Main Menu

Hi!

Started by DaisyMeRollin, May 21, 2014, 11:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyMeRollin

I wanted to preface this with I wasn't sure whether I should bump a previous introductory thread or not, regardless hello.

I noticed that the new Chelsy Davy thread was given the ax, yet again, thanks to a few of the same posters, unfortunately.

There was also an advisory dealt out by a moderator in anticipation of the inevitable:

QuoteA message to our users: the forum is happy to host content which facilitates discussions deemed relevant and of interest to our members, and this includes the current and past girlfriends of Prince Harry. Threads will remain active for as long as they generate interest on the forum and within the media respectively. We understand that such topics may not interest all of our members. However there are considerable numbers of members (and guests) who are interested in following such discussions and stories, and with this in mind we respectfully ask that those who are disinterested in such topics extend due respect and room to those who enjoy these threads and wish to participate in related conversations with each other. Thank you. Any comments that discourage or debase the personal interests and opinions of others may be removed in accordance with our community standards (Rules and Etiquette ).

I happen to be one of those guests. [sarcasm]Thank you so much for allowing your subjective ideas of two people's identities ruin, not one, but two threads about Chelsy Davy. Really appreciate it![/sarcasm]

Though I was not exactly a fan of Davy in her early years, it has been interesting to see her career and personal growth over the years . I assume the previous threads' closures are precedent for future threads on Davy? Very disappointing.
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Limabeany

:cheer: :hi7: :cheer:

Welcome, Daisy!!
So lovely to have you here! Your interest and insightful post is greatly appreciated.  :hug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

:hi: Welcome to the forum DaisyMeRollin

I was like you when Chelsy first came on the scene.  I bought into the media spin that she was the Marilyn to Kate's Jackie.  But then as I began to follow them, I realized there was a lot more to her than what was being sold to us. 

I know you're disappointed that her thread was shut down, as am I, but I hope you'll still find other threads to post in
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

georgiana996

:hi: welcome !

What I noticed happening is people going off topic just to give their opinion about fellow members because they disagreed with them instead of talking about chelsy . Positive or negative we have a right to give out opinion and picking on other people is not right , talk about the person not the forum member .

Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Lothwen

^Exactly :thumbsup:

To borrow from another forum "Dish on the royals, not each other"
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

marine2109

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Orchid

Welcome to the forum, Daisymerollin.  Fab name!

There's always manoeuvrability to reopen threads, so if Chelsy Davy is a topic of particular interest to you, don't lose heart.  We are not creating a blanket ban on any and all Chesly-based topics.  :computer:
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: Orchid on May 22, 2014, 11:41:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, Daisymerollin.  Fab name!

There's always manoeuvrability to reopen threads, so if Chelsy Davy is a topic of particular interest to you, don't lose heart.  We are not creating a blanket ban on any and all Chesly-based topics.  :computer:

Good to hear. I noticed a third was posted. Let's hope the third is the charm.

Thank you for the greetings.
"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

TLLK

Quote from: Lothwen on May 22, 2014, 03:03:26 AM
^Exactly :thumbsup:

To borrow from another forum "Dish on the royals, not each other"
Always a wise saying.

Jenee

Welcome to the forum! I also like to follow Chelsy's life/career. She's an interesting woman!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

HereditaryPrincess

A belated :welcome:! Your user name is great.

Graceanne

Hello Daisymerollin.  Interesting name choice.  :D

You should consider it though. Chelsy is a private citizen who is rarely featured in the media or on reputable websites.  Most information posted and discussed come from fansites who have stolen the information from facebook pages. Having monitored some of these sites, I've seen photoshopped pictures as well as a lot of information that has been proven false. Add to that several posters that use some of this private information to claim they 'know it first hand', it just seems like an unnecessary risk to the site. Especially considering that Chelsy is not only a private citizen but also an attorney.

Limabeany

:flower: :welcome: :flower:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

DaisyMeRollin

Quote from: Graceanne on June 06, 2014, 05:36:28 AM
Hello Daisymerollin.  Interesting name choice.  :D

You should consider it though. Chelsy is a private citizen who is rarely featured in the media or on reputable websites.  Most information posted and discussed come from fansites who have stolen the information from facebook pages. Having monitored some of these sites, I've seen photoshopped pictures as well as a lot of information that has been proven false. Add to that several posters that use some of this private information to claim they 'know it first hand', it just seems like an unnecessary risk to the site. Especially considering that Chelsy is not only a private citizen but also an attorney.

I completely agree with you, and I've noticed the same. I guess you may have seen the fall-out and decimation that happened yesterday.

And a big howdy-doo to you too!