Japanese Monarchy: Articles from 2006-2008

Started by Wombat, January 07, 2006, 10:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezzle

Quote from: Kuei Fei on December 17, 2008, 02:42:52 PM

She doesn't have to maintain a full career or raise her children all on her own, she doesn't have to worry about bills. I'm sick and tired of these women marrying into these families and then of course falling apart and not doing their duties and then complaining about how bad they have it. They then indulge in their neuroses and ignore their very simple obligations.

Good for you Kuei Fei.  However, if you did not have to maintain a full career, or raise your own children because someone else insisted on doing it instead, and you didn't have to worry about bills, would you have pulled yourself together as quickly?
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Kuei Fei

Yes, if not quicker because I sought out help. I didn't just try to carry myself through and I admittedly did receive a good talking to when I wasn't facing the situation as squarely as I should have.

Kuei Fei

I wonder what the repercussions would be for the Throne.

losarboles

Quote from: Kuei Fei on July 31, 2008, 05:41:21 PM
Does anyone know what would happen if Masako wanted a divorce? Would the Imperial Court retain full custody of Aiko, what would the terms be?

I am assuming that the one who wasn't part of the family wouldn't get anything. However because of modern times she probably would :)
but yes everything goes via the male line.... grrr lol.
Anyone up for chicken tonight? Lovely!

Lovelyites #1 (I am starting a new 'ites' lol)

marine2109

QuoteEmperor Akihito Turns 75
TOKYO - DECEMBER 23: Crown Prince Naruhito, Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko and Prince Akishino wave to the well-wishers celebrating Emperor Akihito's 75th birthday at the Imperial Palace on December 23, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan. The Emperor, who has recently been diagnosed with a stress-related illness, made his first public appearance in a fortnight during today's celebration, where he was greeted by nearly 20000 well-wishers.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=83773205#

Kuei Fei

Arubiina

It has been nice to see the Imperial family. Despite recent stress, Emperor Akihito looked cheerful.

Kuei Fei

He is so handsome. As for her Imperial Majesty, she is tiny but I wouldn't want to cross her.