News, Photos and Chat about Albert & Charlene's wedding - July 2011

Started by marine2109, May 10, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale

Thanks Princess Grace, I never knew that they always had two ceremonies.

pinkpearls

Apparently, only a civil ceremony is recognized in Monaco.

XeniaCasaraghi

Diana looked happy at her wedding, and the marriage was a disaster.
Sarah looked thrilled at her wedding and it ended in divorce.
Grace looked somber and the marriage lasted.
Charlene looked somber but there were times when she did smile. Let's all just hope for Charlene's sake that she did not try to leave the country.

Windsor

I wouldn't really wouldn't trust those measurements of yours.

scook91870

She did try to leave the country.  Their PR or spokepeople are now admitting that there was a small incident or misunderstanding.  I hope that Charlene is smart enough...though none of her actions so far seem to indicate that to be true....to get her passport back now that the wedding's a done deal.  Her only power now comes from not getting pregnant with this loser's legitimate heir.  Yuck.

missing diana

Quote from: Princesse Grace on July 03, 2011, 11:15:34 AM
I liked a lot the moment of the throwing of rose petals,it was lovely and romantic. :clap:

That was really beautiful!

missing diana

Quote from: scook91870 on July 04, 2011, 02:46:03 AM
She tried to leave three times!  http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/princess-tried-to-flee-three-times-20110704-1gxwa.html

She did try to leave the country.  Their PR or spokepeople are now admitting that there was a small incident or misunderstanding.  I hope that Charlene is smart enough...though none of her actions so far seem to indicate that to be true....to get her passport back now that the wedding's a done deal.  Her only power now comes from not getting pregnant with this loser's legitimate heir.  Yuck.

I sensed she was not joyous during the ceremony.  I thought her bursting into tears was worrisome and  I didn't think Albert comforted her enough at that time.   

How scary that "officials"  can confiscate the passport of a non criminal?  Shocking.  This has been confirmed by high level police officials in Nice to Le Figaro, very troubling IMO.

Maybe that is why she resorted to the plastic surgery, she feels insecure because of possible other women?  I do hope there is no additional young child, Charlene does not deserve this, she really seems like a sweet, sweet girl.

beeswax

I agree with Windsor's earlier reply.

I think Will and Kate looked really happy, even if they were nervous ...
whereas Charlene looked like the smile on her face was made of plastic, and looked really miserable during some moments of the ceremony.

wannable

Is that why she was tearful? Prince Albert's bride 'tried to run away THREE times'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010834/Monaco-royal-wedding-Charlene-Wittstock-tried-run-away-3-times.html#ixzz1R8weQfp4

I don't follow the Principality of Monaco, so I really don't know or have an opinion.  Good luck to Princess Charlene!

scook91870

Sarcastically I would wish her "good luck" but in reality, I'm horrified  by this situation.  How can ordinary women expect any help if someone this high profile is forced into a version of sexual slavery?  Isn't that what's required of her...to produce a legitimate heir for Monaco?  All those people scared of paying French taxes so it's okay to force one very scared and unhappy person into an unwanted marriage.  Aren't there many other vain and shallow women in Monaco that would be more than happy with marrying this ageing man no matter how many children that are out there?

Hale

I confess total ignorance of other European royal families, but I am curious to know if you guys believe the latest story that Charlene did try to run away 3 times.  If so why did she go through with it?  Is this wedding is arranged?  :shrug:

wannable

Scook, Yes, my last opinion so to speak- months ago about Albert is similar to what you have said, which translates to the minimum knowledge - out of wedlock children and Charlene dating him, before formal engagement. Never liked him  :gross:

ETA, I do have some male friends that have 1 child out of wedlock, they were young and passionately mad - and are doing the daddy duty responsibilities, but a case of committing the same serial 'mistake' - repeatedly....  :notamused:

cinrit

I've never followed the royals in Monaco, either, but I did watch both the civil ceremony and the religious ceremonies.  Charlene's face looked frozen.  I don't know anything about her except that she obviously won a medal in the Olympics, but my heart went out to her.  I wish them every happiness, but I can't get it out of my head that there is a 20-year difference in their ages.  And yes, while I'm not sure why I believe it, I do believe that she tried to leave.  :(

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on July 04, 2011, 02:54:52 PM
I've never followed the royals in Monaco, either, but I did watch both the civil ceremony and the religious ceremonies.  Charlene's face looked frozen.  I don't know anything about her except that she obviously won a medal in the Olympics, but my heart went out to her.  I wish them every happiness, but I can't get it out of my head that there is a 20-year difference in their ages.  And yes, while I'm not sure why I believe it, I do believe that she tried to leave.  :(

Cindy

Honestly, she must have known that he has had a lot of previous relationships.  Its no secret that he has had 2 children... so presumably she's prepred to live iwht all that....

scook91870

Here's the little I've read about...no job ever....no college....doesn't speak French.  Apparently she was very isolated in Monaco and completely dependent on Albert who "kept" her in an apartment.  She got herself into a difficult situation with the minimal knowledge of his two children but I don't think she realized that it was an ongoing issue.  She was very naive and very stupid. 

