Prince Harry in Afghanistan, now home!!! ~ all articles here!!!

Started by Rhiannon*, February 28, 2008, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truly_thata

We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Princess H

Quote from: bpwriter47 on March 05, 2008, 01:48:00 AM
Me either and I'm American.  Just know NH that most americans love the british royal family and do not think of anyone that goes to war no matter who they are as expendable.  That was just a stupid statement. 

Love the six pack story.  And I knew they had to have some shirtless pics!! yea.

So true about Americans loving the British Royal Family.

teachkid

Someone with PDD-NOS makes me proud every day!

New research shows that 1 out of 70 boys born today will have autism!!!!

Inge Jones

Quote from: Wombat on March 05, 2008, 01:37:13 AM
She'd better not stick the medal into those abs :windsor:

Are you concerned that they might be inflatables?

Wombat

popeye

Quote from: fawbert on March 05, 2008, 01:31:12 AM

And the Royal Household raised millions for the rebuilding of the castle by throwing open the doors of Buckingham Palace to raise the vital cash.

How magnanimous of them! seeing that they were the main benefactors ie having their favorite home restored, that was just another way of milking the public to pay for their luxurious lifestyle.

dizzylizzy13

RoyalBusyBody

Quote from: teachkid on March 05, 2008, 05:16:32 AM
This american loves the royal family.   :crazylove:

Yeah, we love them all right--with an ocean between us.   :rolleyes:

Don't ever confuse American curiosity about the royals with a desire for a monarchy. 

Varya

We all know what happened the last time a Monarchy tried to have control over the white americans (I say white because the Native Americans and the African Americans did not have a say, although it was okay for them to fight for the white colonialist's freedom...).
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

Wombat

Quote from: RoyalBusyBody on February 29, 2008, 03:49:50 PM
I'm sorry, I disagree.  It's easy to mouth the above platitudes.  I'm basing my opinions on Will's behavior. 

Remember the interviews leading up to the concert?  During the first one, Harry jabbered away, sounding urbane and witty.  William, on the other hand, looked and sounded a bumbling fool.  His performance was so bad, it was even noted on the sycophantic British Royals Message Board, where an HRH can do no wrong.  If I didn't know better, I'd think Harry was the one with the university degree.  During the second interview, Harry hardly said a word, while William needled him endlessly.  Harry had obviously been told to pipe down and not overshadow his brother.  William is always taking swipes at Harry, and yet, how many put downs do you hear from Harry?  There was a moment during one of the interviews at Wembley when William was knocking Harry, and you could see from the expression on Harry's face (full of exasperation and frustration) that he'd just had it.  I'd link it, but the clip is gone from Youtube.  It was telling. 

I think William is seriously jealous of his little brother.  He's a better athlete, better looking, has a full head of hair (and yes, that bothers Will to no end) much more clever, quicker on his feet, and has a way hotter girlfriend (who isn't just sitting on her bum, but actually doing something with her life).  Everytime William is interviewed, I see more and more of Charles and his self-centered nastiness in William. 

Yes, I fully expect some kind of PR stunt put on by CH involving Willie in the next few weeks. 
Wow...It's like you reached into my head and pulled the words out... :notworthy: :notworthy:

I guess I kinda started thinking this way since seeing the way Wills acted at his father's wedding...dunno...it just struck me as so not the PW we're fed by CH.

But I have to say that I don't necessarily think it's always meant in a mean spirited way, but more so it speaks volumes about Wills and what he thinks about himself. I really believe Wills is so unsure of himself and is constantly trying way too hard in these interviews that he comes off as a bit of a "eh!?"...

For anyone who may doubt this just look at the transcripts of the interview given with Matt Lauer. Harry was making full and indepth convo while Wills just seemed to "umm" and come out with strange things... :loco:

popeye

Has anyone noticed how similar in appearance Harry is to Major James Hewitt?

Please do not quote the post directly above yours

colinwatkins

Quote from: Varya on March 05, 2008, 07:37:52 PM
We all know what happened the last time a Monarchy tried to have control over the white americans (I say white because the Native Americans and the African Americans did not have a say, although it was okay for them to fight for the white colonialist's freedom...).

Wrong! The British *government* tried to control white *British* subjects, insurgents no less!

Inge Jones

Quote from: popeye on March 06, 2008, 08:07:38 AM
Has anyone noticed how similar in appearance Harry is to Major James Hewitt?

You need to get photographs of Harry, Charles, Diana and Hewitt and put them all on your screen together.  Then take one facial feature at a time and see where Harry got it from.

1) Narrow forehead.   Diana and Hewitt both have broad foreheads, so he didn't get it from either of them.  Charles has a narrow forehead.

