Duke & Duchess of Sussex future engagements in the UK

Started by wannable, May 01, 2019, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

They made a video marking Black History Month UK. That's not a political gesture. They also nominated some prominent persons of colour who are British citizens. That's not a political gesture either.

If Prince Charles had tweeted about Black History Month in the UK nobody would have said anything. But because it's the Sussexes, everything is regarded as being radical and against the BRF belief system!

Royals go into mosques, some British Jews would regard that as offensive. They also attend synagogues on occasion. Some British Muslims would be against that. Not everything veers into a political, no go zone.

Double post auto-merged: October 02, 2020, 07:51:25 AM

Black History Month was first celebrated in the UK in 1987. That is well over thirty years ago. It has been commemorated annually ever since. (It began in the US in 1926, and is also celebrated in the Netherlands.

Black History Month - Wikipedia

Curryong

Harry's keeping in touch with his charities in England!

Marathon Runners with a Special Video Message. "The extraordinary spirit of the London Marathon will continue to shine across the globe."
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...video-message/

Prince Harry Surprises Marathon Runners in Person in Los Angeles. "The Duke of Sussex took an adorable snap with the husband and wife teammates."
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...source=twitter

wannable

I'm sure he'd had been in person, and probably had participated like Countess of Wessex in the London Marathon. 

wannable

Saturday 09/10 the MH podcast with Harry and Meghan

Omid Scobie
@scobie
In honour of #WorldMentalHealthDay, Harry and Meghan joined the @TeenagerTherapy podcast for a discussion about prioritising mental health, removing the stigma around the issue, and how we can all contribute to a healthier world: physically, mentally, emotionally, holistically.

Teenager Therapy
@TeenagerTherapy

A CONVERSATION WITH THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX!!

DROPPING TOMORROW IN LIGHT OF #WorldMentalHealthDay

FanDianaFancy

They , Meghan that is, supported and endorsed Biden-Harris although she did so without actually mentioning their ticket.
If Biden- Harris wins, look for Megs and her comical sidekick, Henry, to be at POTUS inaugural balls.

I wonder how that will be with Covid19 virus.

Curryong

Harry and Meghan chat to five teenagers about coping with mental health and being bullied  trolled in the Internet Age. It's an important subject and it's good that it's being discussed in this podcast for World Mental Health Day.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make podcast debut on World Mental Health Da | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: October 10, 2020, 10:24:37 PM

Meghan clarifies her 'not Okay' comment on the SA tour, in a reply on the mental health podcast, explaining that she gave the interview to Bradby feeling exhausted and as a new breastfeeding mum.

Meghan Markle Not Okay Breastfeeding Exhaustion | PEOPLE.com

Macrobug67

I?m glad she was honest.  New moms do not need to hear that every thing is dandy fine.   Too often they are told that motherhood is the best thing ever and it should be bliss.  It?s not.  Women are tired, bewildered, hurting, hormonal flooding, unshowered, overwhelmed and distressed over the changes to their bodies.  The last thing they need is some famous new mom telling the world how perfect and easy it is.   

TLLK

Glad that this remark has been clarified and that Megan was honest about what was going on in her life at the time. Nursing a baby is very time consuming even with help from paid staff or family members. Even pumping and having someone else bottle feed the baby is very time consuming for the mother.

wannable

Her not being OK done in the backyard of raped girls and women, immediately after visiting poor people with no hopes is not a good look.

People should weigh in the good over the bad, count their blessings. 

Double post auto-merged: October 12, 2020, 02:17:39 PM

I believe, since they live and purchased in California, they should associate and be active with MH in that state.

Sources
A recent report by the California Health Care Foundation estimated 7.6 percent of children in California?or one in 13?has a ?serious emotional disturbance,? and the rate climbs to 10 percent among the state's poorest children.

Children's mental health a cause for concern in report on California youth, family substance abuse and poverty are the underlying causes.

Curryong

By the way the Sussex podcast has really taken off due to their informal chat with the teenagers about mental health, Internet bullying etc. The Teenagers Talking have gained almost 10K followers and the video hit a million views on YouTube. No doubt they are thrilled with the exposure and reach it has provided. That was the point after all. Bringing more attention to causes and people.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on October 13, 2020, 04:30:49 PM
By the way the Sussex podcast has really taken off due to their informal chat with the teenagers about mental health, Internet bullying etc. The Teenagers Talking have gained almost 10K followers and the video hit a million views on YouTube. No doubt they are thrilled with the exposure and reach it has provided. That was the point after all. Bringing more attention to causes and people.
Harry has a lot of credibility after what he has gone through and about which he has been open and honest.  I'm so glad that he is still serious about the issue, as he and Meghan worked with the Cambridges on mental health during what seems like ages ago.  It is an issue they all felt is important, and I agree with them.  And now it is being highlighted on both sides of the Atlantic, which is super. 

wannable

A new engagement, this one is for free registration and live viewing.

TIME
@TIME
Join us on Oct. 20th for a special #TIME100Talks hosted by Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will host a specially curated edition of #TIME100Talks on the state of our shared digital experience
Register now: FEATURING: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Alexis Ohanian, Maria Ressa, and more

TLLK

I am considering the source, but it is possible that Prince Harry wouldn't attend as he is no longer considered to be a working member of the BRF. 2020 will mark the 100th anniversary since the Cenotaph was erected.

Prince Harry will not attend the Remembrance Sunday service next month | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry will not be joining the Royals for this year's Remembrance Sunday service.

