Re: William and Catherine-Sports Patronages: AELTC, Football, Rugby etc..Part 2

Started by TLLK, May 28, 2022, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Prince William Supports Wales at Rugby World Cup After Kate Attended Game

William also met with the Fijian team after their loss to Wales.

Prince of Wales visits Flying Fijians

QuoteThe Prince of Wales, William paid a short visit to the Fiji Water Flying Fijians after their 32-26 loss to Wales in their first Rugby World Cup match this morning.

His Royal Highness visited the team in their changing room and also met with the President of Fiji, Ratu Wiliame Katonivere.

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The Princess of Wales, Patron of the Rugby Football League, will visit Hull next Thursday to take part in a Rugby League Inclusivity Day hosted by @TheRFL, @hullfcofficial and  @UniOfHull

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Prince William this evening accompanied by footballer Tyrone Mings, was at Villa Park Stadium watching Aston Villa vs Zrinjski in the UEFA Europa Conference League.

Aston Villa won the match.

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales will travel to France this weekend to attend @rugbyworldcup Quarter Finals.

Prince William is supporting @WelshRugbyUnion match against Argentina on Saturday.

Princess Catherine is supporting @EnglandRugby match against Fiji on Sunday.

wannable

TLLK

TLLK

wannable

wannable

wannable

Nightowl

:laugh10:
You really made me laugh silly with your info on the game........LOL

TLLK

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

With anticipation building for tomorrow's #RugbyWorldCup England v South Africa semi-final clash, I should point out that @EnglandRugby patron, The Princess of Wales, isn't expected at the match (it's half-term so I suspect she's away with the children) 🏉 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 20, 2023, 03:58:07 PM
Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

With anticipation building for tomorrow's #RugbyWorldCup England v South Africa semi-final clash, I should point out that @EnglandRugby patron, The Princess of Wales, isn't expected at the match (it's half-term so I suspect she's away with the children) 🏉 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I read elsewhere that the entire Wales family are enjoying a vacation in France, and have been for several days.

wannable

^ Yes, I think they really liked very much the Chateau Leoube, South of France where James Middleton and Alizee married. The property has a private beach - only entry is to be a guest at the property. The British owners are not only aristocratic but very discreet, Bamford Family - very good friend and collab to HMKCIII.

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Wishing you the very best of luck for your semi-final match later today @EnglandRugby. Good luck! 🌹 C

^ The match startys in about 3 hours.

Curryong

The Bamfords are less aristocrats and more big business people and contributors to the Tories. Anthony Bamford?s  father Joseph, who actually built up the family business, ran foul of the European Commission in about 2000, was fined around 22 million for breaching anti-trust laws.

Curryong

Quote from: Curryong on October 21, 2023, 09:25:56 PM
The Bamfords are less aristocrats and more big business people and contributors to the Tories. Anthony Bamford?s  father Joseph, who actually built up the family business, ran foul of the European Commission in about 2000, was fined around 22 million for breaching anti-trust laws.

Later. And rumour has it that the Wales?s are in the French alps, among the ski slopes.

wannable

October is not a good month. One mountain open only and the first skiable at 3000 meters for professionals.

January is the best time.

England lost by 1 point. Catherine sent a heartfelt message.

TLLK

The Prince of Wales pays tribute following death of Sir Bobby Charlton ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Prince of Wales has led tributes to football legend, Sir Bobby Charlton, who has died at the age of 86.

In a statement, Prince William described Sir Bobby as a true great and a gentleman, adding he would be ??remembered forever??.

And William?s emotional message ended simply ??thank you, Sir Bobby??. It was signed ?W?.

Sir Bobby Charlton died on the morning of October 21st 2023 with his family at his side.

The Prince of Wales joined a wave of tributes to the football star who was one of England?s World Cup winners in 1966.

Sir Bobby was one of the most successful football players of all time. He wont 106 caps for England and scored 49 goals for his country.

wannable

Today, Prince William at the funeral of Sir Bobby Charlton

Sir Robert Charlton CBE was an English professional footballer who played as a midfielder or centre-forward. Widely considered one of the greatest players of all time, he was a member of the England team that won the 1966 FIFA World Cup, the year he also won the Ballon d'Or.

Charlton died at Macclesfield District General Hospital in Macclesfield, Cheshire, on 21 October 2023, at the age of 86, from complications of a fall he sustained at the nursing home where he resided; at the subsequent inquest, the coroner recorded his cause of death as "trauma in the lungs, a fall and dementia." His death leaves Sir Geoff Hurst as the last surviving English player of the 1966 World Cup final.

Manchester United paid tribute to Charlton at their Champions League match against Copenhagen at Old Trafford three days later in a number of ways. First, United's players wore black armbands, and manager Erik ten Hag was flanked by Alex Stepney and U-21 captain Dan Gore before ten Hag laid a wreath and a minute's silence was observed before the match began. Another wreath was also laid in Charlton's seat in the director's box. In addition, the cover of United's match programme, the United Review, featured Charlton on the front, and supporters laid flowers and scarves at the United Trinity.

wannable

Roya Nikkhah
@RoyaNikkhah

The Prince of Wales, president of the @FA has arrived at @ManCathedral to pay his respects to the late Sir Bobby Charlton at his funeral
🎥
@SkySportsNews

https://twitter.com/i/status/1724062334841233502