The Late QEII and the late DoE birthdays, anniversaries and personal milestones

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 18, 2020, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

I wonder how he spends his time. I know he still likes to read, but he was always so active. He probably wishes he was back at Woods Farm checking on his truffles, or perhaps starting another interesting project. I suspect he is ok mentally, since he took to the air waves to express thanks to the medical heroes....and that was before everyone else did. As you know, he rarely speaks out. I hope he can drive a carriage again when this is over.

TLLK

The couple pictured viewing cards from well-wishers including one created by their Cambridge great-grandchildren.

Twitter

Quotethe Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh look at an anniversary card made by Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, alongside other cards and letters sent by well-wishers to celebrate their 73rd wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Curryong

A very happy anniversary wish for the Queen and Prince Philip. 73 years is quite an achievement and something most of us will never reach, unfortunately. Hope the have a wonderful day.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip! 

:wed: :wed: :wed: :wed: :wed: :wed: :wed: :wed:

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Very nice anniversary card from Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

TLLK

Lady Pamela Mountbatten Hicks and her daughter India Hicks shared photos of the bridesmaid dresses that each wore in BRF weddings.
Lady Pamela's dress worn for the wedding of Princess Elizabeth and Lt. Phillip Mountbatten on the left and India's dress worn for the wedding of the PoW and the Lady Diana Spencer on the right. Posting this because it is related to the Queen and DoE's wedding anniversary. :wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH7uXhQHeht/

LouisFerdinand

India probably recalls vividly how long Lady Diana's twenty-five foot train really was.

sara8150

A thread for the birthdays, personal anniversaries and milestones for QEII and the late DoE

Queen Elizabeth 95th Birthday Coin | PEOPLE.com

LouisFerdinand

I like the 2 pound coin commemorating novelist Sir Walter Scott's birth 250 years ago.   

:xmas8: :xmas8: :xmas8:

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 95th Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen.

Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born on 21st April 1926 in Mayfair, London.

She became Queen in 1952 and in 2022 will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee.

https://twitter.com/Royal_Circular/status/1384644308138176513?s=20

TLLK

Macrobug67

TLLK

Curryong

It?s not the Queen?s birthday quite yet, is it? But anyway, here?s wishing her many happy returns, especially for her Platinum Jubliee next year. Hope she spends a peaceful and relatively happy day this Wednesday.

Blue Clover

TudorQueen

Almost missed it, but still her birthday here for another hour and a half. Happy birthday to HM.  :flower3:

I love this photo majesty magazine posted to celebrate her birthday.

Royal Windsor Horse Show - On the occasion of Her Majesty The Queen?s 95th Birthday, the Committee and show office would like to send Her Majesty

TLLK

@TudorQueen - Truly one of the best portraits that I've ever seen of HM with her beloved horses.