Sussex royal releases it Year in Review video on Instagram

Started by TLLK, December 31, 2019, 08:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on Instagram: ??Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and thanking you for your continued support! We?ve loved meeting

Quote?Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and thanking you for your continued support! We?ve loved meeting so many of you from around the world and can?t wait to meet many more of you next year. We hope 2020 brings each of you health and continued happiness.? - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Special thanks to Chris Martin and @Coldplay for allowing us to use one of their songs

Photo and video ? SussexRoyal
Thanks to PA for additional images and footage

PrincessOfPeace

I?ve noticed this before with pictures of Archie and it?s in no way a criticism because it can?t be helped but is he slightly cross eyed in his left eye?  There?s another picture of him where it?s really noticeable at least to me. 

amabel

I think he just looks like a baby, nothing like any adults...

Curryong

Adorable indeed. Little kids in any sort of bobble hats are very cute!

Archie has Harry's (and the Markle males) red hair, Meghan's dark eyes and what looks like the beginnings of a Markle family nose. His skin colour is lighter than Meghan's but as both parents are/were freckled I think Archie will grow up with have some as well.

Double post auto-merged: December 31, 2019, 11:11:56 PM

As far as genetics is concerned though, do either of Charles's sons resemble him, or each other for that matter? William doesn't have any of Charles's facial features, and the shape of his face resembles Charles Spencer, IMO. William is almost pure Spencer except for the baldness.

Harry is Spencer in colouring with something of the look of Prince Philip, which has often been remarked on. However, as far as Charles is concerned, except for maybe the shape of Harry's forehead and the very top of his nose there's no resemblance at all. And to be clear, I think the old story of James Hewitt being Harry's father is a load of old horse manure!

My point is though, if Charles's physical looks weren't replicated in his two sons why would there be a strong Windsor resemblance in the next generation, with the extra input of the maternal side in those children as well? And what is the Windsor look, anyway? Premature baldness and huge horse-like teeth or what?

TLLK

The only surprise is the song that they selected IMHO. As much as I have always enjoyed Coldplay's "Clocks" it isn't the happiest of songs IMO.

Coldplay ? Clocks Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Curryong

Probably, except for the appearance of their son, they haven't had the happiest of years, and the music reflects that. If I'd experienced what they've been through I'd probably pick sombre music as well.  (I'm talking about their public lives in the BRF not troubles in their marriage btw. I believe Harry and Meghan are very happy together.)

sandy

Quote from: Curryong on December 31, 2019, 10:03:58 PM

Archie has Harry's (and the Markle males) red hair, Meghan's dark eyes and what looks like the beginnings of a Markle family nose. His skin colour is lighter than Meghan's but as both parents are/were freckled I think Archie will grow up with have some as well.

As far as genetics is concerned though, do either of Charles's sons resemble him, or each other for that matter? William doesn't have any of Charles's facial features, and the shape of his face resembles Charles Spencer, IMO. William is almost pure Spencer except for the baldness.

Harry is Spencer in colouring with something of the look of Prince Philip, which has often been remarked on. However, as far as Charles is concerned, except for maybe the shape of Harry's forehead and the very top of his nose there's no resemblance at all. And to be clear, I think the old story of James Hewitt being Harry's father is a load of old horse manure!

My point is though, if Charles's physical looks weren't replicated in his two sons why would there be a strong Windsor resemblance in the next generation, with the extra input of the maternal side in those children as well? And what is the Windsor look, anyway? Premature baldness and huge horse-like teeth or what?

I do see a lot of Charles in William and Harry, especially when they get similar expressions on their faces as their Dad.  And Harry has the same ears as CHarles and in profile William has a resemblance to his father. Though Harry and William have lots of Spencer features.  Harry has Mountbatten features and looks a lot like Prince Philip.

dianab

William's profile is the same of Diana imo. He in fact looks nothing Windsor. And his children looks nothing Spencer.

Harry is a mix but he particularly looks nothing like his mother. There's something of Lady Sarah in him. There are some Charles and Philip feature in him. But he's not strikingly like them as William is like Diana.

Already little Archie is nothing like Harry or even a mix... he's all Meghan. He has her nose, mouth, cheecks and eyes, maybe her face shape too!

I think this new Windsor generation will be all brown-eyed

sandy

I have a photo of Charles in profile after he first married Diana, I see the same profile on William and when William tries to mug he looks like Charles. But that's it. His children are Middletons in looks. Harry has the exact same hair color as his Aunt Sarah and resembles Sarah's male children, his Spencer cousins.

