William-Investitures

Started by PrincessOfPeace, November 05, 2019, 10:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge is hosting Investitures in Buckingham Palace this morning.

- 19 NOVEMBER 2019

TLLK

Here was one of the recipients who has fostered 250 children over the decades.

Twitter

TLLK

Prince William is at BP today 1/14/20 for the year's first series of investitures.

Twitter

QuoteCongratulations Sir Andrew Strauss

Prince William leaves Kensington Palace on the morning after crunch Sandringham Summit | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince William was back to work at Buckingham Palace today just 24 hours after his brother quit as a frontline royal and prepared to move to Canada.

The Duke of Cambridge put on a brave face as he stepped in for the Queen at an investiture ceremony this afternoon after taking his three children to school and nursery this morning.   

Despite the turmoil in his family and the rift with his younger brother, William grinned as he knighted Theresa May's Brexit negotiator Olly Robbins and former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss before sharing a joke as he gave gongs to rapper MIA, Scottish composer Anna Meredith and BBC golf expert Ken Brown.

wannable

Ahh, I think it's special and thoughtful that Prince William took time to learn a bit of sign language. In the video he is congratulating Mr. Duguid using SL.

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

Congratulations Alex Duguid MBE, honoured by The Duke of Cambridge for services to Deaf People and to British Sign Language Education
Twitter

TLLK

Yes I do appreciate that he learned a message in SL for Mr. Duguid today. :happy:

wannable

This is a first time a Investiture is front page news.  :D

Back to Royal Duties
The Duke of Cambridge put on a brave face as he stepped in for the Queen at an investiture ceremony this afternoon after taking his three children to school and nursery this morning. Despite the turmoil in his family and the rift with his younger brother, William grinned as he knighted Theresa May's Brexit negotiator Olly Robbins (main picture) and former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss before sharing a joke as he gave gongs to rapper MIA (left), Scottish composer Anna Meredith and BBC golf expert Ken Brown. The third in line to the throne was back to work

The paparazzi took pictures of William doing the school run, the DM cropped the picture, a solo William, one can see the blond hair of George in the backseat.  One would hope the paparazzi desist, but won't happen until the finalized Sussex deal.

sandy

Quote from: wannable on January 14, 2020, 02:47:52 PM
This is a first time a Investiture is front page news.  :D

Back to Royal Duties
The paparazzi took pictures of William doing the school run, the DM cropped the picture, a solo William, one can see the blond hair of George in the backseat.  One would hope the paparazzi desist, but won't happen until the finalized Sussex deal.

Why on earth would william have to put on a "brave face." This is a ceremony honoring someone, the person being honored should be the focus not William's Brave Face.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2020, 04:11:26 PM

The focus of the investiture should be on the honoree not William's face.

wannable

The media is reporting and praising William for doing the sign language.

sandy

Yes, but the focus should still be on the honoree.  I would be annoyed if I was given an award and the media focused in on the person presenting the award.

sara8150

Prince William Signs Congratulations to Deaf Award Recipient | PEOPLE.com | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2020, 07:09:07 PM

Twitter

QuotePrince William hosts first investiture of the year at Buckingham Palace today.

During which he congratulates Alex Duguid by signing in British Sign Language.

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2020, 09:01:31 PM

Prince William is praised for using sign language to congratulate deaf award recipient | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: January 14, 2020, 09:11:07 PM

Smiley Prince William hailed as ?sweet and thoughtful? as he uses sign language to honour TV translator

Deaf Corrie star Alex Duguid scoops MBE and Prince William congratulates him - Mirror Online

wannable

'Wonderful' William wins an avalanche of praise for his sign language skills as he returns to royal duty to present medals

True, their Instagram story got 1.5Million likes in 4 hours.

TLLK

@sandy-The passage Daily Mail article that I shared in my initial post named at least five of the honorees at the first investiture ceremony of 2020. The media is focusing on those who were recognized today at Buckingham Palace as well as the royal who bestowed the honors today, Prince William.

Also media gave coverage of Prince William and Mr. Alex Duguid's interaction today.

QuotePrince William was back to work at Buckingham Palace today just 24 hours after his brother quit as a frontline royal and prepared to move to Canada.

The Duke of Cambridge put on a brave face as he stepped in for the Queen at an investiture ceremony this afternoon after taking his three children to school and nursery this morning.   

Despite the turmoil in his family and the rift with his younger brother, William grinned as he knighted Theresa May's Brexit negotiator Olly Robbins and former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss before sharing a joke as he gave gongs to rapper MIA, Scottish composer Anna Meredith and BBC golf expert Ken Brown.

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2020, 12:01:03 AM

More information on today's honorees can be found on KP Instagram.

Kensington Palace on Instagram: ?A closer look at some of today?s Investiture recipients ?? honoured by The Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace: 1.

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2020, 12:02:22 AM

This includes a Roman Catholic priest from Northern Ireland and an elderly couple who have fostered over 180 children. :happy:

amabel

Quote from: sandy on January 15, 2020, 12:17:29 AM
I was commenting on how the media emphasizes William's brave face, trying to make a soap opera out of an investiture.
it would be strange if they didn't comment on William carrying on his routine duties.. while -

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on January 14, 2020, 02:21:49 PM
Ahh, I think it's special and thoughtful that Prince William took time to learn a bit of sign language. In the video he is congratulating Mr. Duguid using SL.

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

Congratulations Alex Duguid MBE, honoured by The Duke of Cambridge for services to Deaf People and to British Sign Language Education
Twitter
Mr. Duguid has certainly been serving the people.,

PrincessOfPeace

November 16. The Duke of Cambridge had an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today:

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1776859

PrincessOfPeace

December 7. The Duke of Cambridge had an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today.

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1789043

PrincessOfPeace

January 12, The Duke of Cambridge held an Investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle today:

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1804914

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge held an Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle today:

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1811684

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Windsor Castle is now Investiture Central as I understand that ongoing BP renovations have limited the access to the rooms where these ceremonies typically take place. I'd expect that most if not all of 2022's Investitures will take place there.