News, Photos and Chat about Albert & Charlene's wedding - July 2011

Started by marine2109, May 10, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missing diana

Quote from: Windsor on July 02, 2011, 05:11:05 PM
And the crowd control barriers in the streets of Monaco, what for? Seriously... there isn't a crowd to control.  :laugh:
I think they only allowed 8,000 people into the Rocher area, where the wedding was held. 

Thank you for the links everyone!

Windsor

I mean the barriers down in Monaco itself, all the processional route was full of crowd control barriers and yet there were no crowds to control. It looked rather sad actually... :shrug:

blackprincess92

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Wickedly Good

Not sure what is going on with these two...but she looks unbelievable!  She knocked it out of the park and that to me is a fabulous dress.  It is elegant and classy.  Simple, yes, but I think too much lace can look frump and too much of a throwback...and too much sparkle can look chav.  I think this dress let her beauty shine.  I love her hair and makeup.   

Brneyechick25

Not sure were else to put this:

Quote@britishroyals
British Royals Off topic but... Oh my, could this be true? Albert to face paternity tests following
wedding? ...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/8612962/Prince-Albert-of-Monaco-faces-paternity-test-after-wedding-officials-confirm.html
:eyes:

Someone needs to introduce him to contraceptives. Also i kinda believe the story of her making  a break for it if this is true. :ninja:

blackprincess92

no doubt she is going to get pregnant soon....so bring on the drama!

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

blackprincess92

QuoteDesigned by Italian designer Giorgio Armani, the dress was studded in crystal and pearl, taking 2,500 hours to prepare.
The embroidery alone took 700 hours, and "kilometres" of platinum-coated thread were sewn into 130 metres of off-white silk.
It bore 40,000 Swarovski crystals, 20,000 mother of pearl teardrops, and 30,000 "stones in gold shades" arranged in floral patterns.

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

Brneyechick25

cinrit

Does anyone know who the people sitting outside were?  They were more casually dressed than the guests in the courtyard.  And why did Caroline look so unemotional, while Stephanie was trying hard not to cry? 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

I wonder if she wanted to postpone the wedding because of the rumours that Albert had another love child, but she was told they couldn't because of the cost? 

I'm sorry, I know I'm in the small minority, but I don't find Charlotte all that attractive.  In the video I thought she looked very old and harsh.  I thought Caroline looked beautiful, and Charlene looked absolutely angelic
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

wannable

QuotePrince Albert of Monaco faces paternity test after wedding, officials confirm
Prince Albert II of Monaco faces a paternity test after his wedding to Charlene Wittstock following claims that he has fathered a third child out of wedlock, officials have confirmed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/monaco/8612962/Prince-Albert-of-Monaco-faces-paternity-test-after-wedding-officials-confirm.html   

Monaco Royal Wedding
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&ep=17&p=monaco+royal+wedding

Brneyechick25

Quote from: Lothwen on July 02, 2011, 07:53:24 PM
I wonder if she wanted to postpone the wedding because of the rumours that Albert had another love child, but she was told they couldn't because of the cost? 

I'm sorry, I know I'm in the small minority, but I don't find Charlotte all that attractive.  In the video I thought she looked very old and harsh.  I thought Caroline looked beautiful, and Charlene looked absolutely angelic

Add me to the group and it gets a little bit bigger, because i don't either. Her features are very harsh imo.

blackprincess92

Quote from: cinrit on July 02, 2011, 07:51:19 PM
Does anyone know who the people sitting outside were?  They were more casually dressed than the guests in the courtyard.  And why did Caroline look so unemotional, while Stephanie was trying hard not to cry? 

Cindy

i think stephanie and albert are more close as brother and sister than he and caroline....i personally think caroline doesnt like charlene or she is threatened because charlene is taking her place ..

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

blackprincess92

Quote from: Brneyechick25 on July 02, 2011, 07:57:31 PM

Add me to the group and it gets a little bit bigger, because i don't either. Her features are very harsh imo.