WIlliam though IMO resembles his Windsor cousin Edward, down to the same baldness pattern. I have some photos Harry/CHarles; William/Edward, etc.

charles and william resemblance - Google Search

william mugging prince - Google Search

prince charles making faces - Google Search

dianab

^in this little charles-harry comparation picture, harry looks very much like a spencer than like charles. as boy he was very similar to his spencer cousins. in pictures of this link, william looks very much like diana, he has the spencer face shape and nose.

i've never seen any likeness between charles and william. the young prince edward wessex have certain likeness to william. but now edward has a round face and william has (always had) the long face of the spencers

sandy

Blue Clover

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 31, 2019, 09:00:24 PM
I?ve noticed this before with pictures of Archie and it?s in no way a criticism because it can?t be helped but is he slightly cross eyed in his left eye?  There?s another picture of him where it?s really noticeable at least to me. 

That can happen with babies, the crossing fades with time, with no trace of it in the next year or two.

dianab

Quote from: TLLK on December 31, 2019, 11:24:33 PM
The only surprise is the song that they selected IMHO. As much as I have always enjoyed Coldplay's "Clocks" it isn't the happiest of songs IMO.

Coldplay ? Clocks Lyrics | Genius Lyrics
self-pity wont help them at all imo

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: Curryong on December 31, 2019, 10:03:58 PM

I think that both Prince Willam and Prince Harry look like their father. William has Diana's eyes and head shape but that's it. The rest is PC. In this picture he and Zara have a similar profile and PC is also in the picture so it's easy to see the similarities. IMO.

william zara army vs navy rundle cup - Google Search

The rumor (helped along by the gallant major himself, lol) about Hewitt being Prince Harry's dad is indeed absurd and just another way to tarnish Diana's reputation.

This picture cleary shows that Prince Harry is PC's son.

prince charles john scott prince harry - Google Search

There were alot of people who remarked on it, and it helped to put the rumor to rest for most IMO.

sandy

Hewitt at first firmly said he was not Harry's father. But after DIana died and he ran out of  money again, he went under "hypnosis" and said "maybe" he met Diana earlier. Then he denied being the father again.

In a billion years, CHarles would have never let someone else's kid be in the line of succession. Charles knows darn well he's Harry's father.

dianab

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on January 01, 2020, 09:05:19 PM
I think that both Prince Willam and Prince Harry look like their father. William has Diana's eyes and head shape but that's it. The rest is PC. In this picture he and Zara have a similar profile and PC is also in the picture so it's easy to see the similarities. IMO.

william zara army vs navy rundle cup - Google Search

The rumor (helped along by the gallant major himself, lol) about Hewitt being Prince Harry's dad is indeed absurd and just another way to tarnish Diana's reputation.

This picture cleary shows that Prince Harry is PC's son.

prince charles john scott prince harry - Google Search

There were alot of people who remarked on it, and it helped to put the rumor to rest for most IMO.

In this young man charles-harry comparation picture in your link... charles and harry arent strikingly alike... but he has the eyes and ears of his father but that it. the nose, cheeks are different. charles has a long face and harry's face shape is quite different imo.

imo zara and william have face shapes and noses completely different.the cheekbones are quite different too. i dont see anything similar in them

imo the 3 sons of the queen look very diferent of each other too

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: sandy on January 01, 2020, 09:09:18 PM
Hewitt at first firmly said he was not Harry's father. But after DIana died and he ran out of  money again, he went under "hypnosis" and said "maybe" he met Diana earlier. Then he denied being the father again.

In a billion years, CHarles would have never let someone else's kid be in the line of succession. Charles knows darn well he's Harry's father.

He was/is an unpleasant and vindictive man IMO. He wouldn't have dared to do that while Diana was alive. The loser.

Prince Charles knows 100 %. He also know that Diana would never do anything like that. 

Double post auto-merged: January 01, 2020, 09:20:18 PM

Quote from: dianab on January 01, 2020, 09:14:01 PM
In this young man charles-harry comparation picture in your link... charles and harry arent strikingly alike... but he has the eyes and ears of his father but that it. the nose, cheeks are different. charles has a long face and harry's face shape is quite different imo.

imo zara and william have face shapes and noses completely different.the cheekbones are quite different too. i dont see anything similar in them

imo the 3 sons of the queen look very diferent of each other too

I think they look very similar in that picture. He also looks like Prince Philip.

Prince Harry has Diana's facial shape. But everything else is all Windsor, IMO.

dianab

if i didnt know who they were i'll never tell diana and harry are related.

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on January 01, 2020, 03:31:03 PM
That can happen with babies, the crossing fades with time, with no trace of it in the next year or two.
It should sort itself out soon enough.  :nod:

Strabismus (for Parents) - Nemours KidsHealth

QuoteHow Is Strabismus Diagnosed?

It's normal for a newborn's eyes to wander or cross occasionally during the first few months of life. But by the time a baby is 4 to 6 months old, the eyes usually straighten out. If one or both eyes continue to wander in, out, up, or down ? even once in a while ? it's probably due to strabismus.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: dianab on January 01, 2020, 09:22:41 PM
if i didnt know who they were i'll never tell diana and harry are related.

I think so too. Prince Harry looks more like Prince Philip and Prince Charles.