What do you think about Sophie?

Started by Hale, October 13, 2010, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindelle

Sorry, but no.
Diana got a lot of flak over the style of her dress, even for the era it was. It was far too doiley.
Not at all the sophisticated Diana we already knew.
I remember being a bridesmaid at the same time and I cringed at what   I looked like.

serene grace

Quote from: Lindelle on October 24, 2010, 09:19:39 PM
She has a lot of class and style.

Out of the three brides pictured, Sophie was the most elegant.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/20000211/m927.gif

http://thestar.blogs.com/nakedlunch/2006/11/the_countess_of.html

Great blog about Sophie, thanku for sharing Lindelle.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Trudie

Actually I wasn't too fond of Diana's wedding dress either but, because of the venue and size of the wedding it was right for that time. Also Diana was married to the heir to the throne WHO she really had to stand out with her groom. Sophie's dress was appropriate for the small wedding she had and the difference in bridal fashion 18 years apart displayed that. The 80's were all about big. Big hair, shoulder pads etc while the 90's were very sleek and toned down. Sarah's dress was also very mid 80's again big. If you look at pictures of Sophie and Diana in the mid 90's both were wearing the same sleek toned down style of dress. It is comparable if you look at the third picture of the two together in Serene Graces Sig.

Lindelle

I've often looked at that.
Right styles for the right times.

I'm thinking Sophie's style has changed now not to suit the times, but to suit herself.

Ukroyalist

I think The Countess always looks so incredibly elegant and regal. A true royal!

Trudie

I think Sophie dresses now to reflect her age and status. I think she is true to herself and is always elegant.

Ukroyalist

I've noticed The Countess has got a little braver with her style, particularly her footwear.

serene grace

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Trudie

I agree Sophie can rock Louboutin's like a pair of Wellies. Sophie is comfortable in her own skin and her wardrobe choices reflect her understated but sparkling personality. I noticed that unlike other Princesses there is never a note regarding who designed her clothing one can't tell if it is couture or off the rack she looked confident no matter what she is wearing.

Lothwen

Quotehttp://www.zimbio.com/photos/Sophie/Prince+Albert+II/Grace+Kelly+Style+Icon+Private+View+Arrivals/q9Pl-IcEtBZ

Both Charlene and Sophie look great here, although I am not a fan of Sophie's wrap with the dress.  However, both ladies look classy and age and event appropriate, and I think they both glow and look beautiful
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Hale

Quote from: Lindelle on October 23, 2010, 07:46:52 AM
Does anyone know her popularity within the rf's polls, say throughout Britain?

No I don't Lindelle.  Sorry.  I do believe that both Sophie and Edward have a stable marriage, but unfortunately the press are not interested in that.  They like to focus on the cracks.  One of the good things about joining a Royal Forum it's places like this you'll find all the info.  We don't see much of Sophie at all nor Edward for that matter.  I think it time that their was a TV special on them focusing on their work. 

I like the fact that despite the HRH status, Sophie is very much a hands on mum and she doesn't come across as a person who has airs despite marrying into the RF.

Lindelle

Me too and oooohhhhh an interview with them would be wonderful.
But sadly, that's when the press would pick on the negatives.