Mark Shand has died after injuring his head in fall outside NY club

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 23, 2014, 05:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Eri, that is the media.
Sohie, I agree with that about  his grandmother.
sandy  and others, I agree it  is  the meida who want to get in favor at any and every turn  spewing  stories like these and not PC and not C  and their TPTB.
These British  reporters who are fans of PC and C will SAY ANYTHING at ANY  turn on ANY ANGLE to promote the  story  of PC and C.
Wait for it.
I  know  it  is coming  closer and closer that  Camilla practically raised  Diana's sons   by guiding PC.

Here, Camilla lost her dear brother. She  will  be able to  put in a  way  to  move from her grief  and onto her good memories.  her sister and her children and Camilla's children will to. You accept a death at some point and move on, live on.  Different death's  are different. GE, the  QM  was the death of an old  lady who lived several lives.  She  lived to see great grandchildren.
Diana left two  teen  boys ( teen and preteen).
MShand's daughter  will take more time, naturally  , to  accept and live on. She is very young, although an adult, but  is  getting out there to live her life.
Poor girl even though she is rich.

SophieChloe

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 27, 2014, 09:32:29 PM
Here, Camilla lost her dear brother. She  will  be able to  put in a  way  to  move from her grief  and onto her good memories.  her sister and her children and Camilla's children will to. You accept a death at some point and move on, live on. 
Well said, FDF!  He was her dear Brother.  May he rest in peace.   
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on April 27, 2014, 07:48:06 PM
I think it's the media that's pushing their agenda, not Charles or Camilla.  The only thing we've heard from them about Mark's death is a notice that was put on Charles' website.

Cindy
I agree. The couple has made a simple statement and for now nothing else has been stated.

sandy

I am not so sure that Kay's article did not have Charles' seal of approval.  He always hides behind other people even though he might be responsible for this sort of PR. Lots of smoke and mirrors.

Blue Clover

It does sound like Mark Shand lived a rich, full and adventurous life according to his family members. When is the funeral?

TLLK

BC-I haven't seen any information on a funeral and/or memorial service yet.

cinrit

QuoteDuchess of Cornwall's Brother Mark Shand to be Buried in Private Family Family funeral in Dorset Today

The private family funeral of the Duchess of Cornwall's brother Mark Shand is to take place in Dorset today.  Conservationist and travel writer Mr Shand died unexpectedly last week after falling and hitting his head in New York.

Camilla and her family, who were left devastated by the 62-year-old adventurer's death, will gather for a private family funeral at Holy Trinity Church in Stourpaine.

The Prince of Wales will be at his wife's side to support her during the service.

More: Mark Shand to be buried in private family funeral in Dorset today | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

TLLK

:goodpost: Orchid. It would be better for the family to be left alone.

sara8150

Duchess leads mourners at brother Mark Shand's funeral
BBC News - Duchess leads mourners at brother Mark Shand's funeral

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2014, 06:38:32 PM

Camilla's tears for beloved brother: Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles lead mourners including Mark Shand's distraught former girlfriend at his funeral
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Charles attend funeral of her brother Mark Shand | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2014, 06:42:31 PM

Camilla's tears as she leads mourners at Mark Shand's funeral
Camilla's tears as she leads mourners at Mark Shand's funeral - Telegraph

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

Double post auto-merged: May 01, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

Prince Charles and Camilla lead mourners at Mark Shand's funeral
The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles attended Mark Shand's funeral on Thursday - hellomagazine.com

Lady Adams

Arthur Edwards tweeted a photo of the floral displays inside the church, and I thought they were so appropriate and lovely, truly one of a kind:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmlYWh7IIAAIFlR.jpg:large

Quote from: TLLK on May 01, 2014, 06:16:33 PM
:goodpost: Orchid. It would be better for the family to be left alone.
Agreed-- the photo of Camilla crying was heart wrenching.

Strange BP didn't issue a polite request asking papers not to print them, a la the Cambridges.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

sandy

I could have done without seeing these photos. It should have been private. And it was a bit over the top with the  headline saying Camilla was "leading" the mourners. It was not a parade it was a celebration of Mr Shand's life. Mark Shand's closest next of kin is his daughter and it would be fairer to say that the family was "leading" the mourners.

Queen Camilla

Quote from: Lady Adams on May 02, 2014, 12:27:17 AM
Arthur Edwards tweeted a photo of the floral displays inside the church, and I thought they were so appropriate and lovely, truly one of a kind:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmlYWh7IIAAIFlR.jpg:large

Thanks Lady Adams for the photo of floral display inside the church.  A perfect tribute to Mark.

Eri

There is so much wrong with those pictures I don't know where to begin ... on a shallow note ... damn !!! Chuck really know how to wear a suit I wish he would land his Tailor to his sons ...

sandy

Limabeany

Quote from: Eri on May 02, 2014, 12:52:46 PM
There is so much wrong with those pictures I don't know where to begin ... on a shallow note ... damn !!! Chuck really know how to wear a suit I wish he would land his Tailor to his sons ...
Agreed on all levels, I am having the hardest time making sense of the daughter in these pictures, and the fact that these pictures are taken at all at any funeral, and the fact that Charles has impeccably fitted suits and his much younger sons... Well, we all have seen them...  :orchid:

HereditaryPrincess

I've heard elsewhere that Tatiana Santo Domingo (wife of Andrea Casiraghi, Albert II of Monacos's nephew) was at the funeral. I'm not sure how she's connected to the Shands, it would be interesting to know. :hmm:

On another note, I agree with sandy on the photos. It was meant to be a private funeral. :no:

cinrit

I guess if you're well-known enough, or connected to someone well-known enough, the media will be all over your funeral.  The first time I saw such intrusion was in the mid-80's when Sir Michael Redgrave died.  I happened to be in London at the time, and I remember watching the news of the funeral on TV, the cameras panning to close-ups of Vanessa and Lynn, both of whom were sobbing.  I was appalled....

Cindy

Lothwen

^It was a private affair which meant there were no cameras inside the service, but as people were walking in and out of the church the photographers were there.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

^^ Yes ... and same for Michael Redgrave's funeral.  Intrusive even if outside, IMO.

Cindy