What do you think about Sophie?

Started by Hale, October 13, 2010, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-467092/How-Sophies-Queens-favourite.html

:)  Yup.......I know.....this is an old article from 2007.  The reason I have posted it is because I am aware that we constantly have a new influx of members.  Also, because certain other boards tend to dominate on this forum sometimes it's good to be reminded of other members of the RF.

Quote"Some people have accused Sophie of sucking up to the Queen, and I think there is an element of self-preservation in the way she has behaved since the fake sheikh debacle," says one royal source.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-467092/How-Sophies-Queens-favourite.html#ixzz12HBA7yzS

Scarlet Flowers

She has redeemed herself with her hard work IMO.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

royalwatcher05

:flower: Thanks for posting the topic

Like Sophie a lot! She is a good mom,  works hard  dresses well most of the time.
I think she had done a good job. Sure the fake sheik thing happened, but gosh that was a while ago .  I think she has more than made up for  that.   Her and Edward have a great marriage no real scandals on that front which is wonderful.  Though i do wish we'd see more of them.

Kuei Fei

The Sheik was a setup by the press, not a genuine indiscretion. I don't blame her for that, the press has gotten worse and worse adn worse. Instead of reporting, they create stories by starting trouble.

Hale

:P  Your  :welcome: royalwatcher05   :thankyou:

Lindelle

I happen to like Sophie and the way she has managed to not be in the spotlight all the time.
As well, the way she has given her children the chance to be children.
I take my hat off to her.
She could've gone the same way as Fergie, but thank god she saw the aftermath.

Kuei Fei

She is smart, disciplined, and her kids aren't all over the press. She shuns the jet set, she is a good wife, and we don't hear about her in the DailyMail. An excellent choice.

Trudie

I like Sophie for the dignified way she has handled herself throughout her association with the Windsors. From courtship to marriage and motherhood Sophie has never put herself out there as HEY I AM ABOUT TO BE HRH OR AS HRH. Sophie had the smallest and most intimate wedding of the Queens children, She worked until the unfortunate Sheik thing but has has gotten past that one unfortunate incident to become a great mother and asset to her husband and HM. Unlike Fergie she is raising her family not out partying as Fergie did with her paramours, Works for her charities and the monarchy in a quiet selfless way. Usually it is Edward and Sophie who represent the royal family at other royal Weddings and she always dresses and handles herself beautifully.

serene grace

Quote from: Kuei Fei on October 19, 2010, 05:01:36 PM
She is smart, disciplined, and her kids aren't all over the press. She shuns the jet set, she is a good wife, and we don't hear about her in the DailyMail. An excellent choice.

I agree, Sophie was a wonderful choice for Prince Edward. She always steered clear of the real jetset.  I do recall  reading about her being approached by some entertainers  during the courtship to do things and Sophie used it for charity work with them instead. I remember seeing her in Majesty when she was still just dating Pr.Edward, at a few events involving children's charities. She had a couple charities prior to meeting Edward also.  

Quote from: Trudie on October 22, 2010, 04:07:36 PM
I like Sophie for the dignified way she has handled herself throughout her association with the Windsors. From courtship to marriage and motherhood Sophie has never put herself out there as HEY I AM ABOUT TO BE HRH OR AS HRH. Sophie had the smallest and most intimate wedding of the Queens children, She worked until the unfortunate Sheik thing but has has gotten past that one unfortunate incident to become a great mother and asset to her husband and HM. Unlike Fergie she is raising her family not out partying as Fergie did with her paramours, Works for her charities and the monarchy in a quiet selfless way. Usually it is Edward and Sophie who represent the royal family at other royal Weddings and she always dresses and handles herself beautifully.

So well put, your post encompasses all of what I have felt about Sophie over the years.
I also love that her family was never involved in the public wooing and dating process, Never hardly a peep from her family ,while Edward was dating Sophie over those 5nhalf years.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Lindelle

Does anyone know her popularity within the rf's polls, say throughout Britain?

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on October 23, 2010, 07:46:52 AM
Does anyone know her popularity within the rf's polls, say throughout Britain?

I don't know, but I don't think she's overly popular.  none of them are these days... and I think that she and Edward both goofed badly over the years with his film compnay following William about and her remarks to the fake Sheik. 

Lindelle

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on October 23, 2010, 08:11:54 AM
Yes, that was a mistake.

Honerst I do wonder if the RF is going ot last.  They really have sunk below the B  list celebs... Given that Charles' reign will probably be short, and William does not seem keen on taking over, will it last into his generation?

Lindelle

I think so.
But probably by a strand.

Windsor

Quote from: amabel on October 23, 2010, 08:19:29 AM
Honerst I do wonder if the RF is going ot last.  They really have sunk below the B  list celebs... Given that Charles' reign will probably be short, and William does not seem keen on taking over, will it last into his generation?

Why of course!

Kuei Fei

I think Sophie is what all royal wives should be. The non-partying type (at least in public), a fulfilled career woman with no regrets professionally, and a dedicated mother who puts her children first after her public duties. And she's managed to get Edward on track and keep him there. She enjoys luxury likely, but she enjoys the best of it in private and avoids entertainers who would exploit her gladly for her status. She has made her own way in the world and honorably. No major scandals and a thoroughly respectable family.

serene grace

I agree Kuei Fei and her family has stayed out of the public and the relationship, they did not go seeking fame themselves.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Lindelle

royalwatcher05

Sophie and Edwards wedding was the first royal wedding I ever watched. I geninuely think she has done good things for edward and has  been a good countess.  She looks good for her age and that she has had two kids.  Its wonderful that her marriage has been so stable I never hear rumurs and she does her engagments with class and style. She is practical and down to earth. I respect her for not letting the whole princess thing get to her. She isnt overly concerned with being very skinny or being a fashion icon. I do wish she did more engagements or charity work that i knew about. Has she done any solo foreign tours?  When i think of a good princess match for William i tend to think of a sophie like character ( clearly with more reponsibility , but you all understand).

Kuei Fei

William's wife should be like Sohpie. Someone who has a life behind her and isn't going to regret not trying this or that out; someone who cares more about her health than being fashionable. Sleek, but in a healthy way.

Windsor

I don't see how Kate Middleton has anything to do with the topic being discussed here... :P

Trudie

It doesn't Windsor unless you are between the ages of 18 and 30 and jealous of Kate for bagging William :slap: :lmao4:

Windsor

serene grace

Quote from: Kuei Fei on October 25, 2010, 04:18:18 PM
William's wife should be like Sohpie. Someone who has a life behind her and isn't going to regret not trying this or that out; someone who cares more about her health than being fashionable. Sleek, but in a healthy way.

I agree.

Lothwen

Quote from: Lindelle on October 24, 2010, 09:19:39 PM
She has a lot of class and style.

Out of the three brides pictured, Sophie was the most elegant.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2000/20000211/m927.gif

http://thestar.blogs.com/nakedlunch/2006/11/the_countess_of.html

To be fair, Diana was married in 1981, and her dress was probably very remeniscient of the times.  My older sister got married in 1991, and her dress was very much the same style-overly done sleeves, lots of detail, lots of busy work.  Sarah's dress looks the same, but she and Andrew married soon after Charles and Di, so maybe she thought that she had to follow Diana's footsteps?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am