Royal Box balcony stumps Duke of York at classy Epson Derby

Started by Jennifer, June 08, 2016, 04:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuotePrince Andrew tried in vain to open a balcony door today in the Royal Box at the A-list Epsom Derby before appearing to give up.

The 56-year-old bachelor, sometimes known for being a little gaffe-prone, was joined by the Queen, Poldark actress Eleanor Tomlinson and Masterchef's Gregg Wallace in Surrey.

The daughters of the Duke and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, were conspicuous by their absence after reporters were tipped off that they would appear.

Read more:
Epsom Derby: Prince Andrew the Duke of York trapped by balcony door | Daily Star
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Squirrel

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

LouisFerdinand

The photo entitled STIFF is appropriately entitled. I have never seen Prince Andrew look this stern before.

Jennifer

It looks like Prince Andrew was getting angry with the door! Was it that difficult to open it?
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Squirrel

I bet he was pulling it when there was a clear label saying 'push'. :teehee: :lol:
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Squirrel

It's just Prince Andrew being denied his balcony moment. :teehee:

Thought it's slightly worrying someone out there is actually paid to write and 'research' this kind of nonsense...

Jennifer

Quote from: Squirrel on June 10, 2016, 02:30:41 PM
I bet he was pulling it when there was a clear label saying 'push'. :teehee: :lol:

I would not be surprised if that happened. He usually has a hard time following directions.  :lol: