Danish Monarchy Current Events

Started by TLLK, January 02, 2017, 02:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Yes, a surprising number of royals paint, including members of the BRF. I do think that Queen Margrethe was quite unique though, considering that Henrik was also heavily involved in the Arts, a bit like Victoria and Albert really, both of whom drew and painted and loved music.

So I?m supportive of the golden glue gun going to Queen Daisy!

I am also very much surprised that the Mod budget is in debit in the run up to Xmas. All this splurging on snacks and drinkie winks will have to be watched in the New Year, after the NY toasts or you?ll find the cupboard will be bare when we are all celebrating the Platinum Jubilee. I am therefore sending the team a digital gift of a selection of Aussie wines and ciders to enjoy. As our Chinese market for these has now gone you all might as well reap the benefit.

TLLK

:hehe:...Hmmmm what can we sell on Ebay to replenish the mod snack and beverage budget????    :yesss:

Perhaps HM QMI has some leftover craft items we can put up for auction???

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 05, 2021, 12:33:34 AM
:hehe:...Hmmmm what can we sell on Ebay to replenish the mod snack and beverage budget????    :yesss:

Perhaps HM QMI has some leftover craft items we can put up for auction???

A good idea. Perhaps you could email her and ask.  I?m sure she has a tapestry or two designed by herself that she can spare.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on December 04, 2021, 03:11:44 PM
If there had to be a "Queen of Crafters" among the royals I might be tempted to give the crown to QMI though her former peer Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands, the late DoE and the PoW all are known for their artistic endeavors too in sculpting and painting respectively.  Still Margrethe seems to have the most varied interests and is the one who is frequently involved behind the scenes working on costuming and sets for Danish productions and creating the Amalienborg Nisser too.

So I hereby bequeath the golden glue gun to HM Queen Margrethe I of Denmark on behalf of RIF's administrator, moderators and members.  :windsor1: :Jen:(That's all we could afford seeing that the mod team is  over budget again on snacks and beverages for the mod lounge.) :partaay:

Royal Family supports Queen Margrethe?s artistic flair at The Snow Queen Premiere ? Royal Central

I also think that Queen Margrethe is a fabulous lady, she is an incredible artist in needlework also, some of her pieces that she has done are in churches that she attends. On another site of royals it has shown many of her works of needlework and she loves the use of color, in all her homes she has decorated them with brilliant colors, patterns and fabrics.   I would love to just spend an hour watching her doing her needlework and how she uses color.  I love doing needlework also yet in no way am I as talented as she is. Also she is very interested in archeology and digs and museums, the woman is one of the most interesting royal ladies ever.   Being a Queen, a wife, a mother and an artist and all that goes with it, where does she get the time to breathe....

TLLK

Sadly due to the current COVID situation the Danish court has decided to cancel the traditional New Year's Court on January 1, 2022. This is one of the nation's most glittering traditions with the Queen, CP couple, Prince Joachim/Princess Marie and sometimes Princess Benedikte taking part along with the Danish government. Aflysning af nyt?rstaffel og nyt?rskure i 2022  :(

Translation of the official announcement.

In continuation of the government and the health authorities' latest announcements about the corona situation, HM the Queen has decided to cancel the New Year's table for the government, the Speaker of the Folketing, representatives of official Denmark and the court on 1 January 2022.

The subsequent New Year's shelters for the Supreme Court, the Royal Life Guards and the Gardehus Regiment's on-duty Officer Corps, the Diplomatic Corps, the Armed Forces and the Danish Emergency Management Agency, I., II. and III. rank class as well as representatives of major national organizations and royal patronages, which should have taken place on 4 and 5 January 2022, are also canceled.

It will also be possible this year to send a digital New Year's greeting to the Queen and the royal family on the Royal House's website  Kongehuset . This will be possible from New Year's Day and the week out.

The Queen's annual New Year's speech will be held in the tradition on 31 December 2021 at 18.00 and will be broadcast live.

