Charles and Camilla -General Chat

Started by cinrit, March 30, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Curryong on May 31, 2023, 02:26:19 AM
In Schofield?s statement he made it clear that the physical affair with this young man only began after he came of age, that is, 18+. Rather icky, considering Schofield?s then age, but hardly a hanging offence. And Philip told his brother to go to the police. The brother was charged with offences against a minor. Horrible, but certainly not Schofield?s fault. And Philip told people following the revelations that he no longer had a brother.

As for previous Princes of Wales, if all of them, lemming-like, jumped off a cliff, would that compel Charles to do the same? Why not model his marital conduct on that of George V (?I am not interested in any other wife but my own?) or his own grandfather who was faithful to the QM throughout his marriage, instead of saying to Diana, as he reputedly did, ?Do you expect me to be the only Prince of Wales who has never had a mistress??

That kind of wonky moral compass stinks in my view. I?m not a deeply religious person but adultery is just one step too far iMO. And let?s not forget, Camilla was also married. Their affair affected four offspring.

I?m not going to rehash the Charles and Diana saga because heaven knows, it?s been done to death; suffice it to say, there were numerous problems caused by both sides and I?ll choose not to get on my high horse about it considering I?m a firm believer that only the two people that are in a marriage can truly know what?s going on behind closed doors.

That?s another reason that I won?t presume that Philip?s eye never wandered and the second reason is that it truly is none of my business. Being Prince of Wales encompasses many roles, all of them public, and plenty of them have been successful without having been faithful to their wives. The difference with Charles is that it became public in the most unsavory way, as we lived in a different media age. The crux of this isn?t whether cheating on your wife is wrong, but a reply to your statement that somehow his cheating meant that he shouldn?t be Prince of Wales because of it. There?s ample proof historically that fidelity to your wife and being a successful PoW have very little to do with each other.

And yes, I?m so sure that Schofield completely had zero attraction to him and only gave the teenager an opportunity to work for This Morning out of the goodness of his own heart. I?m sure that?s also why he lied about it to his coworkers. Now, if you choose to believe him, I take no qualms about that, it?s simply a choice. However, to insinuate that his infidelity is the reason for his firing isn?t a matter of fact. When he came out, he was lauded on all fronts. I know, because I remember watching it. If cheating was the reason he?d been fired, it would have happened then. It didn?t and instead he was heralded as a brave man who came out this late in life out of courage.

This scandal didn?t begin until after the trial of his brother started and it came out that his brother said he told him about what he had been doing. Telling your brother to seek help isn?t the same as reporting it to the police, which is what he should have done. He lied about who he had the affair with to his coworkers and I?m unsure why his brother would lie about telling Philip when he was copping to the other vile things he did, so he was well aware of what was happening. His coworkers were upset that he lied about who he had the affair with and also regarding the upcoming trial, as many were blindsided. It caused a toxic atmosphere for everyone else on set and the scandal became bigger than the show. That?s why this happened. The fact that he cheated on his wife isn?t even being discussed because of the seriousness behind the other things he?s purportedly done.

HistoryGirl2

And I add that another difference is that being an ambassador for the Prince?s Trust is not a right or something anyone is entitled to. Rightly or wrongly, Charles is quite literally entitled to be Prince of Wales based on the line of succession.

Amabel2

oh for goodness sakes, its quite obvious now tht anyone who has been involved in any kind of sexual scandal is going to be considered persona non grata by the press and some of hte public.  Charles problaby has no feelings one way or the ohter but Scofield has to be damned eternally because of his sex life.

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 31, 2023, 11:28:41 AM
oh for goodness sakes, its quite obvious now tht anyone who has been involved in any kind of sexual scandal is going to be considered persona non grata by the press and some of hte public.  Charles problaby has no feelings one way or the ohter but Scofield has to be damned eternally because of his sex life.

Philip?s brother is responsible for his own actions. He engaged in sexual activity with a minor. That is quite different to what Philip Schofield was doing.

Why does Schofield have to ?be damned eternally because of his sex life?? This young man was an adult, 18 plus, when the physical affair began. Yes, having such an affair was certainly not very edifying due to the large gap in age and Philip being in a position of authority. However, and this is the point, it was not unlawful, and nobody at ITV who knew/know them both is saying it is.

Curryong

I never mentioned in my post, nor do I believe, that Schofield got the sack because he cheated on his wife. He was told to resign in large part because his co-host Holly was annoyed that he lied to her about this young man, (and he WAS a young man, not a child or a very young teenager. Schofield wasn?t particularly well-liked by colleagues and so he had to go. He didn?t have to resign because he was doing something illegal with the young man.

