Meghan's Fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, May 25, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

[gmod]Such a shame we have to resort to this yet again.... IMO Meghan is more than just a wearer of clobber - but hey ho, if Members wish to discuss then here is the place. SCxx[/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

Hi @SophieChloe what do you mean more than just a wearer of clobber? She herself had a site promoting, plugging clothing, accessories. Any and everything of her lifestyle she marketed it personally.  Each and All brands, sponsored freebies, she plugged at her TIG website. Her inspiration to open her own site was Gweneth Paltrow.

I suppose all the clothes and accessories she wears now will not be naturally or organically sourced as she previously lived (or tried).  As clearly her engagement and first walk as bride, aren' naturally or organically sourced.

These brand new clothes are  from actual season promotion, so I'm not sure how there may be sold out items, i.e. USD 600 handbag Contrasting to sold out past year to even 2 years past fashion promotions that are marked on offer a la Kate. 

Now, I've taken my time to read tweets from all seasoned Royal correspondents, whom declared there seems to be an exaggeration by various of their colleagues in Meghan Mania, to crowds hundreds rather than thousands. Without pinpointing, the read is quite interesting.

FanDianaFancy

MM is lovely. Great shape. Legs are shapely, but more bony. Kate has great legs.

MM can wear anything. Like Kate, anything. MM will be designers dream .

MM can look good in anything.
Hair is Perfect, Color, Body, Fullness.
Face, sweet, fresh face. Minimal looking makeup.
Posture, perfect.
Sleeveless gowns, one shoulder, she can wear it all. Prints and solids, fine.

:xmas17:

sara8150

Meghan's secret style inspiration? How royal bride-to-be has been channelling JFK Jr's wife Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy - after calling her wedding dress her 'everything goals'
How Meghan has been channelling Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 05, 2017, 04:40:27 PM

How to get Meghan Markle's fashion looks for less
How to get Meghan Markle's fashion looks for less

Izabella

:shrug: okay, so they are wearing a beige skirt and black shirt. Can pull any photo of some celeb and say they are emulating them.*eye roll* Gonna finish watching Seals and drool over David. Tuesdays just got better! :xmas1:

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on December 03, 2017, 05:20:25 PM
Hi @SophieChloe what do you mean more than just a wearer of clobber?

I mean what I said.  There is more to her than Clobber  :shrug:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Izabella

Meghan Markle once wanted to be more like Ivanka Trump

QuoteShe also built her own line of clothing and jewelry, which Markle admitted she liked to gaze at on her computer, ?staring longingly at the beautiful designs".

Kritter

QuoteMeghan had also been making her mark in humanitarian circles for a number of years, doing work with organizations such as World Vision, the United Nations, One Young World and Myna Mahila Foundation to gender equality. For International Women?s Day, she penned an essay for Time?s website that the global stigma around menstruation.

I imagine her adoration for Ivanka has changed quite a bit after the truth about all the Trumps has finally been realized.

wannable

wannable

Dan Wootton‏
@danwootton

EXCLUSIVE Meghan Markle has bonded with showbiz royalty Victoria Beckham after they share beauty tips
Prince Harry?s fianc?e Meghan Markle forms secret friendship with Victoria Beckham after bonding over A-list beauty rituals ?

TLLK

Hope that Meghan packed her summer wear for her SoCal visit. Temps have been in the mid-low eighties for about a week now.

Kritter

Meghan Markle's handbag worn during Nottingham visit is being auctioned | Metro News
It?s a guarantee that, from now on, anything Meghan Markle wears will sell out in seconds.

And the burgundy, navy and vanilla Strathberry leather bag she wore for her first official outing with fiance Prince Harry in Nottingham on Friday 1 December was no exception.

Within 11 minutes of the nano tote?s outing on Meghan?s arm, it had sold out online.

But if you were one of the unlucky ones or were just too slow to get your hands on Meghan?s bag, fear not ? there is still one available.

One special little bag has been kept back and is being auctioned off in the name of charity to rise some cash.

TLLK

Here is a good close up of Meghan's engagement ring taken today after the luncheon. You also get a peek at the cut outs and embroidery work on her dress.

Rookie (@royalfocus1) | Twitter (scroll down)

Fashionistas are claiming its from Self Portrait. :xmas4:

Twitter Full black skirt with the open cutouts throughout the bodice and sleeves with a solid black collar.

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2017, 10:50:28 PM

Meghan's earrings from today

Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

TLLK

Victoria Beckham cashmere sweater for the engagement photos.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry news: Victoria Beckham dresses Meghan for engagement pics | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

QuoteThe second, more intimate photo, is black and white and shows the couple close up, and Meghan wears a ?690 Victoria Beckham sweater for the picture. The classic crewneck is from the SS18 Ready-to-Wear collection.

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2017, 08:39:09 PM

MEGHAN MARKLE Wear $5995 Birks DIAMOND EARRINGS for OFFICIAL ARRIVAL at BUCKINGHAM PALACE Xmas Lunch - YouTube

Kritter

Meghan Markle fans track down engagement shoot replicas | Daily Mail Online

QuoteWithin hours of their release, bloggers at MeghansMirror.com, which charts the former actress's wardrobe piece by piece, had tracked down the best replica looks on the net - and they come at just a fraction of the price of the real thing.

