The Dutch Royal Family General Chat

Started by TLLK, July 17, 2020, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

A well-written article. It is interesting that Count Claus-Casimir is the only grandson.s

TLLK

Yes especially when you consider that the previous generation (King W-A's) was dominate by boys! Now it's primarily girls.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 04, 2021, 02:32:23 AM
Yes especially when you consider that the previous generation (King W-A's) was dominate by boys! Now it's primarily girls.

Yes, but Queen Wilhelmina had one daughter, Juliana, who had only daughters herself. It was her oldest daughter  Beatrix who had a surfeit of boys. Before her you have to go back to the mid 19th century and Wilhelmina?s father Wilhelm III to find sons, (three of them)  by his first marriage, all of whom unfortunately predeceased him. So I think Beatrix?s offspring (W-A and his brothers) were an exception in the last hundred years or so of the NRH, not the rule, and the continuation of mainly Queen regnants looks as if it?s going to continue for the next reign at least!

Blue Clover

Very nice grand children, so many girls. Only one boy in this generation.

Blue Clover

UWC is very popular among the young royals. I bet its a stimulating environment.

TLLK

Great family photos of the Dutch Royals with bright smiles and everyone wearing their own choice. (Well maybe the ladies helped Papa select his outfit.) I'm expecting that Ariane will be as tall or even taller than Amalia.

Here's a short video of the photo session. I just realized that this might be one of the first ones held at their new home Huis ten Bosch Palace.

Willem-Alexander verklapt: ultieme vakantie is in Griekenland, op de boot, zonder beveiliging - YouTube

Curryong

I enjoyed that clip, with the happy family. Yes, I think these three young ladies are certainly going to be tall. They look happy and refreshed. Hope they?re enjoying their new home. There are several European heirs to thrones now who are going to tower over many of their subjects!

TudorQueen

Have they not been living there for two years now?

Great photos. You can see the definite personalities coming through in the girls and their clothing choices. I love they clearly have some freedom.

And yes like many of the other young royal heirs/spares they are shooting up in height compared to the last generation.

Month now and the dynamics will sure change. Amalia will start her gap year doing internships and travel. Alexia will be in Wales at boarding school. This summer is definitely ringing in big changes for them.

TLLK

You're correct @TudorQueen that the family has been residing at Huis ten Bosch for awhile now. For some reason I thought last year's session was cancelled, but they held it with safety precautions.

Blue Clover

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Alexia leaves for the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales. For the next two years she will be pursuing her International Baccalaureate. Princess Alexia completed the fourth year of the Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet last school year.

https://twitter.com/koninklijkhuis/status/1432271127028568066?s=20

Princess Alexia to attend United World College of the Atlantic in Wales | News item | Royal House of the Netherlands

Macrobug67

Curryong

Alexia is on her way, self confident and looking forward to life at the UWC I bet! Good luck to her!

Macrobug67

Can?t help but think she will be the trouble maker.  Good marks but causing mayhem.   Meanwhile Leonor will have a small group of like-minded friends - serious, smart, quiet, good students, slightly nerdy. 

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on August 30, 2021, 01:55:23 PM
Can?t help but think she will be the trouble maker.  Good marks but causing mayhem.   Meanwhile Leonor will have a small group of like-minded friends - serious, smart, quiet, good students, slightly nerdy.

Yes, I think that?s a spot on reading of both of them. I think Alexia has all her mother?s exuberance. But I?m sure Leonor will enjoy things in her own placid way as well.

TLLK

Best wishes to Alexia for a happy and successful school year.
@Macrobug67 - I agree with your assessment of both girls' personalities. I do expect that at some point though that we'll see a photo of the two princesses together at their activities.

TudorQueen

She looks excited and ready to head off.

She always seems a bit more confident then Leonor. I see her being the more social butterfly at school for sure. Leonor the book worm with close circle.

PrincessOfPeace

On the occasion of World Animal Day King Willem-Alexander has photographed 'the newest member of the royal family': Mambo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUmWUY1s-a0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Curryong

Alexia and friends. Certainly a new take on school photos but typical teenagers. Of course the photos got online and then into a magazine. .

ZIEN: Prinses Alexia gaat los op nieuwe school - Ditjes & Datjes

Do you think Alexia is meeting a heap of new friends at Atlantic College, and just might be mixing with a different crowd to Prss Eleanor of Spain, lol?

Nightowl

I gather Princess Alexia has a bit of the wild streak in her. Just have to wait and see how she handles this...lol

Curryong

Some more photos from the same event. Her parents will probably just laugh I should think.

Macrobug67

Heavens.  Just teens being teens.  And yep.  I think Alexia and Leonor likely don?t hang out together.   Leonor was up in the library, wearing a big hoodie, studying quietly with a small group of like minded kids.

And both groups of girls are adorable in their own ways.

TLLK

I agree that the two likely have different interests and friends groups. According to the Dutch posters on TRF, Dutch media won't print the photo of Alexia due to their media code to protect the princesses from intrusive attention.