The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events Part 3

Started by TLLK, December 07, 2022, 01:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Amabel2 on January 20, 2023, 03:30:36 PM
So if Harry did not mean a royal made unkind racist remarks, who did? of course he meant 2 years ago to insinuate that it was his father or brother or someone in the RF who wondered about the coming baby's skin colour.  why did William get reporters questioning him about whether the family were racists and his angrily retorting that they were not?  Why did Harry exclude the queen and PHilip, if it wasn't the royal side of his family who were being slyly accused of racism? Why did Meg bring up the HRH thing, with the implication that Charles meant to refuse Archie an HRH because he was of mixed race?

:shrug: At this point in time, who knows. It seems to me that the couple are backtracking earlier implied messages.   According to Prince Harry's recent interview  with Tom Bradby  he points out that Meghan never specifically used the word "racist" or "racism." However it was heavily implied in the Oprah interview even without using the specific word.

Amabel2

of course it was.  Harry had 2 years to come out and say that he didn't mean the RF were racist, he did not do so.  He allowed his very elderly frail grandma, who is NOT a racist, to see all this stuff in the press, when she was trying to spend her last few weeks with her dying husband.  He left the lies to fester, when most people made tehmselves beleive that it was WIlliam or Charles or Camilla who had made the unind remarks.

HistoryGirl2

I agree. I think they?re trying to walk it back. What is the reason for this? I don?t know. Maybe just another attempt to act like the media is twisting their words when their words were quite clear. I remember thinking at the time, ?Doesn?t everyone talk about what a baby will look like before it?s born?? Kind of like Harry is now admitting to doing himself. The comment was framed as a ?gotcha? in the Oprah interview and I didn?t need the Sun to tell me that.

But I do find his contradictions interesting. He accepted an award partially for calling out racism in the royal family. You?d think if that earlier accusation had never actually occurred he would have taken the time to correct the narrative at the time.

wannable

The other significant damage (media news of the Oprah Interview had front page news RACISM AND SUICIDAL, Bad Family Bad Firm) is she was Suicidal, Harry didn't know how to help her, they made sure to leave a 'paper trail' with Buckingham Palace Human Resources, the 'rest' of the senior royals or royal family didn't know.  Another stick to speak the 1000 year old firm is bad'.

Harry and Meghan had no problem whatsoever in consulting a ''Ayurvedic Doctor'' in the UK, but had problems consulting a Therapist, her Mom, Harry himself, her pregnancy doctor team? Harry has said in interviews and in Spare his therapist (s) are on speed dial, including the alleged fight in the UK, London, Kensington Palace, Nott Cot with William, he called his therapist in London!

Read here, transcript Spare

"As I understood it, Ayurvedic medicine sorted people into categories," Harry explains. "I don't recall which category this doctor sorted Meg into, but she did confirm our suspicion that Meg?s weight loss might be a barrier to conceiving.

"Gain five pounds, the doctor promised, and you'll get pregnant,"

^How easily the couple state one dramatic issue with sob victim rejected no solution problem, and the next line they jump to a super religious specialized heeling homeopathic doctor.

wannable

A major pressing issue of Suicidal feeling (Life/Death) vs Pregnancy.

Meghan Markle, The Duchess of Sussex, said the constant attacks from the British media while pregnant left her feeling suicidal and the royal family told her that seeking mental health help would be bad for the monarchy.

''I just didn't see a solution,'' she said. ''I would sit up at night, and I was just, like, I don't understand how all of [these attacks in the press] are churned out.

Meghan said that when she asked a senior royal about seeking care, she was told that she could not do that, as it would be bad "for the institution."

BUT IT'S OKAY FOR HARRY...A CO FOUNDER OF HEADS TOGETHER WITH WILLIAM AND KATE!!! Sure Jane. And Harry speed dialed his therapist when he was at Nottingham Cottage, yes Nottingham Cottage.  Meghan felt ''suicidal', when she was at Frogmore Cottage 8 months moved into FC.  So Harry COULD HAVE called his therapist for help but nope. <_<

I'm sorry but I don't believe this couple with their 'inconsistent' lies, recollections.  Then the PR machine about my mom Doria is a 'social worker', what about her? She couldn't help either.  What's the end game? the plan to speak like this at Oprah's show? All the media worldwide reported the above quote, then more with the journalist or psychologist opinion speaking BAD about the Monarchy.  The shade IS still there.

