the bride and her and Harry.  And she's right because I only wanted to see her (Meghan) I don't care about Pippa Middleton.

royalanthropologist

Hate to be the party downer but in reality Pippa is just about as royal as I am. Sisters of royal wives are not and have never been royalty. Not even sure it can be classed as a society wedding since non of the principle parties are actually titled in any way. Perhaps a celebrity wedding is the best way to describe it. Even then Pippa is not exactly a Kardashian level celebrity. Her fame came as a result of wearing a rather figure-hugging dress at her royal sister's wedding. Maybe that counts as a big achievement these days.

Having said that, the bride looked nice and the flower girls/boys looked sweet too. I just wish the media was not turning this into the wedding of the century because it is not. Sorry.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

California_dream

@Tiddles88 How is she a "dirty secret"? Meghan doesn't know Pippa and Pippa vise versa,they've never met or spoken to one another so why should she have been invited?It wasn't Meghan and Harrys day but Pippa's and only the media/reporters were saying she was going to both because Harry was going,Meghan's side has said before she isnt going to church but only the reception.Anyways, I'm glad she didn't go,hopefully this OTT attention on the relationship would stop

Tiddles88

^ Meghan is his girlfriend. His official girlfriend, as per the statement from KP. So why is he acting as if they are illicit lovers? Sneaking in through the back door of her house, creating distance on photos. Look at the difference in how he treats her when he knows they are being photographed v. how he treats her when he thinks they're all alone.

He wants his privacy with Meghan? In that case why the statement? He could have protected her in better ways. Ways that worked. Are Harry and his press advisers so painfully dumb that they didn't realise that confirming the relationship would raise the interest in them as a couple? It's like his late mother telling the press: "You'll get a big surprise with the next thing I do. Now leave me alone!". Well, that didn't work out so well for her; A few weeks late she was dead, chased to death by a flock of papps, hoping to get a scoop.

Moreover, Meghan clearly wants the relationship to be known, as is her right. (Before someone tells me that's not true: Go to her instagram and count how many times she published a photo of the "Harry bracelet" in the weeks before they were outed, then go further back to pre Harry and see how few times she published that type of picture before. In addition, many, many sources "close to the couple/ close to the suits star are  clearly Meghan and her closest friends. Look at the last few days alone. Meghan arrives at Heathrow and is whisked away to KP, no photos and yet the story's published, so there's only one possible source: Meghan. Yesterday the headline said "Meghan WILL go to the wedding", it didn't look very likely, but it was true. Who was the source? I wonder.)

So, why not just go out in the sun with her? No need to publicly copulate with her or anything. I would happily have traded the photo of them kissing in the polo car park with a photo of them food shopping or enjoying a cup of coffee in a public park. I liked the beach photos from Jamaica, because while they were not what Lainey and others made them out to be (That was not frolicking in the water by any definition of the word), with a few exceptions, they seemed to show a normal couple on holiday together.

Full disclosure: I'm not a Harry-fan, he ticks all the boxes of my dislikes (casual racist - check, bloodsport fan - check, arrogant - check, self entitled - check, self pitying - check). When he started dating Meghan, I actually started liking him a little, he seemed to have finally grown up and got his act together. But, every time I think more kindly of him, he goes and treats her like a secret mistress again. This cloak and dagger stuff is just turning my stomach and it's not fair to Meghan. And then there's her...

In the beginning, I really liked Meghan, but the more I read about her, the more it seems like she's just phoney, whose press have built her up to be more than she is. Hard working? She's got at most a part time job, well paid, but allows her to spend months on end loafing around in London (in a house that I and my fellow tax payers pay for the maintenance of and have no access to). Does charity? Does she really? One two day trip to Rwanda, where she wrote an article and forgot to promote the charity, instead promoting the Tig; one trip with USO; one telethon, and one trip to India, where again she forgot to give proper details about the charity. And now, one of her colleagues has had to take over her charity work, because Meghan does not have the time for it any longer...

But the most grating thing of all is that for all Meghan's feminist female self empowerment talk, she drops all that she says matters to her because of a man. So little girls everywhere - take note. Build something up that is yours, defend your rights and those of your sisters, and maybe, just maybe, you get to abandon it all at the behest of some rich prince, who will want to kiss you secretly in a car park when he thinks no one is looking. And if you're a good girl he might even marry you, which is important because then you'll be a princess!

And with this rant I'm bowing out of this story. I've had enough of these two.

amabel

what is Harry doing wrong now exactly? Yes he' seems to be indicating that she is a serious romance, but he wants it to be reasoanAlby discreet and NOT splashed over the papers or pictured everywhere, till that has to happen, ie when they get engaged. If Megan has any sense she will want the same.  I don't know much about her, but I am alos a bit sceptical that she's as wonderful as people seem to see her.  yes she's ambitious and hard working but her career is one that she wil have to give up on marriage.  Will she want to do that?  Will she like the fact that in the future her publicity will be for her as a member of the RF not for her acting career?  Is she dedicated ot her charity work?  I don't know,  it seems to me now that most actors and actresses seem to do a bit of charity work so it is hard to know how much they do or how sincere they are in being dedicated to it.

sandy

I think she would be willing to give up her career if she and Harry decide to get married.  She will need to understand too that as the wife of a senior royal, she could be expected to do full time royal duties and not have outside work.

amabel

she would have to give it up and live the life of a senior royals wife.  Lots of flak from the press and the internet.  Restrictions on what she can do.  No more freedom..

Curryong

Meghan would know all about the restrictions of Royal life already. She and Harry would have already discussed them. She knows the score. It's not as if she's seventeen and just started dating Harry. Meghan has stayed at KP and seen the restrictions there. She's met Kate and seen the formality which surrounds Royal life.

Meghan has already stated, in previous interviews before she met Harry, that she had difficulties getting roles because of her biracial background before Suits. The fact is that roles for women over 40 dry up in the acting business, something I'm sure she's very aware of. She knows the realities of show business. As she's lived in Canada for years she's well aware of the Commonwealth, of the Royal family and even of money with the Queen's head on it. Meghan will be fine.

dianab

Canadian people not exactly hero worship royals or give much thought about them or the Queen being their head of state...

amabel

Lot of difference between seeing Harry at times and knowing about the RF and life in Britain from brief expxerinece nad talking to H.  and actually being committed to live it.

Curryong

^ No person married into the BRF actually knew/knows what it feels like until they are married and in it. Diana didn't know, Fergie didn't, Sophie didn't and Kate didn't. So they were just as inexperienced, just as ignorant of the life style as Meghan will be. She's probably a quick learner. Actors usually are.

Also, I know Canadians aren't ra-ra about the monarchy. Neither are Aussies. (Even so, both countries still retain the Queen as head of state.) All the same, living in a Commmonwealth country for any length of time does give a different perspective on things than living longterm in a republic like the US. (The Westminster system of government, for a start.)

Why people are so negative about this woman and think she won't commit, won't adapt, won't do this, won't do that, is beyond me.

royalanthropologist

I think the negativity is because of nationality, race and profession. I know that the PC position is not to talk about these things but the reality is that people just then opt to hide behind generalized objections. Ultimately it is Harry's choice. If he is denied the right to marry the woman he loves, you could end up with a repeat of the Charles, Diana, Camilla love triangle.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

If push comes to shove I think Harry would marry Meghan in contravention of the Royal Marriage Act and take himself and heirs out of the succession. However, I don't believe that the Queen will refuse permission, and those that don't like Harry's choice will just have to suck it up, I guess.