Members of the Royal Family and dignitaries will attend the Cenotaph next month to lay wreaths to remember the fallen in an event which has been scaled down due to coronavirus.

It is expected that Prince Charles, Prince William and Princess Anne will lay wreaths while the Queen, Kate and Camilla will line up on the Foreign Office balcony.

Double post auto-merged: October 21, 2020, 03:02:42 PM

The Sussexes unveil the Archewell website.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new website finally unveiled: royal news | HELLO!

TLLK

Prince Harry Teams Up with Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart | PEOPLE.com

FB
Tweet
prince harry

Prince Harry is joining a star-studded lineup for a great cause.

The Duke of Sussex, 36, is set to appear on the 14th Annual Stand Up for Heroes Event, which is slated to air virtually for the first time ever on November 18. He'll join big names in entertainment also making appearances such as musicians Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, Brad Paisley and more as well as comedians including Ray Romano, Tiffany Haddish and Iliza Shlesinger. The event will be hosted by Jon Stewart.

Stand Up for Heroes launched in 2007 as the brainchild of Bob and Lee Woodruff and New York Comedy Festival founders Caroline Hirsch and Andrew Fox to honor the nation's injured veterans and their families. The New York City-based event has raised more than $55 million to support service members.

Curryong

An excellent concept, and one that will, hopefully bring some millions in donations into the coffers. I hope it does very well. In these times we need all the entertainment we can get!

Curryong

"Prince Harry surprised some of our previous WellChild Award winners on a recent zoom call. See the moment for yourself & hear their thoughts on why the #WellChildAwards, in association with @GSK, are so important. Watch the full video & nominate at http://wellchild.org.uk/awards"

https://twitter.com/i/status/13373063

I think that was a lovely thought of Harry's and I'm sure it was appreciated. Very sick children couldn't gather together in this climate anyway, but Harry has kept this charity next to his heart.

Curryong

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce partnership with Jose Andr?s of The World Central Kitchen

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

When Meghan was on CNN she was highlighting this fantastic organisation. WCK tackles world hunger at the grass roots level in disadvantaged nations. The Sussexes will be donating about $50,000 per 'Kitchen' via Archewell to start up in countries like Puerto Rico. A fabulous start to the Archewell partnerships.

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2020, 09:58:57 PM

Modify button gone again!

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2020, 10:04:55 PM

Four community relief centres to be built with World Central Kitchens and Archewell.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Archewell Teams Up With Jos? Andr?s' World Central Kitchen | Entertainment Tonight

TLLK

@Curryong-I've let @Blue Clover know that the modify button is not available on the Sussex forum.

Thank you for sharing the news about Archewell and the World Central Kitchen. Sounds like a great partnership. :xmas17:

PrincessOfPeace

Interesting but perhaps not surprising that these organisations all use Sunshine Sachs as their PR people. The same PR as Meghan and Harry use.

wannable

I got to know about Jose Andres via several shows in Netflix; food programme and the other country visits/per episode which impacted the most, as JA was feeding people of Puerto Rico after the hurricane Maria destroyed all power lines, flooding.

His initiative is great, I think he is expanding to cooking schooling during those relief visits, so people can have 1 or another skill in their CV/job seeking.  He knows it's not sustainable to do an Africa 'forever' situation, people get used to being relieved by an organization without efforts of investing infrastructure for the basic needs, water.

Having said that, being both managed by Sunshine Sach is a good thing, because management knows them both. It's a win win project.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Honestly I don't have a problem with the promotion. With small, local businesses needing all the help they can receive this year, I don't see an issue. Afterall the royals were more or less giving the Luminate display (before the announcement that it has to shut down) at Sandringham some help by attending the walk and royal warrants  have long been seen  in London, Edinburgh etc.. Now it is true that  the Sussexes are investors in the company so they have an additional incentive to help it survive, but all in all if it helps keep more people safely employed in a troubled year, I'm okay with it. :xmas4:

Curryong

If Kim Kardashion wants to jump on the band wagon re this coffee that's up to her. Meghan is an investor in the brand not the owner. She's never met KK in her life and therefore wouldn't be contacting her to do anything. The owner's probably happy about it (any publicity is good publicity when you own a brand) but so what. Nothing to do with the Sussexes.

KK once sent a sample parcel of baby clothes to the Palace when Meghan was expecting Archie but they got sent straight back. That's how friendly the couple are with her, lol.

TLLK

We have a Christmas Card with an artistic rendering of  the three family members and two dogs.  :xmas21:

QuoteThe drawing is based on a photo of the family taken by Meghan's mum, Doria Ragland.

A spokesperson for the family said: "The original photo of the family was taken at their home earlier this month by The Duchess?s mother.

It was sent earlier to their charities and this one was shared by someone at Mayhew.

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Archie release adorable Christmas card | HELLO!

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released a festive family card with their 18-month-old son Archie as they prepare to celebrate their first Christmas together in the US.

The card, which was shared to the Mayhew charity's social media accounts, features an artistic rendering of the family as they pose in the garden of their California home.

Curryong

I suppose the first thing I noticed is how much Archie has grown. He is now an adorable little boy not a cute baby. Love the dog members of the family being their too. However, I don't know whether it's the Hallo reproduction or what, but the colours look extremely bright, even garish. Nonetheless, a happy little family group, and it's great that Doria took the photo. Maybe she is staying with the Sussexes fulltime now.