Castle Once Used to Imprison Royal Son of Robert the Bruce on the Market

Started by cinrit, September 07, 2014, 12:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteIt was once used to imprison Robert the Bruce's son before he was sent to the Tower of London.  And now Ogle Castle in Northumberland, one of the oldest inhabited buildings in England, is up for sale for just £1.5million.

King David II of Scotland was locked up in the castle's Pele Tower after his defeat at Neville's Cross, in County Durham, in 1346.

The nine-bedroom Grade I listed building near Ponteland was once the ancestral home of the Ogles, one of the most famous border river families of the Middle Ages.

William the Conqueror granted a deed to Humphrey de Hoggell (Ogle) to enjoy all the liberties and royalties of his manor after the conquest.

More: A home fit for a king: Castle once used to imprison royal son of Robert the Bruce on the market for £1.5million | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

You're welcome, Limabeany.  If I were ever to be imprisoned, this is where I'd like to be confined! :happy:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

Lovely photos!

But DM.  Really?  Border Rivers?   Try Border Reivers.....  big difference.  Especially if you are a sheep or cow.
GNU Terry Pratchett

cate1949

the DM writers must all be from Argentina or someplace not Britain - rievers!  Know they nothing about history???

I want this castle. 

Thanks for posting!