Keeping a separate court

Started by LouisFerdinand, January 02, 2019, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Why would Diana get "hostility" because of her "affairs" (some alleged)? Charles ran around with Camilla but I suppose because he's a Prince of wales that was just fine and dandy plus he ditched Diana. I recall when Diana confessed about Hewitt she did have sympathy because Charles had ditched her.

The press abusing her did not mean Diana "asked for it."

How do you know Diana got upset when she was not on the front page.

Honestly you sound like Penny Junor with all the putdowns.

40 is not 80.

Her story would not be finished if she found someone else to marry.

Double post auto-merged: March 28, 2019, 05:54:14 PM

Quote from: amabel on March 28, 2019, 05:26:24 PM
The public were beginning to lose interest a bit by that time. THe War of the Waleses had had a long run and Had begun to bore the public...
so when the Fayed story began,  A lot of people didn't think she was wise to date Dodi or to take holidays with MAF.. and while there was coverage, it was somewhat crticial.
But of course the" Dodi story" was "hot news" right then and the Press were eager to see the next development in this romance.. would it end in a row and tears?  Would they get engaged?
However if it did end one way or the other, I am not so sure the public and press would be that bothered about the next romance.. or the one after that..

Why do you think your opinions are what the "public" thought.

Dating is not marrying someone.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on March 28, 2019, 05:22:01 PM
It is all about balance. In my opinion Diana would have learned to find a balance. But it's like that with many things.
I think most people would get annoyed with a press looking for a "story" and criticizing when there really is no need for it.
Those type of photographers are scum in my opinion. What they did amounted to harrassment IMO.

I agree with you :goodpost: on all counts. Must be a first :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Yes she got sympathy for Charles having cheated on her and the public were willing to tolerate the affair with J Hewitt.. But when stoires emerged of other affairs.. (and yes they did) it began to look like Dian had made  a big fuss about C's infidelity and complained bitterly that someone was stealing her husband.. but she expected other women like Diane Hoare or Julia carling to tolerate HER being involved with teheir husbands...

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on March 28, 2019, 05:53:13 PM
How do you know Diana got upset when she was not on the front page.

Because she said in Bashir "I will not go quietly".
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

But she did not say I want to be on the front page now did she?

Double post auto-merged: March 28, 2019, 06:40:01 PM

Quote from: amabel on March 28, 2019, 06:10:46 PM
Yes she got sympathy for Charles having cheated on her and the public were willing to tolerate the affair with J Hewitt.. But when stoires emerged of other affairs.. (and yes they did) it began to look like Dian had made  a big fuss about C's infidelity and complained bitterly that someone was stealing her husband.. but she expected other women like Diane Hoare or Julia carling to tolerate HER being involved with teheir husbands...

Alleged affairs. Carling said there was no affair. Diane Hoare never commented. How do you know what Diana expected?

Did Hoare not expect his wife to get upset with his comforting married women?

amabel

If you don't think she had affairs with at least Hoare, if not Carling.. I can say that other people believed there were affairs.  And they were criticial of her not so much for the affairs In themselves but for her having complained loudly about Charles and Camilla nd how much, she, Diana suffered.. but then when she took a married lover... she presumably expected the man's wife to accept that he was involved iwht her..

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on March 28, 2019, 06:39:16 PM
But she did not say I want to be on the front page now did she?

The implications of her statement were very clear and Diana followed through. She was not about to go quietly or cut down on her public profile. In fact, members of the press corps report that she did often create scenarios in order to manipulate them into giving her favorable coverage or at least upstaging other members of the BRF. This was not someone that was looking for a quiet life away from the limelight.

sandy

No you are putting your own spin on it. She never said I want my picture on the cover all the time> Ever.

She learned about manipulation from two masters  C and C.

Camilla was not in the BRF when she was "upstaged" by Diana. Camilla's photo was embarrassing with her smirking over her bling.

amabel

She didn't have to say it.. She claimed to hate the press chasing her.. and said that they made her life hell.. then she refused to have PPOs who would have kept tem at bay. she went over to the Press boat when on holiday with MAF.. why do that if she didn't want to be seen by the Press and talk to them? And she told them "they'd get a big surprise with the next thng she did".  What is that but teasing the press and getting them to follow her?

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on March 28, 2019, 07:28:40 PM
No you are putting your own spin on it. She never said I want my picture on the cover all the time> Ever.

She learned about manipulation from two masters  C and C.

Camilla was not in the BRF when she was "upstaged" by Diana. Camilla's photo was embarrassing with her smirking over her bling.

Her own words and actions. No need to put any "spin" on it. For example, Diana actually invited the media to her holiday with Dodi and posed for them. That is not a sign of someone that wanted a private life like for example Jackie Kennedy who was being discussed earlier.

This is not really about C&C so I do not see how they are relevant to a discussion as to whether or not Diana enjoyed the limelight.

BTW, this is not about me or my alleged spin. It is about Diana and the possibilities of a separate court, let us stick to that please. Thanks.

Double post auto-merged: March 28, 2019, 07:50:39 PM

Quote from: amabel on March 28, 2019, 07:39:03 PM
why do that if she didn't want to be seen by the Press and talk to them? And she told them "they'd get a big surprise with the next thng she did".