At some point, everyone in Monaco decided the wedding had to go on b/c Albert had to produce an heir.  The losers in this situation are Charlene and Caroline's boys b/c the constitution had been amended in some way to allow them to inherit.  Charlene seems to have been denied asylum in her embassy and the palace had taken her passport....no country was going to get involved in this minor diplomatic incident.  She realized too late that she was in way over head and being used.

One question I am wondering since hearing about the latest child(ren)....does Monaco sell condoms?

amabel

Quote from: scook91870 on July 04, 2011, 04:01:47 PM
Here's the little I've read about...no job ever....no college....doesn't speak French.  Apparently she was very isolated in Monaco and completely dependent on Albert who "kept" her in an apartment.  She got herself into a difficult situation with the minimal knowledge of his two children but I don't think she realized that it was an ongoing issue.  She was very naive and very stupid. 

At some point, everyone in Monaco decided the wedding had to go on b/c Albert had to produce an heir.  The losers in this situation are Charlene and Caroline's boys b/c the constitution had been amended in some way to allow them to inherit.  Charlene seems to have been denied asylum in her embassy and the palace had taken her passport....no country was going to get involved in this minor diplomatic incident.  She realized too late that she was in way over head and being used.

One question I am wondering since hearing about the latest child(ren)....does Monaco sell condoms?

where did you read all this?  I've had a look at the Net and theres nothing about her "running away".. and I presume she is from a wealthy family... plus she is 33....

Hale

amabel.....read this

I heard about it in the run up to the wedding.  There was an article in the Evening Standard about how she supposedly tried to run away and was stopped at Nice airport and her passport confiscated.  At first I didn't believe it.  Now I don't know what to think?

Condoms.........that's what I thought of.  Okay, accidents happen.  One child to be fathered out of wedlock fair enough, but two and now the discussion is about another child possibly two.  :shrug:

scook91870

Amabel, I'm trying to find the story that I had read before the wedding but it's tough going b/c of all the controversy now...the article was an interview of a journalist who had recently talked with Charlene.  As background for the story describing jealousy of Charlene, etc., she talked about Charlene's background.  That's what piqued my interest a tiny bit in this future princess before that I just rolled my eyes at this wedding b/c I thought it was so obvious that this was a very pragmatic arrangement on the part of Albert.  Now, of course, that's been proven to be the absolute truth.

Here's an example of Charlene's obliviousness...she wants to know if Albert cheated on her during their 5-year relationship.  Well, doing simple math if the supposed new baby is 18 months old and you've been seeing each other for 5 years, I think the answer is "yes".  But, the M palace says the latest incident occurred when they were on a "break".  Apparently, that's news to Charlene that they had a break.

I think the M palace has zero credibility but to be fair, Albert doesn't make it easy for them.  So, maybe, it's just that Albert has zero credibility.  Sad situation all around.

cinrit

Quote from: amabel on July 04, 2011, 03:39:34 PM
Honestly, she must have known that he has had a lot of previous relationships.  Its no secret that he has had 2 children... so presumably she's prepred to live iwht all that....   

I doubt it's the two children who are publicly known, but rather the one claim (or, as I've read recently, two) that has just surfaced.  The child in question is apparently 16 months old, and the mother is demanding (requesting?) a DNA test.

Quote from: Hale on Today at 12:06:01 PMCondoms.........that's what I thought of.  Okay, accidents happen.  One child to be fathered out of wedlock fair enough, but two and now the discussion is about another child possibly two.  :shrug: 

That's exactly it.  Once is "ooops", twice is "tsk tsk".  And now three (or four?) times?  That's irresponsibility.  And that's not even taking into consideration the feelings of the children.

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lady In Red

Sad. Just sad. Despite it all there is a part of me that would like for Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to work it out (if that's possible) but it all sounds so awful and cruel that I don't think that they'll be able to do so. Time will tell.

wannable

QuotePrince Albert's bride 'desperate to know' if he cheated on her while they were together
By PETER ALLEN

Princess Charlene of Monaco is 'desperate to know' whether her new husband Prince Albert had a love child during the five years they were in a relationship, it has emerged.
The couple were scheduled to fly off on honeymoon today to South Africa – the place which Charlene, 33, is said to have tried to flee to three times before their £55million wedding at the weekend.
She was said to be hugely distraught at claims that Albert, 53, had fathered up to two more children to add to the two illegitimate ones he already has.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011135/Prince-Alberts-bride-desperate-know-cheated-together.html#ixzz1RAIQqu00 

XeniaCasaraghi

I don't view Charlene as a victim. They have been together for awhile and she could have broken it off a long time ago prior to the supposed fleeing incidents. I do think she is too good for Albert, but his bastard ways have been known for years, and she still said yes to the engagement.