Royal Marriage of Freddie Windsor and Sophie Winkleman

Started by Orchid, September 08, 2009, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fawbert

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor have spurned a possible £600,000 glossy mag deal.... more than can be said for some of the other members of the family...   now read on, dear reader

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/court_and_social/article6832411.ece
Fawbert

Fabulous Fake

fawbert   :bignono:

Did you read page two of this thread? :P

Trudie

I just want to wish the bride and groom a long and happy life together. I thought they both looked lovely.   :wub2:

drezzle

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=82002854&cdi=0

Here's a picture of Lady Rose Windsor's wedding, and she is as closely related to the senior royals as Freddie and managed to get more senior royals to attend.  So what is so unacceptable about Freddie's wedding?
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Fabulous Fake

The groom's mother perhaps was the stumbling block. :hehe:

drezzle

If the royals want their privacy and mystic, this isn't the way to get it -- it's more like airing dirty something in public, but I'm not sure what and the public is left to imagine the worse.  Ignoring this wedding sent duty and dignity out the window for the senior royals.  

If the problem is the groom's mother then instead of just annoying, there must be something terribly wrong with her -- and besides, it wasn't her wedding.  It just makes the senior royals look insufferably petty and snooty and my estimation of Princess Eugenie has just gone up several fold.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

brittanylala

I hope Freddie and Sophie had an unforgettable day - the couple look beautiful together.

I'm so disappointed in Harry and William for failing to attend. There is just absolutely no excuse for snubbing immediate family unless your facing certain death itself. It seems I've been brought up to have more class than the Windsors. The vast majority of the world have more class than the Windsors. I'm quite dumbfounded they couldn't attend the main ceremony and then leave before the reception to celebrate his birthday privately afterwards. I'm sure Freddie and Sophie would've understood, or at least pretended too.

Stix Chix

grandmother's cousin's son isn't immediate family imho although i'm a little surprised too.  maybe they should have sent Kate as their representative? ;)

Sophie's dress was lovely although i thought the bodice was a little too low for church.  did Princess Michale really pick it out?

Harryite #0004

Kate

Yet the Queen and father of the bride , Prince Michael , are first cousins and I certainly have gone to my cousins childrens weddings!! 
I agree about the mystique...They have set tongues wagging and rumour flying by adopting the attitude they have done...IMO

drezzle

Quote from: Stix Chix on September 13, 2009, 04:09:27 PM
.................................maybe they should have sent Kate as their representative? ;)

Kate did go to Lady Rose Windsor's wedding ;)

brittanylala

grandmother's cousin's son isn't immediate family imho although i'm a little surprised too.  

Oh yeah, thanks! Is it inappropriate to type 'lol' on this forum? As I really am laughing out loud at my typo! But still Freddie isn't a far flung 3rd cousin they've only met once. It's the basic principle.

fawbert

The Queen was otherwise engaged at a very important military occasion in Yorkshire ------ a long standing pre-arranged trip. Handing out the Elizabeth Cross to war widows.....
Fawbert

Lucy

I find that the groom's mother looked tawdry:

And even the somewhat showy Princess Eugenie dressed far more maturely and appropiately.
The VERY senior Kents were there as was Lady Helen Taylor, with she and her Mother looking the height of fashion and glam instesd of cheap and ostentacious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1213039/Here-trips-bride-Sophie-Winkleman-takes-tumble-marries-Freddie-Windsor.html
Lady Ella's gown was a tad inappropiate as well but not nearly as extreme as her Mum's.
As for the newly weds, they were gorgeous together...even though a slight bit more demure neckline would have benefitted Sophie as well..at least she wasn't horribly gaudy....but glowed as brides should do.
IMO
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/1288325.html

I think it would have been false and pretentious of Harry and William to attend because they don't associate all that much with that branch of the family...they attended Lord Nicholas Windsor's wedding either. He was first married in London befoe the ceremony at the Vatican.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article625565.ece

DIANISTA # 1

Ella Kay

Quote from: drezzle on September 13, 2009, 04:36:10 PM
.................................maybe they should have sent Kate as their representative? ;)

Kate did go to Lady Rose Windsor's wedding ;)

I think Kate was invited to that wedding on her own, though.  She and George and Rose Gilman seem to travel in the same circle of friends (they were all at the recent van Cutsem wedding, for example).  I don't think she was a "representative" in the same strange way she was for the Phillips wedding.
"Where did you get that hat?"
Prince Philip to Queen Elizabeth II after her coronation in 1953

marine2109

Trudie

With the exception of HM it seems the others couldn't be bothered leaving Balmoral. It really was in poor taste to schedule the wedding knowing the others would not interrupt their vacation. After all one can remember the inconvenience Diana's death caused by the family having to go to London for her funeral.

drezzle