Danish Monarchy Current Events

Started by TLLK, January 02, 2017, 02:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

September 29. Princess Marie was present at the opening event for the National Food Waste Day in Copenhagen this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAb9pueWUAEhRiW?format=jpg&name=large

PrincessOfPeace

September 28. The queen attends The Danish Crafts Association awards at Copenhagen City Hall.

Sk?n video fra medaljefest: Margrethe vild med S?ren ?stergaard | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

.29 September 2021 H.M. The Queen hosts a State Council dinner at Fredensborg Palace. In addition to the Queen, the Crown Prince Couple, the government, the Secretary of State and employees from the Court will also participate in the dinner. The most recent dinner was held in 2017 and the aim is for a State Council dinner to be held in each election period.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n

Middag p? Fredensborg Slot: Mary og Frederik ankommer i heftig regn | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

October 13. Queen Margrethe received the new Ambassadors from Thailand, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Austria and Luxembourg at Fredensborg Castle this morning.

Ambassad?rmodtagelse den 13. oktober 2021 | Kongehuset

PrincessOfPeace

October 19. Queen Margrethe presented the Queen Ingrid's Researcher Award at Amalienborg today.

Overr?kkelse af Dronning Ingrids Forskerpris 2021 | Kongehuset

PrincessOfPeace

October 25. Queen Margrethe received the credentials of new ambassadors from Tonga, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, El Salvador and Angola.

Ambassad?rmodtagelse den 25. oktober 2021 | Kongehuset

PrincessOfPeace

October 26. Prince Joachim as Patron of Europa Nostra Danmark presented the Prince Henrik's Europa Nostra Prize in Copenhagen today.

Ankommet til prisfest: Prins Joachim hjemme i Danmark igen | BILLED-BLADET

PrincessOfPeace

October 29. Queen Margrethe as Patron attended the "Borneringens Natur og Science Festival 2021" in Hillerod today.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n

PrincessOfPeace

November 3. Queen Margrethe received NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at Amalienborg Palace on the occasion of the Nordic Council today.

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

TLLK

Princess Marie launches calendar helping cause close to her heart ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Marie, who lives and works in Paris, France, on a daily basis, has been in Denmark for a very special occasion.

For Princess Marie of Denmark, it was a good and pleasant experience to be in Copenhagen to focus on this year?s developing country?s Christmas calendar and enjoy a very special Christmas tradition. On Thursday morning, Marie participated, as a patron of DanChurchAid, in the launch of the Children?s Development Calendar for 2021.

The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has collaborated with the Children?s Development Calendar since 1962. Every year, the Development Calendar focuses on a new country and a new development project.

More than 150 children from second to fourth grade were together with Her Royal Highness to launch this year?s edition of the Children?s U-Country Calendar at Heiberg School in Copenhagen. This year, the profits from the sale of the Children?s U-Country Calendar go to a DanChurchAid project, which supports children in the Turkana region in northern Kenya.

DanChurchAid?s work in the region aims to help more families with the opportunity to send their children to school. Princess Marie has been a patron of DanChurchAid for the past ten years.

In the school?s hall, Danish Minister for Development Aid, Flemming M?ller Mortensen, the school principal and Secretary General of DanChurchAid joined the Princess for the presentation of this year?s U-Country Calendar, the associated website and teaching material about Kenya. In connection with the event, the Princess told the students about her work as a patron of DanChurchAid and about her meetings with children in other countries.

PrincessOfPeace

November 9. Queen Margrethe presented the Ebbe Munck Prize 2021 at Christiansborg Castle this afternoon.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n

Curryong

I?m not fat shaming or anything but does it appear to anyone else here that Angela Merkel has really packed on the  pounds over the last few months? Following on from the unexplained tremors/shaking she experienced before on several occasions that makes me wonder if her health is all it should be.

As for the rejected fist bump, surely State officials are given some sort of briefing on greeting visiting royals and HOS on State Visits? Daisy is delightfully down to earth in many respects (and some I wish the BRF would imitate) but it?s no surprise really that she didn?t want to participate in fist bumping. I can imagine visiting politicians especially US ones responding to a fist bump but not an elderly royal.

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe II and Crown Prince Frederik  receive an Official Welcome, have Lunch with Angela Merkel, attend a series of Receptions and visit the Brandenburg Gate before a State Banquet at Schloss Bellevue on Day 1 of their State Visit to Germany:

Danish State Visit to Germany | The Royal Watcher

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe Of Denmark And Crown Prince Frederik Visit Germany - Day 3.

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

PrincessOfPeace

November 13. Queen Margrethe visited the Akademie der Bildenden Kuenste (Academy of Fine Arts) in Munich:

Queen Margrethe Academy November 13 Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images,%202021&sort=newest

PrincessOfPeace

November 26. Princess Marie accompanied by Prince Joachim opened the Christmas bazaar at Frederikskirken - The Danish Church in Paris today.

LA RINCESA MARIE Y JOAQUIN DE DINAMARCA CON EL ESPIRITU NAVIDE?O - Todos - ..:GTRESONLINE:..

PrincessOfPeace

November 26. Queen Margrethe received the new Ambassadors of Australia, Israel, Norway, Finland and Hungary today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWvZx1VAJKP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 11, 2021, 12:45:09 AM
I?m not fat shaming or anything but does it appear to anyone else here that Angela Merkel has really packed on the  pounds over the last few months? Following on from the unexplained tremors/shaking she experienced before on several occasions that makes me wonder if her health is all it should be.

As for the rejected fist bump, surely State officials are given some sort of briefing on greeting visiting royals and HOS on State Visits? Daisy is delightfully down to earth in many respects (and some I wish the BRF would imitate) but it?s no surprise really that she didn?t want to participate in fist bumping. I can imagine visiting politicians especially US ones responding to a fist bump but not an elderly royal.

I wonder if the Chancellor is on  medication(s) that might cause some weight gain? (I don't consider your comment to be fat shaming @Curryong.)

PrincessOfPeace

Today is #WorldAIDSDay and Princess Marie, as Patron of @AIDSFondet, recorded a video message. In the video, Princess Marie shows AIDS Fondet's new book for which she wrote the foreword.

https://twitter.com/Heaven_LeeM/status/1466025659759841280?s=20

TudorQueen

The Queen, Mary, Isabella, the twins and Felix were at the ballet last night.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW_fZVmAIeY/

The queen was involved in costumes and scenery as she has in the past.

Curryong

Queen Daisy and Prince Henrik were an extremely creative couple, quirky poetry, interesting to say the least sculptures, on his side. And of course the Queen has had her theatrical and costume designs, book illustrations, tapestries and more. Now Henrik is no more it?s very good that her skills in the theatre remain sharp. I think she?s terrific.

TLLK

If there had to be a "Queen of Crafters" among the royals I might be tempted to give the crown to QMI though her former peer Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands, the late DoE and the PoW all are known for their artistic endeavors too in sculpting and painting respectively.  Still Margrethe seems to have the most varied interests and is the one who is frequently involved behind the scenes working on costuming and sets for Danish productions and creating the Amalienborg Nisser too.

So I hereby bequeath the golden glue gun to HM Queen Margrethe I of Denmark on behalf of RIF's administrator, moderators and members.  :windsor1: :Jen:(That's all we could afford seeing that the mod team is  over budget again on snacks and beverages for the mod lounge.) :partaay:

Royal Family supports Queen Margrethe?s artistic flair at The Snow Queen Premiere ? Royal Central