:o ...but we can all agree that stephanie isnt a looker...sorry if that sounds mean but she isnt helping matters...the past does catch up to you...

she seems to have broad shoulders like charlene.

edit:forgot to merge my posts ....can one of the mods do it for me ..thanks and my apologies :flower: im forgetting things today

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

cinrit

With all the "C" names, I had to read this twice before I got them straight in my head.  :laugh:  I find Charlotte sensual, but not necessarily beautiful.  I couldn't see Caroline all that well because of the wide brim of her hat.  Charlene looks, to me, like the girl next door ... pretty, fresh, innocent, sweet.  She made a lovely bride.  She also looked a little out of her element.

Quote from: blackprincess92i think stephanie and albert are more close as brother and sister than he and caroline....i personally think caroline doesnt like charlene or she is threatened because charlene is taking her place ..

As a sister, or as an heir?  If as an heir, I thought Caroline didn't want to be first in line for the throne?  (Does Monaco have a throne?)

Cindy

Liquorice

Quote from: Trudie on July 02, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: Brneyechick25 on July 02, 2011, 03:19:16 PM
Her dress reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria's, to simple imo. Her makeup and hair is perfection however.

I thought so too. I think she looked absolutely beautiful the dress was beautiful in it's simplicity however, I think she forgot her earrings.  Caroline looked like she was in pain at a funeral more then a guest at a wedding. IMO.

As far as weddings go this did not appear to be a joyful one unlike the CP Victoria or William and Kate's. Now on to Zara's!!!!!

She did not forget her earrings. Her dress is embroidered with platinum threads and Swarovski crystals, she had a jewel for her chignon, and it was already a lot. She did not wear any tiara whereas Prince Albert bought 2 new ones for her wedding ! Her pen is encrusted with gems and cost 200 000 euros ! I think she felt oversurrounded by luxury.

blackprincess92

^ i dont know...but yes caroline was kind of in the place of his "bride" like his helpmate or teammate....she was in monaco more often than not.

Quote from: Liquorice on July 02, 2011, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: Trudie on July 02, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: Brneyechick25 on July 02, 2011, 03:19:16 PM
Her dress reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria's, to simple imo. Her makeup and hair is perfection however.

I thought so too. I think she looked absolutely beautiful the dress was beautiful in it's simplicity however, I think she forgot her earrings.  Caroline looked like she was in pain at a funeral more then a guest at a wedding. IMO.

As far as weddings go this did not appear to be a joyful one unlike the CP Victoria or William and Kate's. Now on to Zara's!!!!!

She did not forget her earrings. Her dress is embroidered with platinum threads and Swarovski crystals, she had a jewel for her chignon, and it was already a lot. She did not wear any tiara whereas Prince Albert bought 2 new ones for her wedding ! Her pen is encrusted with gems and cost 200 000 euros ! I think she felt oversurrounded by luxury.

she didnt wear earrings...she doesnt have ear piercings :nod:

she has been living in monaco for quite some time and off the prince....she couldnt afford the lifestyle herself so i think she accustomed...i highly doubt she was shock...nervous perhaps.. :wink:

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on July 02, 2011, 08:02:52 PM
I'm

With all the "C" names, I had to read this twice before I got them straight in my head.  :laugh:  I find Charlotte sensual, but not necessarily beautiful.  I couldn't see Caroline all that well because of the wide brim of her hat.  Charlene looks, to me, like the girl next door ... pretty, fresh, innocent, sweet.  She made a lovely bride.  She also looked a little out of her element.

Quote from: blackprincess92i think stephanie and albert are more close as brother and sister than he and caroline....i personally think caroline doesnt like charlene or she is threatened because charlene is taking her place ..

As a sister, or as an heir?  If as an heir, I thought Caroline didn't want to be first in line for the throne?  (Does Monaco have a throne?)

Cindy

I don't know if it technically has a throne, but IIRC it is still an absolute monarchy... with the Prince having pretty much all the power.  At present Caroline is heir to the throne until Albert has a child

missing diana

Quote from: amabel on July 02, 2011, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: cinrit on July 02, 2011, 08:02:52 PM
I'm

Cindy

I don't know if it technically has a throne, but IIRC it is still an absolute monarchy... with the Prince having pretty much all the power.  At present Caroline is heir to the throne until Albert has a child

It is unclear to me what changes Ranier made to the constitution except that only legitimate issue of the heir could inherit the throne.  Clearly he didn't want the half African son to inherit the throne.  Pure hypocrisy as his own mother was illegitimate, the child of a maid/laundress/dressmaker.  She, Princess Charlotte, was adopted by Prince Louis as an adult. The legality of this adoption was highly questionable.  Once she was appropriately married and bore an heir she ceded her rights to accession to Ranier and went off to liver her life,  later cohabitating with a famous jewel thief. She also reportedly ran a half way house to help reform convicts. 

