Chelsy Davy and Mrs. Carole Middleton at the Royal Ascot

Started by Adele, June 20, 2010, 12:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adele

The Mirror

QuotePrincesses Beatrice and Eugenie were seen under starter's orders for a lorra lorra fun with TV celeb Cilla Black. Meanwhile Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy enjoyed a glass of ­champagne and a laugh with a female pal.

Cherryite # 002

wannable

QuoteWhere did you get that hat, Mrs Middleton? ...well, that's just what elegant, well-connected daughters like Kate are for.

Lady in red: Chelsy Davy and a friend at Ascot this week. Homesick Chelsy is said to be homesick for Africa

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288044/Where-did-hat-Mrs-Middleton---s-just-elegant-connected-daughters-like-Kate-for.html#ixzz0rLutOPhr

edited to change the spelling of "Carol" to "Carole"

Lila the Flirt

Chelsy at Ascot. Who would have thought? Not liking the dress..

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Alixxx

Well, she looks really good for her age, recycled hat or no. :thumbsup:

Lila the Flirt

It's quite possible she's had a lot of "help" along the way. :biggrin:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Alixxx

I'd give the outfit a 5.5/10. Something about the dress just looks cheap to me. :shrug:

Wickedly Good

Did anyone think it odd after all the debate we have had regarding jobs and whether it would have been suitable for Kate to work at someplace like a Sothebys or a Christies given the press intrusion, that linked to the bottom of this article was the announcement that Princess Eugenie had taken a summer job at Christies?  I am thinking it would of been ok... No?

Adele

Bad chocie of dress  :blink:
She could have looked so much nicer.  :happy:

Cherryite # 002

someonewholovesharry

Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

Kate

Sorry SOWLH, I think the hat is far too old looking for her and the dress is not attractive IMO..
She could have done better on this outting....

Allie

Quote from: Lila the Flirt on June 20, 2010, 02:18:33 AM

That's definitely the best that I have ever seen her face/skin look, so yeah, I would guess that she's had some help.

garysworld1

Carole should cut her hair a bit shorter it is a little long for her age and a bit 'scraggly' but she has nice skin for her age.  That's a very high profile event. Is she usually out at these things?
All Garysworld1 posts are Copyrighted and are In Gary's Opinion.
If you don't see IMO than assume it was meant to be there.

Countess of Highgrove

I don't recall seeing Carol (or Kate for that matter) at this event before. It i s possible the Middleton's horse was running I suppose.

Carol is an attractive woman and looked very nice at the event. Not sure I would have borrowed the hat from Kate,though. I do otherwise like how the Middleton ladies share wardrobe. I believe it shows not only a sense of being practical, but a closeness between them as well. :thumbsup:

Alixxx

Quote from: Wickedly Good on June 20, 2010, 04:37:27 AM
Did anyone think it odd after all the debate we have had regarding jobs and whether it would have been suitable for Kate to work at someplace like a Sothebys or a Christies given the press intrusion, that linked to the bottom of this article was the announcement that Princess Eugenie had taken a summer job at Christies?  I am thinking it would of been ok... No?

Good point, WG. I for one, have always thought there were certain things Kate could have done away from PP, if she so chose, that would have not been an invasion of her privacy and been interesting and enhancing at the same time. Oh well. :sigh:

Alixxx

^ The fascinator is rather age and attire inappropriate. Something in colour and a bit more floral and whimsy might have worked better and the dress was just...not nice. :blink:

ap3

disappointing.  dress looks cheaply made, is unattractive and unflattering; a strange orangey-red.

the hat is too old, and worn at a strange angle. 

plus, she needs to fix her hair! she looks like she just plopped the hat on her head and pinned it.

someonewholovesharry

Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

wannable

Quote from: ap3 on June 20, 2010, 08:11:12 PM
disappointing.  dress looks cheaply made, is unattractive and unflattering; a strange orangey-red.

the hat is too old, and worn at a strange angle.  

plus, she needs to fix her hair! she looks like she just plopped the hat on her head and pinned it.

In the New Chelsy Pics thread, I guess (its pretty obvious with the HUGE photo on display of the Diana concert and Bubbles there with the exact same dress) it has been discovered that Chelsy went to the Royal Ascot with borrowed clothes, perhaps from head to toe (old facinator, dress, shoes, bag)...Bubbles  :sowhat:

RoyalB

someonewholovesharry

Quote from: Allie on June 20, 2010, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: Lila the Flirt on June 20, 2010, 02:18:33 AM

That's definitely the best that I have ever seen her face/skin look, so yeah, I would guess that she's had some help.

i agree

someonewholovesharry

i think bubble is a bit fat for chelsy.. or does it fit her??

RoyalB