2) Small grey eyes.  Diana has large blue eyes.  Hewit has hazel eyes.   Charles has small grey eyes.

Continue one feature at a time, and the only thing he could have got from Hewitt is his hair colour.  But then that hair colour exists in Diana'a family so he didn't need to have inherited that from Hewitt.

So basically it's a case of seeing what he could not have got from either the Spencers or the Hewitts, and you will see how he got them from the Windsors.   Also I particularly noticed how very like Zara Phillips his mouth and jaw looked when he grinned in his army photos.  Again, Zara Phillips is related to Charles, not to James Hewitt or Diana.

It's a valid question to be asking about someone so closely in line to the throne, but a very objective examination of their photos with a smattering of genetics logic will disprove the suspicion.

Countessa

Quote from: popeye on March 04, 2008, 07:47:35 AM
I remember when Harry's uncle Andrew was a helicopter pilot back in the Falklands war in 1982:  when the Argies were bombarding our ships with excocet missiles, the "hero" prince Andrew was sent up in a helicopter to "draw" the excocets away from the ships with their heat seeking devices locked on to his helicopter instead of the ship.
The difference with Prince Andrew is that there was no glorious footage of him shooting at the enemy, there were no interviews, and to this day it is not fully known all that he contributed to the Falklands war. He never talks about it nor brags about having been in a war. He has always seemed humbled by his experience, at whatever level it may have been, and doesn't preach about the "fun" of war.

popeye

Quote from: Countessa on March 06, 2008, 02:40:48 PM
The difference with Prince Andrew is that there was no glorious footage of him shooting at the enemy, there were no interviews, and to this day it is not fully known all that he contributed to the Falklands war. He never talks about it nor brags about having been in a war. He has always seemed humbled by his experience, at whatever level it may have been, and doesn't preach about the "fun" of war.

That does not explain why it was claimed that he was a Hero because he was allegedly acting as a decoy to draw  the excocet missiles away from the ships!

Countessa

Well, popeye, the MoD loves its propaganda just as all other military institutions love theirs.

Trudie

Quote from: colinwatkins on March 06, 2008, 08:14:27 AM
Wrong! The British *government* tried to control white *British* subjects, insurgents no less!

Yeah and we totally kicked your :censored: :neenerneener: If Americans i.e the Colonies had representation at the time when all those ridiculous taxes were levied we might still have the crown today. :hmm:

MEW

drezzle

Quote from: Wombat on March 06, 2008, 05:18:24 AM

I guess I kinda started thinking this way since seeing the way Wills acted at his father's wedding...dunno...it just struck me as so not the PW we're fed by CH.

I watched Wills at his father's wedding and didn't notice anything off.   Would you mind being more specific?  All I remember is his seeming rather stand offish.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Stix Chix

Harryite #0004

Wombat

Quote from: drezzle on March 06, 2008, 03:56:54 PM
I watched Wills at his father's wedding and didn't notice anything off.   Would you mind being more specific?  All I remember is his seeming rather stand offish.
I meant Wills' behaviour post reception.

Sorry Stix..

BOT: Prince Harry's been there and got the T-shirt--Telegraph is a great headline...It would work for the Harryites I think 8)

Stix Chix

Harryite #0004

popeye

Quote from: Countessa on March 06, 2008, 03:16:06 PM
Well, popeye, the MoD loves its propaganda just as all other military institutions love theirs.

Shouldn't that have read: "the MOD loves its" lies?

usa1981

The difference with Prince Andrew is that there was no glorious footage of him shooting at the enemy, there were no interviews, and to this day it is not fully known all that he contributed to the Falklands war. He never talks about it nor brags about having been in a war. He has always seemed humbled by his experience, at whatever level it may have been,
and doesn't preach about the "fun" of war.

The reason that Harry feels the he  dose  is because of the MEDIA The coverage/none coverage of his uncles service is proof that the MEDIA know to  much and  is  willing  to undermined  the efforts of the service men amd women.

Harryite #0041

Willite #0039

leogirl

You do realise why that happened, right? This was a deal made in exchange for the news embargo. They wouldn't post the news when they found out, if he would give them photos and an interview while he was there. And in what way is Harry bragging or saying how "fun" war is? He was happy to go and wanted to stay there longer. Why do you think he was so upset when he came back? He was clearly not happy in those airport pics. Yes, he smiles and jokes around, even in hard times like war, but that's who he is. He isn't a crying, miserable, "poor me" kind of guy.

I really wish Harry wouldn't let them have their photos or interview until the END of his time there (i.e. the last day he was scheduled to be there). But they wanted an interview in the middle, photos, and decided to leak it to make them money. Greedy tabs. :thumbsdown: