Wales' Kids general chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 16, 2017, 12:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

It is unfortunate that Little Charlotte can't be her own person. She is not going to be the Queen's clone. I like horses and I am not just like the Queen.

TLLK

^^^@sandy-I'm confused. Where does it say that Charlotte is the Queen's "clone" in the Daily Mail or Mirror Online articles? AFAIK there have been other reports and articles suggesting that Charlotte enjoys activities/toys that are similar to QEII as a girl but also that they've liked other things as well.

dianab

well, charlotte is in fact genetically related to the queen... it's normal people takes after abilities and likes as well as appearance of their relatives.

no, i dont think charlotte looks at all like the queen or whatever windsor or spencer relative... she looks like the middletons as her brothers do. she appears me having strong and confident personality of carole... but if she really likes horses, that she takes after the windsors genes

TLLK

Quoteappears me having strong and confident personality of carole

Which makes her IMO very different from QEII in terms of personality.  :nod:

sandy

Quote from: dianab on December 09, 2019, 06:00:04 PM
well, charlotte is in fact genetically related to the queen... it's normal people takes after abilities and likes as well as appearance of their relatives.

no, i dont think charlotte looks at all like the queen or whatever windsor or spencer relative... she looks like the middletons as her brothers do. she appears me having strong and confident personality of carole... but if she really likes horses, that she takes after the windsors genes

As she gets older I think she will look more and more like a Middleton. I don't think people need a windsor gene to like horses, besides which there are stables of horses that would certainly attract any child royal or not. The Queen is a thoroughbred horse owner and avidly visited horse farms which many breeders and owners do just as avidly.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on December 09, 2019, 12:10:21 AM
Kate supposedly was allergic to horses or so I read.
Yes, I heard that, too. The Cambridge children probably have lessons already, but to have a pony of one?s own at her age may be unwise. I don?t know where they would be taking lessons and whether there are dedicated grooms and teachers for the royal children. I?ve always thought she would ride.

sandy

She may go in for dressage like Princess Anne. The boys would go in for polo.

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that Princess Charlotte would like a coloring book?  :xmas17: :xmas17: :xmas17:

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on December 09, 2019, 06:42:19 PM
As she gets older I think she will look more and more like a Middleton. I don't think people need a windsor gene to like horses, besides which there are stables of horses that would certainly attract any child royal or not. The Queen is a thoroughbred horse owner and avidly visited horse farms which many breeders and owners do just as avidly.

I believe that the Windsor children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren have more or less had access to ponies and horses via the royal estates and of course had family members who have ridden for decades so it's unsurprising that they enjoy them.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Queen's great-grandchildren chooses to try for the British Olympic Equestrian team in the future.

As for Princess Charlotte's physical appearance, right now I'm inclined to think that she is a mix of QEII, Lady Sarah Chatto and Carole Middleton.  :xmas15:

sandy

I hope she does not look like Lady Chatto, I don't think she does. Lady Chatto looks more like her Dad. Lady Chatto 's mouth and chin are entirely different than Charlotte's.

I don't see her looking like the Queen. The grandchild with the closest resemblance to the Queen is Lady Louise. I don't see the Queen's looks coming out in the great grandchildren. Which I think is as it should be.

Charlotte has the looks of a MIddleton. Maybe with some Spencer characteristics around the eyes. In a few years she may just look like the Middleton side of the family as she ages.

lady louise resembles queen - Google Search

TLLK

@sandy-We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  :xmas17:

Hello did a poll on this question in 2016 and even then QEII and Lady Sarah were the top two among the choices on the online poll: Choices: QEII, Lady Sarah Chatto, Carole Middleton, Catherine and William.

Princess Charlotte: who does she look like?

QuoteThe Queen 46.75%
Lady Sarah Chatto 34.08%
Carole Middleton 8.89%
Kate Middleton 4.79%
Prince William 5.49%

Obviously three years have passed, but I can see why people thought that little Charlotte bore a resemblance to these ladies.