A bit of racism on the part of Ranier IMO.   

Back to the original point,previously a male heir was required otherwise Monaco was to revert to france. Was Ranier able to change this, with acquiescence from France?

Windsor

Yes, Monaco does have a throne, it is located in the Throne Room at the Palace.

Throne of Monaco

In regards to the succession, all members of the Grimaldi family may now ascend to the throne, including the children of The Princess Caroline. The illegitimate children of Prince Albert are however excluded from succession given these children were born out of wedlock. For The Princess Caroline to loose her title as Hereditary Princess of Monaco Prince Albert and Princess Charlene must produce an heir.

If no legitimate heirs are produced by Prince Albert, then Princess Caroline upon his death will become the Sovereign Princess of Monaco, and her eldest son Andrea Casiraghi would then become Hereditary Prince, and future Sovereign Prince.

missing diana

Oh no I am with you on that one, even with the new set of teeth, lip injections, botox and nose and breast plastic surgery. 

Apparently many people disagree.  I was shocked by the number of comments on the Daily Mail  pointing to Charlene as far prettier that Catherine. 

It is not a competition, however, I preferred Kate's classic gown and she really looked so happy during the ceremony, after the ceremony and ever since.

Charlene struck me as very, very sad.  I hope the rumors are false.

amabel

Quote from: Windsor on July 02, 2011, 09:27:10 PM

Throne of Monaco

In regards to the succession, all members of the Grimaldi family may now ascend to the throne, including the children of The Princess Caroline. The illegitimate children of Prince Albert are however excluded from succession given these children were born out of wedlock. For The Princess Caroline to loose her title as Hereditary Princess of Monaco Prince Albert and Princess Charlene must produce an heir.

If no legitimate heirs are produced by Prince Albert, then Princess Caroline upon his death will become the Sovereign Princess of Monaco, and her eldest son Andrea Casiraghi would then become Hereditary Prince, and future Sovereign Prince.

I thought that one of the changes made was that children born out of wedlock could be legitimated by this subsequent marriage of their parents and hence could become legal heirs.  IIRC Stephanie's first child was born before her marriage but was legitimated by her later marrying the child's father... and so Albert if he married the motehr of his son then would make the son legitimate and an heir to the throne.  And IIRC Rainier's mother was illegitimate but was adopted and legitimated by her father? 
BUT I Seems also to remember that some years ago Rainier disinherited Stephanie because he was so fed up and disgusted by her behaviour so she was out of the line.  I assume she's been restored.

cinrit

Quote from: Windsor on July 02, 2011, 09:27:10 PM

Throne of Monaco

Thanks, Windsor.  The throne itself isn't very impressive, but the canopy (and the room itself) is.

Cindy

sara8150

Monaco royal wedding: Elegant princess bride is stunning in silk Armani
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-albert-monaco-charlene-wittstock/20110702733/monaco-royal-wedding-princess-charlene-bridal-gown/1/

Monaco royal wedding: The world watches as the regal couple seal their love
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com//prince-albert-monaco-charlene-wittstock/20110702734/monaco-royal-wedding-prince-albert-princess-charlene-religious-ceremony/1/

Monaco royal wedding: A vision in white, Charlene gets set to celebrate her nuptials
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-albert-monaco-charlene-wittstock/20110702747/charlene-albert-official-dinner/1/

Monaco royal wedding: Queens, kings and dukes congratulate the newlyweds
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-albert-monaco-charlene-wittstock/20110702731/prince-albert-princess-charlene-victoria-sweden-monaco-religious-service/1/

Princess Charlene's wedding gowns designer by Armani and train is 15 train and five metres its would remind of Princess Diana in 1981 but Princess Diana's 25 train and im not sure Diana's metres i have no idea..