PrincessOfPeace

December 15, Queen Margrethe as Colonel in Chief received the incoming and outgoing regimental commander (Colonel of the Regiment) of The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment:

Modtagelse af til- og aftr?dende regimentschef for The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe of Denmark's golden jubilee:

Revised programme for 14 January and the events rescheduled to 10 and 11 September.

The 50th anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen?s accession to the throne

PrincessOfPeace

HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Crown Prince Frederik participated in a Council of State this morning. The meeting was No. 560 during the Queen's reign.

https://twitter.com/ChristinsQueens/status/1481928561405661186?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe and Crown Prince Frederik received the Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba today, January 27. Also present was Danish Foreign Minister Jeppe Kofod:

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

Queen Margrethe Ukraine January 27 Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images,%202022&sort=newest

PrincessOfPeace

HRH #CrownPrincessMary, Crown Prince Frederik, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine arrived to open the special exhibition "HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 - 2022"

https://twitter.com/ChristinsQueens/status/1489223231852752901?s=20&t=svyvvQwBoAqMqXaVDbTsRw

TudorQueen

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 03, 2022, 01:10:21 PM
HRH #CrownPrincessMary, Crown Prince Frederik, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine arrived to open the special exhibition "HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 - 2022"

https://twitter.com/ChristinsQueens/status/1489223231852752901?s=20&t=svyvvQwBoAqMqXaVDbTsRw

Photos of the event

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZhezlugwSy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZhE6l_AmI1/

Wow Isabelle is sure growing up. She has lost the childlook and growing into a lovely teen

Blue Clover

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe opened the exhibition "Women and Change" at the Arken Museum of Modern Art in Ishoj today:

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Marie attended the anniversary service and participates in the reception on the occasion of DanChurchAid's 100th anniversary today:

Veloplagt og smilende prinsesse Marie klar til stor dag | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe has agreed to become Patron of "Danish Theatre 300 years", all celebrations and events marking this year's 300th anniversary of Danish theatre.

H.M. Dronningen bliver protektor for ?Dansk Teater 300 ?r?

PrincessOfPeace

March 12, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Benedikte as Patron and Princess Nathalie attended the Danish Warmblood Stallion Show in Herning. Mary also attended the ECCO gala show in the evening:

Se de nye billeder: Kronprinsesse Mary dukkede uventet op | BILLED-BLADET

TLLK

Queen Margrethe and Princess Isabella at church today. Isabella appears to have been experimenting with her hair color.

H.M. Dronningen og H.K.H. Prinsesse Isabella deltog i s?ndagsgudstjeneste

Macrobug67

Yep.  Looks a bit too dark but she?s at that great age for experimentation.   I think she needs to go with green and pink strips.  Just to shake up things a little. 

PrincessOfPeace

March 22, Prince Joachim led a Danish delegation for a visit to a Naval Group in Lorient, France:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOiL1Y0XoAYOnHi?format=jpg&name=large

PrincessOfPeace

The traditional torchlight procession by citizens of Fredensborg took place this evening, March 26. Queen Margrethe was accompanied by Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie:

Sk?n overraskelse: Dronning Margrethe nyder fakkelfest sammen med sine s?stre | BILLED-BLADET

TLLK

Lovely to see the three sisters together again in their native Denmark.

PrincessOfPeace

This evening, March 27, Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie will attend a ballet performance (in participation of former recipients of the Queen Ingrid's Honorary Scholarship), will award the final Queen Ingrid's Honorary Scholarship and afterwards attend a dinner with the invited guests at Christian VII's Palace.

The Palace shared a preview of the ballet performance:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cbmd7gWAxT3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

TudorQueen

Photos from the event. This year marks the 112th birthday of Queen Ingrid. She died in 2000 at 90.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbndWY6AxnN/

And from set up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbnBGQNAyTA/

TLLK

Thank you both for sharing the video and photos links. It's wonderful to see the three sisters together again to honor their late mother.