Equestrian News for Princess Anne, Zara and family

Started by TLLK, June 28, 2017, 02:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

LouisFerdinand

It is wonderful to see three generations of ladies seriously interested in horses: Queen Elizabeth II, Princess Anne, and Zara.

wannable

I'm half and half with the idea of old powerful, rich and famous people yet competing, but the other half tells me, they should give back to the sport by taking real actions in helping the next generation, especially during these hard times, many sport talent that don't have the resources, its quite shocking the number. I am now sure that there will be a gap of next gen possible and we will never see what might have been.

In the UK, Zara Tindall and Andy Murray come to mind.

Curryong

Are we talking about equestrian sport or all sports? After all, some, like yachting, polo and competitive equestrian require very deep pockets indeed.

I mean, I think we all know that if Zara, or Anne for that matter, had been the child of a local supermarket or postal worker they would probably have not been able to reach the Olympic level, simply because the financial cost would be almost insummountable.

In the case of tennis I suppose professional athletes are driven by their competitiveness even when their bodies are getting past it. However I have wondered in the last few years how long people like Federer and Serena intend to go on for. Why not retire, Serena, and help someone younger achieve their potential?

wannable

All sports, as today there are big clubs, associations that are sponsoring rookies that have real potential identified and no financial resources. But the number of big clubs and associations are minimum compared to the entire universal list.

I love Serena, I'm half/half, I think she would be great if she joined forces to demand the 21st placing to 250 Women's Tennis Association that haven't received a penny during the past 6 months, no social security, no nothing (as was denounced during the US Open). Her answer was, she wants to learn more to comment about the newly formed PTPA, only athletes that want to help their fellow athletes, there is no men and women in suits here.

Double post auto-merged: September 12, 2020, 04:32:41 PM

ETA, the United Kingdom has the best worldwide ''draft'' to emulate so to speak, they have as royal watchers know in Rugby with Harry, Football with William and Tennis with Kate, the programs, the pensions, the rookie financial help, including last year's regatta, 380/400 boat divisions from clubs that depend on community and member's benefactors. 

In the US Open, the GB players, except Andy and his brother all had financial help from Kate's Association of Tennis and Wimbledon organization.  Many US, Latin America, European country men/women couldn't attend.  The famous top 20 who didn't show up were afraid of Covid19, but out of the top 20 massively signed up with the new PTPA.

wannable

Back in the saddle! Zara Tindall returns to eventing four months after giving birth to her son Lucas as she competes at The Barbury Castle International Horse Trials

40 years old and still competing.  🥇

TLLK

wannable

Yes she does, I chose that picture because it's who she is and amazingly competing at age 40.  :vday2:

TudorQueen

She always looks happy when she is on or around horses. But yes she is positively beaming on her horse  :flower3:

Fortunately for her riding is one of those sports people can do competitively for much longer then other sports out there. In Canada our top guy was Ian Miller for years. He was competing in the PanAm games in 2015 at 68 years old. He officially retired in 2019.

PrincessOfPeace

Zara competed at the World Equestrian Festival CHIO Aachen 2021 in Aachen, Germany, today.

TT Nyhetsbyr?n

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

One of the few sports in which human athletes can have a longer than average career. I am happy to see Zara back in the ring, it's one of the reminders that things are slowly returning to how it was before the pandemic.

PrincessOfPeace

Mike Tindall takes Lena, Mia and baby Lucas to watch Zara compete at Cheltenham Horse Trials - and cousins Savannah and Isla Phillips join in on the fun too.

Lena and Mia Tindall join Savannah and Isla Phillips to celebrate Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

Zara competed at the Chatsworth International Horse Trails at Chatsworth House, Bakewell, today:

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1864916