Now I wasn't surprised to see it suggested that George and Charlotte might receive children's cooking kits from Father Christmas this year. Apparently they love to help in the kitchen, so kid sized utensils might be a good gift. :xmas15:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on December 09, 2019, 08:26:48 PM
She may go in for dressage like Princess Anne. The boys would go in for polo.
I think Anne did eventing, which definitely includes dressage but also show jumping and cross country. I think that?s what Zara does also. I admire anyone who can compete in that! I imagine she still rides.

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on December 10, 2019, 01:50:07 AM
@sandy-We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  :xmas17:

Hello did a poll on this question in 2016 and even then QEII and Lady Sarah were the top two among the choices on the online poll: Choices: QEII, Lady Sarah Chatto, Carole Middleton, Catherine and William.

Princess Charlotte: who does she look like?

Obviously three years have passed, but I can see why people thought that little Charlotte bore a resemblance to these ladies.

Now I wasn't surprised to see it suggested that George and Charlotte might receive children's cooking kits from Father Christmas this year. Apparently they love to help in the kitchen, so kid sized utensils might be a good gift. :xmas15:

It's amusing to me that Charlotte's own parents are rated low in who she resembles. I see no resemblance to the Queen whatsoever, there seems to be a wish that she does which I don't get. Lady Chatto's mouth and chin are not the same as Charlotte's. Unless Charlotte is related to Snowdon I don't see how she can resemble lady Chatto who looks like her dad.

I think she's actually a mini me of Carole and Kate.

Why was Diana left out, Diana is her grandmother and there are pictures showing the resemblance. The ones who say she looks like the Queen have her side by side with 90 something Queen. The Queen looked totally different from Charlotte when she was a child.  Wishing Charlotte looking like the Queen took place when the child was swaddled in blankets and a new born.

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 10, 2019, 04:47:45 AM
I think Anne did eventing, which definitely includes dressage but also show jumping and cross country. I think that?s what Zara does also. I admire anyone who can compete in that! I imagine she still rides.
Yes I recall that is what Princess Anne competed in during her years as a competitive equestrian and that Zara does the same. I believe that Anne's ex-husband competed in the same events too.

Well if the weather is good during the children's winter break, then they'll likely ride when they're up at Amner Hall.

sandy

Zara's cousins Bea and Eugenie and Louise did not show the same interest in equestrian sports. I think Anne's influence encouraged Zara to take this up. Maybe Anne's granddaughters will show interest in equestrian sports.

TLLK

^^^No definitely not at the Olympic or World Championship level like Anne, Mark and Zara, but there are photos of Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise riding throughout their youth and even today.

Perhaps when Zara's cousins were young they asked Father Christmas to bring them a pony too.  :xmas15:

sandy

They would go riding with HM but they never participated in equestrian sports. I recall though Louise rode and took carriage rides. but it was for fun not for competition.

amabel

why should they be interested in equestrian sports? 

TLLK

Kensington Palace on Instagram: ?To all the doctors, nurses, carers, GPs, pharmacists, volunteers and other NHS staff working tirelessly to help those

Quotekensingtonroyal
Verified
To all the doctors, nurses, carers, GPs, pharmacists, volunteers and other NHS staff working tirelessly to help those affected by #COVID19: thank you.

Cambridge children clapping for NHS Carers working across the UK. :happy:

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on March 26, 2020, 11:27:17 PM
Prince George is very TALL.

George has tall parents and may end up at 6ft 5 +. The BRF has shot up from small to average height (George V, Mary and their sons, in fact Edward VIII was diminutive) to average height (due to Prince Philip) in Charles's generation, then  to tall William and Harry thanks largely to Diana, in only a few generations.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on March 27, 2020, 12:08:58 AM
George has tall parents and may end up at 6ft 5 +. The BRF has shot up from small to average height (George V, Mary and their sons, in fact Edward VIII was diminutive) to average height (due to Prince Philip) in Charles's generation, then  to tall William and Harry thanks largely to Diana, in only a few generations.
There is no question that the Cambridge children will be tall, but I was struck by how much taller Prince George has become. Meanwhile, doesn't little Louis look like his grandfather Middleton. He is growing up fast, too.