Curryong

When you said the bit about Harry speed dialing his therapist in a post a week or so ago, I replied by stating that as he had hurt his back on the dog bowl as he was pushed to the floor (nice bit of bullying there for someone who, with his wife, is head of anti bullying charities) I suggested that he was calling his physioTHERAPIST and I still think so.

I?ve followed Harry since he was 19 and since he was about 24 he, like his father, had an injured back. There were articles about his injured back in the UK Press for many years, I linked one of them in my post.

That?s far more likely that what Americans often call ?therapists? but the British and others, including Aussies, call psychiatrists and psychologists. I?ve never actually heard any British person that I?m acquainted with say ?I?m going to call my therapist?. That?s associated with the US. It?s an Americanism.

wannable

Curryong

From Wiki

Doria Ragland completed a Bachelor of Arts in psychology.[4] In 2011, she earned a Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California.[12] After passing California's licensing exam in 2015, she was a social worker for three years at the Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services clinic in Culver City.[13][14][15][16][17] Ragland has also worked as a yoga Instructor.

Those qualifications are easily checked, unlike Samantha M?s who has always refused to say at which University she studied to get her string of ?degrees?. If she didn?t have any or all then Morton or Bower would have pointed them out.

So, it?s no PR that Doria is a Social Worker.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on January 20, 2023, 09:36:44 PM
He bullied a few women in his book, so not surprised.

Well, William is certainly no slouch in the bullying and throwing his weight around department. Ever read Robert Jobson?s bio of Charles, lol?

wannable

Meghan did not call her.

She decided that sending an email to HR was the appropriate move.

To: BP HR
Subject; Suicidal feelings

This is Sussex interview thread not William. Also Harry autobiography in his own words he bullied several women.

wannable

I am sorry but the detailed description of hate he has of each one of these ladies he is very likely misogynistic person too. There are 'other' aspects when he details each woman.

The Severe Scoliosis Teacher
He fully describes how she looks, how she walks....
Other aspect: The teacher doesn't sexually arouse him, he talks about his organ.  That is to a therapist a transgression, when a patient has the need to publicly tell a detail of their sex feelings, too deep. I don't think it's appropriate here. I can't go on writing what I've learned. RIF rules, Harry breaks them everywhere, the media can't even keep a straight face writing about it. Pschology blogs were hard stuff is written and their are chat icons to speak to therapists. Yup there.

Charlotte
A Minor age. Period. You crossed not only the line, you signed with the Devil. The Devil plays with children. Even for scientology, serious offense.

A Journalist
Name calling her, with swear words too. Against RIF rules. I do know who the female journalist is, not tabloid!!!! And if she were tabloid same. Stop it.

An Elder person member of your family, in society a grandmother
Total disrespect, pa don't marry her, be with her if you will, he only missed but implied to keep her as a mistress.

Kate
He's a disgrace, she's not the sister you never had. Go away. Adios.  You envious little cat. To be decent. But he went really low.

Curryong

Cherry picking again I see! Couldn?t disagree more. He did not attack Charlotte as a person but the system into which she had been born.

The person with the severe scoliosis was not a teacher anywhere. She was an assistant matron at Ludgrove, Harry?s prep school that he attended between the ages of eight and twelve.

And as for Camilla I agree with him. Anyone who connives with newspaper editors behind a very young woman?s back because she happened to be the bride of your boyfriend while you yourself were married, deserves to have been outed by that young woman?s son. And it?s clear throughout the book that Harry and William felt the same about her.

Harry had girlfriends who said nothing about him being misogynistic at all. He was with Chelsy Davy for seven years. She never spoke of him as being a misogynist. He had close friendships throughout his life with several women, including females who were there during the Walking with the Wounded treks, corresponded with him afterwards, and spoke highly of his empathy. It?s clear Bryony, the journalist who interviewed him last at Montecito is fond of him.

wannable

It is non of his business, with any of the women mentioned and the child, whatever example use Lilibet.

changemhysoul

#PrinceHarry?s #Spare has broken both of Barack Obama?s records for the fastest-selling non-fiction book! With over 1M copies sold on the 1st day & 1.8M sold the 1st week, #SparePrinceHarry now holds both records for units sold across all formats in the US & Canada!

#PrinceHarry overcame Barack Obama?s higher print sales with a strong performance in ebooks & audiobooks.

