George general chat

Started by Windsor, July 22, 2013, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

v_voom

It's a boy! I'm outside B'ham Palace right now!
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

sara8150

Kate deliver baby boy 8lbs 6oz and arrival at 4:24pm afternoon it's big baby boy! Kate and baby are doing fine after deliver William will annoucement to press very soon..

yolaura

Regal

Very happy for the couple!  :clap:

Hoping the baby is called Alexander or Arthur!

georgiana996

baby Cambridge is finally here  :crown: :hi7:

"Celebrations will take place across the world when the baby is born, Niagara Falls will light up pink or blue. Gun Salutes in London."

— @JordonLee (via dukeduchessofcambridge)

Don't worry, be Harry: Photo
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

chavita

That is a very big baby!! 8 pounds, wow. Congratulations! :vday4:
Harryite #0009

Lothwen

I'm glad they had a boy, to be honest.  Now there won't be any chance of them naming him "Diana" which I thought wouldn't be a good idea no matter what the reasoning.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Honesty

Safe Delivery.  Well Done Catherine, and congratulations to both of you.

Liquorice

Quote from: Regal on July 22, 2013, 07:53:30 PM
Very happy for the couple!  :clap:

Hoping the baby is called Alexander or Arthur!

I join on this one. I hope his name begins with an A, for my own name begins with an A ! And I remind you I was born myself on June 22nd, so I'm very excited !

Pamela

Happy news! They must be over the moon with joy--and relief!  :vday4:

Blue Clover

Great news! Congratulations to the Cambridges!  :welcome:

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sandy

My theories on the name. George to honor George VI. Louis as a nod to the Spencers since Louis Spencer will be the next Earl Spencer. And Louis could also be a tribute to Louis Mountbatten and William has that as one of his names. And Alexander because perhaps they wanted to have the name Alexandra in the names if a girl and Alexander if a boy. I would have had liked David as the  fourth name if they had decided on a fourth name which they didn't

FanDianaFancy

No Phillip. Surprisng there. I think they  could  have added his grandfather's  name  as  first  in order for that name, his , to  be King Philip one day.
They  could  have called their  PJ  or PG  or GP  for short.They  only used  3 names instead of four.

George, QEII's  father, an ode  to her   , ok, but....

Yes, I  am critical. Yes, I am commenting.
I know some will say "W hatever these people do,  you people  will crictize. Goodness!"

They  are  who they  are and yes, everything they  do , say, go, look,  is  commented on.
it is  not as if  I nor anyone here nor the press  nor the people  are commetning to their face  about things.

That is what they named their child, per QEII's  approaval , no doubt, fine .So be it.

Persoanlly, I think George  is  too old  a  name  for  a  youngster.

William, Wills, Will, cool.
Herny  is  an olde anme  , harder too , but  he  has  been refrred to and called  Harry  sicne day  one.
Many  people  don't know or forget it  is Prince Henry.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Jmax2

I think George isn't a surprise.  Personally, I like the name.  He isn't named after anyone in particular, so he can make this name his own.

George was the name of two recent kings (and a number of other monarchs) and is the name of Sarah McQ's son.

Alexander is the name of Robert and Jane Fellows son.

Louis is a Mountbatten, and the name of Lord Althorp.

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.  ~Author Unknown

Eri

What an antic name this is a 21th Century child for God sake !!! William and Harry are more modern !!! And also no Philip ? You must be kidding me !!!

Limabeany

I thought the same thing, Eri. Philip would have been a loving tribute to his grandfather at 92.  :blank:

sandy

I keep thinking of George Costanza in Seinfeld another famous character called George.

I'm surprised Kate did not honor her dad by giving Michael as one of the names.

missbliss

QuotePersoanlly, I think George  is  too old  a  name  for  a  youngster

But he won't always be a youngster.  I like when people give their children "adult" names.  So many people use nicknames instead of the "real name" - so Jack instead of John, Molly instead of Mary, etc. etc.  You can always come up with a nickname for family and for childhood days, but it is good to have a serious adult name for the vast amount of your life where you are not a child.

FanDianaFancy

I agree  Eri. :clap:

Maybe they  will call him Alex  for short.

With the name they chose, you  cannot  pull the first two intials  for  nickname  like JP-JamesPhillip.  PJ, Phillip James. PG -Phillip Geroge.

Liquorice

As I wrote on the other thread, my theory is they chose names fit for a king. They didn't honour any relative or acquaintance !

For me, it is George for the Saint Patron of England, Alexander for Alexander the Great and Louis for Louis XIV.

The Admiral Mountbatten is just an excuse for using the name Louis !  They just wanted to wish their sons a reign as fortunate as Alexander's and Louis's ones !

cinrit

All adult Georges have started out as babies.  Isn't Alexandra the Queen's middle name? (Just checked ... yes, it is.)  Alexandrina was Queen Victoria's, as well.  She was known as Drina before becoming Queen.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Eri

Quote from: Liquorice on July 24, 2013, 06:05:08 PM
As I wrote on the other thread, my theory is they chose names fit for a king. They didn't honour any relative or acquaintance !

For me, it is George for the Saint Patron of England, Alexander for Alexander the Great and Louis for Louis XIV.

The Admiral Mountbatten is just an excuse for using the name Louis !  They just wanted to wish their sons a reign as fortunate as Alexander's and Louis's ones !
I agree they wanted a "King" sounding name  :windsor1:.