And as for Charles, is it too much to expect that a man who is (and was going to be) ceremonial Head of the Anglican Church found it impossible to keep his hands off another man?s wife? I do expect someone in an elevated position in life to behave himself in a different sort of way to others who do not have his privileges.

I am perfectly entitled to expect a person with the privileges Charles has had in life to respect his marriage vows, especially considering his position in the Church of England.

I don?t care how many Princes of Wales have done the same. Some haven?t and those are the ones I respect. And before someone mentions Henry VIII, and the founding of the C of E because of adultery, that was in the 16th century and supposedly we have all moved on from then. .

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Curryong on May 31, 2023, 02:59:13 PM
I never mentioned in my post, nor do I believe, that Schofield got the sack because he cheated on his wife. He was told to resign in large part because his co-host Holly was annoyed that he lied to her about this young man, (and he WAS a young man, not a child or a very young teenager. Schofield wasn?t particularly well-liked by colleagues and so he had to go. He didn?t have to resign because he was doing something illegal with the young man.

And as for Charles, is it too much to expect that a man who is (and was going to be) ceremonial Head of the Anglican Church found it impossible to keep his hands off another man?s wife? I do expect someone in an elevated position in life to behave himself in a different sort of way to others who do not have his privileges.

I am perfectly entitled to expect a person with the privileges Charles has had in life to respect his marriage vows, especially considering his position in the Church of England.

I don?t care how many Princes of Wales have done the same. Some haven?t and those are the ones I respect. And before someone mentions Henry VIII, and the founding of the C of E because of adultery, that was in the 16th century and supposedly we have all moved on from then. .

You are as entitled to expect whatever you?d like. As he was entitled to be the Prince of Wales and now he is entitled to be King, whether you believe he should be or not. That doesn?t change the fact that comparing his adultery with the situation surrounding Phillip Schofield is off the mark. ITV bosses will soon be questioned about their handling of the situation and it?s not because Schofield was unfaithful to his wife. And it?s not coincidental the the Princes Trust has dropped him at this same time. A lot of people are unfaithful, in TV, government, and regular walks of life, I hear rumors that some of them are even members of the Church of England; they?re not being fired for that either, though.

And you?re right, it isn?t the time of Henry VIII anymore. Neither is it the time of Nathaniel Hawthorne, but I guess in some quarters throwing stones remains a constant.

You?re also fully entitled to believe that Schofield didn?t have a responsibility to report his brother?s crimes to the police. Others clearly disagree, and TV is a game of numbers. I would also say that ?being damned eternally? appears to me to be a questionable way of describing Schofield?s situation. He?s no longer the host of This Morning (but will be given another opportunity to present on ITV) and is no longer an ambassador to the Princes Trust. If that?s being damned eternally, I?ll take some of that, please! Although I think I?ll skip intimations of grooming minors.

wannable

PS might be a pedo, ITV has contracted a Barrister to investigate the 'outside' life going back to 40 years after a video and pictures of him with the young man, when age 12 meeting him at his school. PS was then 42.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 01, 2023, 11:13:42 AM
PS might be a pedo, ITV has contracted a Barrister to investigate the 'outside' life going back to 40 years after a video and pictures of him with the young man, when age 12 meeting him at his school. PS was then 42.

I believe that speculating of this sort about the sexual nature of a person in the public eye with no evidence to back it up isn?t allowed here. It?s akin to repeating gossip on Twitter that has no place on a royal forum.

wannable

^ Curryong, I am not speculating, 15 years old rather than 12, is still a MINOR, hence a barrister has been hired to investigate all the details.

6 pages about this news via google.

Phillip Schofield's lover was just FIFTEEN when they met

Daily Mail
Home | Daily Mail Online ? article-12131993 ? Sch...
Phillip Schofield's lover was just 15 when they met at a talk the veteran TV presenter was giving at a theatre school, The Mail on Sunday ...

How Phillip Schofield hid affair with his young lover in plain ...
Home | Daily Mail Online ? article-12139171 ? Fra...
Schofield reportedly first met him when he was around 15 at a stage school in 2012 and when he was 18 or 19 when he got a job on ITV's This ...

Phillip Schofield's colleague he later had affair with 'was 15 ...

Mirror
The Mirror: The Heart of Britain ? ... ? Phillip Schofield
Phillip Schofield met the man he went on to have an affair with he was a 15-year-old boy, during a visit to his drama school.