Exactly. :goodpost: Someone that wants a quiet private life does not do those things.

sandy

It IS about C and C. YOu can say it's not but it is.

YOu keep putting down Diana in this thread.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on March 28, 2019, 10:47:58 PM
It IS about C and C. YOu can say it's not but it is.

YOu keep putting down Diana in this thread.
the Thread is supposed to be about Diana having a separate court... so not about Charles and Cam.

royalanthropologist

Exactly. :goodpost: It is also not a debate about how PC people's views are.

sandy

I see nothing "exactly" about it royal.

Double post auto-merged: March 29, 2019, 11:41:53 AM

Quote from: amabel on March 29, 2019, 07:19:49 AM
the Thread is supposed to be about Diana having a separate court... so not about Charles and Cam.

Why would it be irrelevant. Separate court from..? Charles of course. And he was "seeing" Camilla. Diana did not live in a vacuum. Some perspective please.

royalanthropologist

The message was actually not addressed to you Sandy so you need see anything in it. Amabel is right in trying to steer the thread back to topic. We have had too many repetitive red herrings IMO.

As for living in a vacuum and the strenuous C&C connection, the period being discussed is nothing to do with them. Diana was divorced from Charles and that meant that he was now no longer responsible for the decisions she made about her life. His only connection to her were the children they shared and that is not disputed here. 

Similarly, the fact that he was seeing Camilla was no longer Diana's business. She was no longer his wife and need not concern herself with his life, just like he need not concern himself with hers.

This thread was discussing the possibilities of whether or not Diana could have a separate court. The reality is that she could not because she was not a queen consort and would never be a queen consort after the divorce.

sandy

I am disagreeing with you.

Of course Camilla is involved in the discussion.

It was never Diana's business according to CHarles since it was his way or the highway.

They had to be concerned with each other's lives since they had children together.

Diana would possibly have had her HRH returned and would have been influential during William's reign.

amabel

They were no longer concerned with each other's lives, because they were divorced.. They met at times to discuss their children.. but their life together was long since over.  Diana was no longer a royal so she would not have a "court"...

sandy

You forget they had children together and would meet and appear at events involving them.  Diana kept her royal residence.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on March 29, 2019, 06:58:53 PM
You forget they had children together and would meet and appear at events involving them.  Diana kept her royal residence.
That does not mean that they had any sort of life together.. they might appear occasionally at events such as the children's confirmations.. or school events occasionally..
Diana kept her royal residence because it was the cheapest and most sensible option to leave her in KP.. rather than have to get her some other residence.  She was not married to Charles, she didn't have a court, or a life with Charles. 

sandy

Did I say that? They had a relationship as co parents.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on March 29, 2019, 10:19:19 PM
Did I say that? They had a relationship as co parents.
So they occasionally appeared in public together with the children or met to discuss their meeting arrangements..

royalanthropologist

There has always been a huge difference between C&D as a couple and C&D as parents. The former relationship was totally dysfunctional but the later was much healthier. I think as parents, they deeply cared for their children and did the best to shield them from the problems in their relationship as a couple.

After the divorce, only the children united them. Actually, that is how many divorced people are. You make decisions about the children together but do not associate with each other or interfere in each other's personal life.

amabel

Quote from: royalanthropologist on March 31, 2019, 09:42:55 AM
There has always been a huge difference between C&D as a couple and C&D as parents. The former relationship was totally dysfunctional but the later was much healthier. I think as parents, they deeply cared for their children and did the best to shield them from the problems in their relationship as a couple.

A
I think they did of course care for their children, but Im not sure how much the kids united them after the first couple of years.  I think at first Diana adored her children but was under stress, but she and Charles boht enjoyed being with them and it was a bond.  But within a few years, that began to fade as their own relationship unravelled.   Diana  was a  devoted mother and I think she didn't want to have a nanny really and have to do royal duties.. Charles began to spend more time away from home and that meant he saw less of the kids. I think they tried to keep their rows private and not let the kids see how strained the relationship was.. but it wasn't easy...
When thngs got very strained, Im not sure they did a great job of keeping it away from the children.  Both of them stupidly made their troubles public, and it was impossible even though the boys were at school, for them not to hear about the affairs and the fighting on TV...
And while it is not clear what made for the final break one story is that there was a row over Diana taking the children to see Charles .. and it was the last straw, they could not agree and it was obvious that the queen had to intervene.. so I think that unfortunately at that point access ot the children was an issue that caused trouble.
I think after the separation, it was all laid down when they would be with C and with Diana so it was easier, but Im not sure if that ws due to them getting on better as parents, or if it was the queen/R advisers laying down the law to avoid arguments....

sandy

Feelings of parents do not fade. Diana welcomed royal duties and work. SHe worked when she did not have to pre marriage.

The row took place because Diana had had enough of having to make nice with the people who provided safe houses for C and C and leaked stories about her for Charles.

SophieChloe

[gmod]33 pages in. Now this thread is locked. Start another one by all means but PLEASE bring something new to the table. SCxx[/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me