Diana, the press, and her eating disorder

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, July 09, 2016, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Heres an example of a disturbing trend I noticed looking through old articles and clippings about Diana.

England of dreams. Paris of the ill fated.

I LOVE this outfit, slone ranger style with her long hair, it doesnt say it here, but I saw this one once along with an article in which it was deemed a flop and it made her look fat with big hips,  :fuming: :thumbsdown: :fuming: :thumbsdown: OMG she looks so lovely and HEALTHY in this, and saw an article describing her in her green outfit at the Broadlands in 1981 when they planted a tree as almost "chubby".

No wonder the poor girl had an eating disorder, snide remarks from Charles aside, wish I could go in a time machine and crack some press heads around after showing them what they did to the poor woman. But it wasnt just her, remember Karen Carpenter, im no expert on the motivations that caused her anorexia, but the early mid 80s were a horrible time for assaulting womens body image (I know, I know, todays not much better, but thanks to Dianas honesty and openness, we can at least talk about such things more).

England of dreams. Paris of the ill fated.

heres one she was called "fat in the face" by the French press when she wore this, WTH?????

As someone that thought she looked perfect in 1980 :cloud9:, I just get mad sometimes remembering how they wrote about her, she used to pay close attention to what was written and im sure it didnt do her any good (remember her whole "Quest for perfection" speech).

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.