Phillip Schofield scandal: Age of 'much younger' man ...

New Zealand Herald
NZ Herald - Breaking news, latest news, business, sport and entertainment - NZ Herald ? Entertainment Shocking new details of the scandal engulfing Phillip Schofield have not only revealed how old his lover was when they met but also suggest ...

Phillip Schofield's lover 'was just 15 when they first met'

Evening Standard
London news | London Evening Standard ? News ? UK
Schofield, 61, quit ITV on Friday after confessing he had a relationship with a much younger man who worked with him on This Morning.

Phillip Schofield's toyboy lover 'confronted' him days before ...

Birmingham Mail
Birmingham Live - Birmingham news, features, information and sport ? ... ? Phillip Schofield
Phillip Schofield's toyboy lover reportedly confronted the presenter - and ITV execs - days before the 61-year-old came out.

Phillip Schofield's 'lover' was just 15 when star first met him

Metro
Metro.co.uk: News, Sport, Showbiz, Celebrities from Metro ? Entertainment ? Showbiz
The man former This Morning presenter Philip Schofield has admitted to having an affair with was only 15 years old when they met at his ...
Missing: knew ‎| Must include: knew

Phillip Schofield's lover was '15 when they met' as ex- ...

LBC
LBC | Leading Britain's Conversation | Live News & Opinion ? news ? phillip-schofield-lover...
A young employee who had an affair with Phillip Schofield was 15-years-old when they met for the first time, it has been claimed.

"Philip Schofield allegedly slept with this boy, he waited ...

Yorkshire Live
YorkshireLive - Yorkshire News, Sport, Events & more ? ... ? Phillip Schofield
Phillip Schofield met the man he would go on to have an "unwise but not illegal" relationship with when he was 15, according to reports.

wannable

Cameron Walker
@CameronDLWalker
NEW: The King has arrived in Romania, beginning a private visit to the country. He is receiving a Guard of Honour at Cotroceni Palace, before undertaking a bilateral meeting with President Iohannis.
The President is expected to host a reception in His Majesty's honour, in Union Hall, marking 25 years since His Majesty first visited the country.

wannable

Klaus Iohannis
@KlausIohannis
President of Romania

Honoured to welcome today at #CotroceniPalace 🇷🇴 HM King Charles III 🇬🇧, on his first visit abroad since the coronation. This is a very important message for the Romanians and proves the strength of His Majesty's bond and special attachment for our country.

Have a happy holiday KCIII.  Transylvania, his home there, the patch of mountains, meadows, springs, brooks.  He deserves it.

HistoryGirl2

^I just recently found out about his property there. So jealous!

wannable

^ I think he hasn't been able to do his walks and hikes, the people over there love him, he's doing these private meet and greet because wherever he goes, there's crowds. In this picture, we can tell he is already in a small town near his Transylvania home, the dirt road...

wannable

Another last night Neil Sean claim: Months ago Charles invited Harry for a father and son trip scheduled for this weekend, duration 1 week at Transylvania.  Harry never replied back.

Amabel2

unlikely Charles would want to go anywhere with Harry for a week at thsi stage in their relationship

wannable

^ Surely the entire BRF, especially his father and brother know Harry is mentally ill. All the Camilla trashing via 'staffers' (his detail bashing of how and whom) went down the drain yesterday under oath, stating no one working, staffers at the palaces do not leak to the press, they do the opposite, they protect you.

KCIII knows his son needs help.

Amabel2

what has that to do with anything.

wannable

IF Charles didn't fully realize his son is mentally ill, yesterday in a court of law, under oath, he must have fully realized his son needs help.

A father is a father is a father.

Amabel2

that may be but he cannot help Harry unless he wants to be helped.  And given Harry's behavour, he may feel it is far too stressful to engage in arguments with him.

wannable

It is a very delicate situation, considering his son purportedly recreated his mother's death twice; Paris and the latest NYC.

Amabel2

wannable

Very stressful. One of my best friends lived through a similar Harry issue (husband), it ended very badly.  :no:

I'm almost secretly wishing H get's deported from USA today (the court of law in the USA gave Biden's gov 5 days to deliver H's Visa paperwork to the Heritage Group). Like no choice but stay in London, and convince him of urgent ASAP SOS. Whilst H is far away in Montecito, CA. my hope - meter is so low, it's practically shutdown. I say this because I am sensing he is spiraling down faster and faster. 

Amabel2

yes he's a mess, but why not just leave him to be a mess.