1st Week Print Sales (Bookscan):
A Promised Land 831K
#Spare 629K

1st Week All Format Sales (PRH):
A Promised Land 1.710M
#SparePrinceHarry 1.815M
  - US 1.6M
  - CAN 215K

Sources:

The Bookseller - News - First-day sales of Prince Harry's Spare in US and Canada top one million, says PRH

Spare by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, Sells More Than 3.2 Million Copies Worldwide in its First Week | Penguin Random House Canada

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 20, 2023, 10:56:40 PM
#PrinceHarry?s #Spare has broken both of Barack Obama?s records for the fastest-selling non-fiction book! With over 1M copies sold on the 1st day & 1.8M sold the 1st week, #SparePrinceHarry now holds both records for units sold across all formats in the US & Canada!

#PrinceHarry overcame Barack Obama?s higher print sales with a strong performance in ebooks & audiobooks.

1st Week Print Sales (Bookscan):
A Promised Land 831K
#Spare 629K

1st Week All Format Sales (PRH):
A Promised Land 1.710M
#SparePrinceHarry 1.815M
  - US 1.6M
  - CAN 215K

Sources:

The Bookseller - News - First-day sales of Prince Harry's Spare in US and Canada top one million, says PRH

Spare by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, Sells More Than 3.2 Million Copies Worldwide in its First Week | Penguin Random House Canada

That is so good to read. Not that it?s a contest but I?m very glad that Harry?s book is doing so well. And as I?ve said before, I think a lot of people chose e-books and audio for their convenience, rather than hardcover. I do that myself.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 10:30:29 PM
Cherry picking again I see! Couldn?t disagree more. He did not attack Charlotte as a person but the system into which she had been born.

The person with the severe scoliosis was not a teacher anywhere. She was an assistant matron at Ludgrove, Harry?s prep school that he attended between the ages of eight and twelve.

And as for Camilla I agree with him. Anyone who connives with newspaper editors behind a very young woman?s back because she happened to be the bride of your boyfriend while you yourself were married, deserves to have been outed by that young woman?s son. And it?s clear throughout the book that Harry and William felt the same about her.

Harry had girlfriends who said nothing about him being misogynistic at all. He was with Chelsy Davy for seven years. She never spoke of him as being a misogynist. He had close friendships throughout his life with several women, including females who were there during the Walking with the Wounded treks, corresponded with him afterwards, and spoke highly of his empathy. It?s clear Bryony, the journalist who interviewed him last at Montecito is fond of him.

But does it really matter if the woman with scoliosis was a teacher or an assistant matron?  The point is Harry mocking her.  Yes, he was young at the time.  It was still a very cruel thing to do.  But then for him to tell about it all in his book, with enough details for the woman to be identified, with no apologies or expressions of remorse.  Does he think this woman or her family appreciate him telling the world?  As someone who has done great things with the Invictus Games, I would have expected better from Harry.             

Curryong

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 20, 2023, 11:07:26 PM
But does it really matter if the woman with scoliosis was a teacher or an assistant matron?  The point is Harry mocking her.  Yes, he was young at the time.  It was still a very cruel thing to do.  But then for him to tell about it all in his book, with enough details for the woman to be identified, with no apologies or expressions of remorse.  Does he think this woman or her family appreciate him telling the world?  As someone who has done great things with the Invictus Games, I would have expected better from Harry.           

And the several occasions when William is quoted as mocking his younger brother and physically attacking him, knocking him down, pulling his shirt etc, is acceptable is it? Because, much as Charles has his faults, I don?t believe that at any time throughout his years as POW I?ve never heard that he ever did anything remotely like that. Seems that it?s OK for William though. I think most people would expect better from the heir to the throne.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Amabel2 on January 20, 2023, 03:30:36 PM
So if Harry did not mean a royal made unkind racist remarks, who did? of course he meant 2 years ago to insinuate that it was his father or brother or someone in the RF who wondered about the coming baby's skin colour.  why did William get reporters questioning him about whether the family were racists and his angrily retorting that they were not?  Why did Harry exclude the queen and PHilip, if it wasn't the royal side of his family who were being slyly accused of racism? Why did Meg bring up the HRH thing, with the implication that Charles meant to refuse Archie an HRH because he was of mixed race?

Oh yes, absolutely Harry and Meghan meant to imply that the family was racist.  That wasn't subtle at all.  And even if the press had misunderstood, Harry and Meghan sat quietly for two years without correcting anything.  Harry can try to backtrack all he wants now, but everyone knows what they said and what they meant to insinuate by it.       

Curryong

Harry has spoken about ?unconscious bias? in himself and other white people many many times over the years since his marriage to Meghan. It?s a favoured expression of his along with ?institutional bias?. He?s never called anybody racist.

