Books, films and television programs about the Wales' Children

Started by Princess Cassandra, January 18, 2020, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

While I agree that Anna and Elsa are iconic Disney characters, keep in mind "Frozen" was partially based on a fairytale "The Snow Queen" and Gary Jenetti production "The Prince" will be based upon real people and the story line will reportedly be based in part on real life events in the Windsor family.

Quote?The first episode will probably be just, like, a day in the life of George?a typical George day,? said Janetti, who is about to start writing the series and will voice George himself. ?We see George has his own butler, Owen, who is voiced by Alan Cumming. We will see how Buckingham Palace is just George?s little pied-?-terre in London. We?ll see George at school. We?ll see George interacting with his family and his siblings??including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, who will all be supporting characters.

Janetti said The Prince will not veer too often into real-life royal events?in part because of the production delay required to make an animated series. That said, Janetti?s George?whom he has described as King Lear, but six years old?is obsessed with the power being dangled in front of him, his press clippings, and his P.R. ranking within the royal family. As such, Janetti sees Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s recent, controversial decision to split from the monarchy as particularly juicy subject matter for The Prince to tackle.[/quote]

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 25, 2020, 02:08:53 PM
Princesses are intriguing. If there were a Princess in the series it would be popular. Princesses Anna And Elsa are two of the most iconic cartoon princesses on the planet.
I daresay the network assumes it will be popular with George as the main character or they woudlnt' be doing it.  Charlotte is not the heir.. and given that it is going to be a satiricial programme, the odds are that the main character is not going to be treated as an angelic charming figure..

sandy

Charlotte is the first Princess born to a direct Heir since 1950. I hope she is not overlooked because of the "rules." Maybe they are assuming wrong.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2020, 02:21:51 PM
While I agree that Anna and Elsa are iconic Disney characters, keep in mind "Frozen" was partially based on a fairytale "The Snow Queen" and Gary Jenetti production "The Prince" will be based upon real people and the story line will reportedly be based on real life events in the Windsor family.
True, it will probably be full of sarcastic jokes and not exactly adoring of the RF or the main protagonist

TLLK

Quotethat the main character is not going to be treated as an angelic charming figure..

No reportedly he's going to be a  "King Lear" type of character.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 25, 2020, 02:23:43 PM
Charlotte is the first Princess born to a direct Heir since 1950. I hope she is not overlooked because of the "rules." Maybe they are assuming wrong.
What rules??  This isn't about the real George or Charlotte, it is a satirical comedy, which will use the characters images very loosely...

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2020, 02:25:21 PM

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2020, 02:24:07 PM
No reportedly he's going to be a  "King Lear" type of character.
Do you mean Crazy or an old man??!! :teehee:

TLLK

QuoteCharlotte is the first Princess born to a direct Heir since 1950. I hope she is not overlooked because of the "rules." Maybe they are assuming wrong.

@sandy-According to the producers, Charlotte will be a background character just like QEII, Catherine, Meghan, Princess Anne etc...The focus of the show will be on the title character-George.

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2020, 02:26:29 PM

@QueenAlex-The former. :hehe:

TLLK

@sandy-They're likely not happy about it but unless the script/story line goes into subject matter that is inappropriate there isn't much they can do except make statements  about being disappointed or concerned.
The Windsors were probably not happy about Spitting Image, but it still continued on.

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2020, 02:25:56 PM
@sandy-According to the producers, Charlotte will be a background character just like QEII, Catherine, Meghan, Princess Anne etc...The focus of the show will be on the title character-George.

Double post auto-merged: January 25, 2020, 02:26:29 PM

@QueenAlex-The former. :hehe:
Thanks. I am not a fan of these adult cartoons like Simpsons etc.. mY husband used to like them, but in the UK we saw the same eps of the Simpsons till everyone got fed up with it.. I kind of tolerated King of the Hill.. but not South Park or the others. 
I don't think that any character in the show is going to be a "pretty romantic image of a princess....!

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2020, 02:28:16 PM
@sandy-They're likely not happy about it but unless the script/story line goes into subject matter that is inappropriate there isn't much they can do except make statements  about being disappointed or concerned.
The Windsors were probably not happy about Spitting Image, but it still continued on.
Probably best to completely ignore it.. There is nothing they can do....

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on January 25, 2020, 01:51:36 PM
@Princess Cassandra -I can imagine that his parents are not thrilled with the cartoon series either. I'm guessing that they'll keep an eye on it and make known their concerns if they see or hear anything they believe is inappropriate.
You are most likely correct. But once published it can't be outdone, unfortunately.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 25, 2020, 06:20:45 PM
You are most likely correct. But once published it can't be outdone, unfortunately.
But there's nothing can be done.  Freedom of press and broadcasting and all that....

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 25, 2020, 06:26:52 PM
But there's nothing can be done.  Freedom of press and broadcasting and all that....
No, nothing to be done. Apparently all is fair in love, war, and making money off of children.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 26, 2020, 03:07:23 PM
No, nothing to be done. Apparently all is fair in love, war, and making money off of children.
I don't think it is going to bother George.. he's too young to understand it..

sandy

HE's 6 now and he can hear things from others in his class.

SophieChloe

^ I reckon the armed guards might be a bit of a give-away.  But I get your point, Sandy. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 26, 2020, 09:07:02 PM
HE's 6 now and he can hear things from others in his class.
Unfortunately it is likely that he is going to hear about some of this from his classmates or older students.

sandy

Will and Harry never became cartoons as they were growing upl

TLLK

Well they were puppets as children and teens on Spitting Image which likely didn't make their parents happy.

Booze, Drugs, Violence And Madness - VICE

sandy

I remember when William was born, And there were scenes on Spitting Image where William was depicted as  a clone of Prince Charles. That was satire.

William was not a cartoon character in the style George is today.

TLLK

@sandy-If you click on the link in my previous post, you'll see the Wales family from sometime in the late eighties and early nineties as SI puppets.

QueenAlex

Yes Spitting Image was pretty vicious... but WIlliam and Harry and the RF survived it...
don't see much difference between a satiricial show involving cartoons or one involving puppets

TLLK

TLLK

Controversial royal satire which mocked Prince George, 8, and Prince Philip is SCRAPPED | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe controversial animated satire of the royal family which drew criticism for poking fun at eight-year-old Prince George and the late Prince Philip has been scrapped by HBO.

TV series The Prince, which starred Prince Harry's friend Orlando Bloom and cost ?5million to make,  will not go forward for a second season, the network's Chief Content Officer has said Casey Bloys told Deadline.

Created by Family Guy producer Gary Janetti, the show depicts Prince George as a child tyrant with expensive taste, a withering sense of humour and a dim view of his family.

The 12-episode series is available to stream in the US on HBO Max but did not make it to UK screens.

Princess Cassandra

Portraying a child in such a negative way leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. Clearly a line was crossed,and it took too long to scrap it imho.