For fans who want to emulate the future princess's look, MM suggests a $428 (?320) frock by Japanese designer Tadasha Soji along with a string of cheaper options from Aidan Mattox, Unique Vintage and Jessica Howard.

The site also suggests a convincing dupe of her yellow gold and diamond ring - a $45 (?34) 'Diamonique' band from QVC. 

They believe they have even tracked down the exact shade of Meghan's nail varnish,  a nude hue from Rimmel's Gel Polish that costs just ?5.99.

WOW   :runaway:

Curryong

I have to say that I'm always amazed by people who are really into fashion and accessories in a big way. Within an hour or so or even less they can usually say where an outfit or shoes was bought, the brand, where you can get something similar cheaper etc. Its like their brains are a laser on that particular subject.

TLLK

@Curryong-I too am amazed at those who can identify what any of the royal ladies or other public figures wear in such a short period of  time.

wannable

Meghan Markle makes stylish appearance at Sandringham

The only thing I don't like is the slouchy boots look, she's worn to Nottingham and Sandringham. Perhaps because her legs are too skinny so the long boot tends to slouch.  I think with this cold weather, thick tights with ankle boots would favor her.

Or richly weaved long sock boot to hold in place. The expensive kind, the cheaper versions look badly executed.

psm

Even though I have a lot of reservations about MM, I've always said that she is very beautiful and based on her past photos, very stylish and has a good taste, Tig layout and her house.

However so far she's been underwhelming. I did not like the outfit. Coat overwhelms her. Hat doesn't suit her face. Boots are slouchy again.

I've been thinking that she does not look as good as I thought she did since engagement announcement and today I went back to her Instagram to see what was different. It is her eyebrows, makeup and her hair. Some of her Instagram photos are absolutely gorgeous. So far, including her engagement photos, I haven't found her as beautiful.

Curryong

Quote from: psm on December 25, 2017, 04:54:42 PM
Even though I have a lot of reservations about MM, I've always said that she is very beautiful and based on her past photos, very stylish and has a good taste, Tig layout and her house.

However so far she's been underwhelming. I did not like the outfit. Coat overwhelms her. Hat doesn't suit her face. Boots are slouchy again.

I've been thinking that she does not look as good as I thought she did since engagement announcement and today I went back to her Instagram to see what was different. It is her eyebrows, makeup and her hair. Some of her Instagram photos are absolutely gorgeous. So far, including her engagement photos, I haven't found her as beautiful.

As you don't particularly like Meghan and have ofthe posted criticisms of her here in one form or another, I don't find that surprising.

tiaras

Quote from: psm on December 25, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

She is beautiful but I think I know what it is. It's her royal style. Kate had years to get used to the fasinators/coat dresses and royal dressing that everyone loves to call boring but she looked like she fitted in from the start. Meghan hasn't had the time to get a look for these types of events. Hopefully she'll find her way.

wannable

Kate is also British, they tend to go full on with hats and fasinators to weddings, whilst in the USA not.

There are loads of pictures of Kate when single doing the very British dress code for such ocassions. Day time weddings in the USA do not dress like the British culture.

http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG8571345/m/kate-blue-coat-sto_1919220a.jpg

psm

^^ That may be the case. Hats and fascinators are tricky. I have no idea what would go well with my face. I've always thought Kate was lucky to have a face that almost all hats suit her. I was looking forward to Meghan's hat game. But this was not the hat for her. She also needs to try more form fitting and structured coats. The UK is cold and she will be wearing a lot of them.

^ I loved Kate's pre-wedding style a lot. She looks so pretty. I liked her style in the first years. But the last few years, she became boring, maybe playing too safe? Maybe because she has little ones she isn't focusing on fashion. I can't put my finger on. But I remember loving to see what she wore, how she looked; not so much now. Pity, because she is very pretty and has a killer body.

Curryong - No, I don't like her so far, I sense her thirst (something I dislike, I don't like people seeking fame and attention) and am surprised her actions, which would draw criticisms if done by others, are mostly excused. But I've always praised her style and beauty and said it would be fun if she joined the BRF, I like fashion. Indeed I praised her beauty again. Like I said, I went to her Instagram to see what was different with her face. I like her with thicker and straight eyebrows and her old makeup suited her better. I also liked how she did different hair styles, she is blessed wit a bone structure that she can try almost anything. But so far, it's been the same hair and I find that boring.

Curryong

I see, Thankyou. Well, I disagree about Meghan's personality obviously, psm, but at least you are attempting to be fair about her looks.

TLLK

Tom and Lorenzo's blog post about the Christmas fashions.
QuoteDarlings, this is what the world needs now: incredibly wealthy and privileged folks modeling fabulous outerwear and accessories on their way into church. It?s the Christmas of our dreams.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/12/prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-at-christmas-day-church-service/

I found this paragraph interesting. :xmas4:

QuoteIt?s fun to imagine all sorts of soap opera scenarios with this foursome, but we think this appearance indicates just how much of a force they?re going to collectively be for the monarchy in this century. The brothers learned a lot watching their parents? respective relationships play out with the press and the public and we think pretty much every private and public decision they?ve made in the last few years have been about securing and strengthening their image in the minds of the public.