Neither Harry nor Meghan stated nor implied that the Royal Family was racist. It was the British Press who seized on that and printed it, nobody else.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 11:16:37 PM
And the several occasions when William is quoted as mocking his younger brother and physically attacking him, knocking him down, pulling his shirt etc, is acceptable is it? Because, much as Charles has his faults, I don?t believe that at any time throughout his years as POW I?ve never heard that he ever did anything remotely like that. Seems that it?s OK for William though.

Two wrongs don't make a right.  Whatever William's actions might be, they don't excuse Harry's mocking a disabled woman or telling the world about it in his book, as an adult.  Considering that Harry advocates for compassion and for disabled people, I'm really surprised at the way this was portrayed in "Spare".

Secondly, IF it is proven that William behaved exactly as Harry has said and that Harry was a completely innocent party in all of it, I would be disappointed in William, but I would speak against his behavior.  But Harry is not a reliable narrator, imo.  I have a sibling of my own.  I raised two children.  I have lots of cousins and friends who also have siblings and have two or more children.  So I (like most people) have had lots of exposure to sibling rivalries, arguments, and even fights.  I would be shocked if Harry were a completely innocent party and never started or participated in anything.

Not to mention that Harry says his memory curates and gathers as it sees fit, and no, that does not make his memory as good as objective facts.  So maybe these things happened.  But I would need a lot more corroborating evidence than just 'Harry says so'.       

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 11:22:57 PM
Harry has spoken about ?unconscious bias? in himself and other white people many many times over the years since his marriage to Meghan. It?s a favoured expression of his along with ?institutional bias?. He?s never called anybody racist.

Neither Harry nor Meghan stated nor implied that the Royal Family was racist. It was the British Press who seized on that and printed it, nobody else.

We will have to agree to disagree on that.  I, and many other people, thought Harry and Meghan were implying that the Royal Family was racist--based on their own words (or silence, on Harry's part) in the Oprah interview.

Curryong

So in other words you choose to believe that Harry can bully and mock but not William, as you choose to not believe Harry when he states quite specifically that William did such things. Well, that is your prerogative but it?s hardly unbiased is it? 

And as for examples of William?s temper getting out of control with family members, I suggest you read Robert Jobson?s biography of Prince Charles, and how William berated his father toe to toe before witnesses, before believing that William would be incapable of such behaviour. I?ve recommended that book before to members here. It?s an eye opener, and Jobson?s no friend of the Sussexes and like all RRs, friendly towards William and Kate .

TLLK

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 20, 2023, 11:48:31 PM
We will have to agree to disagree on that.  I, and many other people, thought Harry and Meghan were implying that the Royal Family was racist--based on their own words (or silence, on Harry's part) in the Oprah interview.

Having viewed the portion of the Oprah interview in which the topic of Archie's skin tone had been raised, I do believe  that Meghan did intend to imply the British Royal Family were judging her son on his race.  Also Meghan suggested that due to the color of his skin, he might not receive security or be styled and titled as HRH Prince Archie.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: TLLK on January 21, 2023, 12:03:11 AM

Having viewed the portion of the Oprah interview in which the topic of Archie's skin tone had been raised, I do believe  that Meghan did intend to imply the British Royal Family were judging her son on his race.  Also Meghan suggested that due to the color of his skin, he might not receive security or be styled and titled as HRH Prince Archie.

Yes, I definitely believe they meant to imply that, counting on the fact that most people wouldn't know about the 1917 Letters Patent or that security isn't tied to titles, or that the RF don't choose who has security and who doesn't.  It strikes me as very deceitful and manipulative.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 11:58:38 PM
So in other words you choose to believe that Harry can bully and mock but not William, as you choose to not believe Harry when he states quite specifically that William did such things. Well, that is your prerogative but it?s hardly unbiased is it? 

And as for examples of William?s temper getting out of control with family members, I suggest you read Robert Jobson?s biography of Prince Charles, and how William berated his father toe to toe before witnesses, before believing that William would be incapable of such behaviour. I?ve recommended that book before to members here. It?s an eye opener, and Jobson?s no friend of the Sussexes and like all RRs, friendly towards William and Kate .

Who knows, maybe none of the book is true?  Maybe it's all just a figment of Harry's imagination.  As for bias, have you noticed how many of  Harry and Meghan's stories have a persecution and/or grandiosity theme?  'Everyone is so mean and unfair to them, because everyone is jealous, because Harry and Meghan are so amazing!'  That theme is there, over and over and over again.  So yea, those types of stories, I'm going to give a big side-eye.