Dithering Princes , are they really?

Started by serene grace, December 18, 2008, 08:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serene grace

The Prince has to be 25 or over for this measure. (Prince Harry is not in this one, next year or so he will be)

Prince Albert of Monaco- (partner some say on and off three years Charlene Wittstock)

Pr. William (England) -(partner of five or more years Kate Middleton, one big break up, wobbles)

Pr. Carl of Sweden -( partner of nine years Emma Pernald, wobbles, breakup reports , wobbles)

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Kuei Fei

I don't see why they have to marry just because they've been with someone for a long time. Prince Albert is a disgrace because at his age he should already have a family. AS for the rest, they do have to be careful in who they choose because it's not just a normal marriage. It's also an affair of state because they will be representing the nation, not just themselves.

Ceridwen

I agree with KF that Prince Alberto of Monaco is a disgrace.  He lived the life of a playboy & neglected his duties in getting properly wed & have an heir.  Instead, he has 2 illegitimate children (that I know of) & now he looks like a middle age Hugh Hefner minus the hair.  I think the royals are not regular people in a sense that they can't just date & marry anyone they please.  I remember reading a book on Queen Mary (King George V consort) & Queen Elizabeth (King George VI consort) that royal princes & princess must marry well (someone with similar background) & that it is a small prize to pay for the life of a privilege. 

GwenCat

I say some are dithering...... and speaking of Prince Albert. I wondered if he is dithering so he will not have any legitimate children so his sister Caroline can take the throne if he is gone? She has worked so hard, and is the next in line as long as he has no legit children.

Ceridwen

Hmm, interesting GwenCat - I was thinking the same, perhaps this is his plan?!?

Kuei Fei

QuoteI think the royals are not regular people in a sense that they can't just date & marry anyone they please.  I remember reading a book on Queen Mary (King George V consort) & Queen Elizabeth (King George VI consort) that royal princes & princess must marry well (someone with similar background) & that it is a small prize to pay for the life of a privilege.

Exactly. They have to marry someone trained to support them and serve the nation.

Albert is just a pervert in my opinion and as for his plans to leave the throne to Caroline, then good for him. He has made a joke out of himself and if he doesn't marry Charlene (who is pretty and has class) then I hope he simply does his duty and looks after his kids. The Monegasque throne is a joke now and I wouldn't envy anyone who married into that family.

Ceridwen

Agree.  I pity any woman (wether it's Charlene) who marries Prince Albert.  Not only is he old but he looks bloody old.  It's a pity! 

GwenCat

the recent pudgy, lumpy comments about Kate, certainly apply to Prince Albert. He is getting old looking and I would imagine very set in his ways. I feel sorry for Charlene, but she doesn't look naive to me, so maybe she enjoys this arrangement very well. I wonder if she gets on with his sisters?

Kuei Fei

Would someone explain to me why anyone would call Kate pudgy? I don't like her, I don't know if I will, but that is just bollocks.

As for Albert, the thought of him putting his hands on any attractive female is just ugh. I heard that if a woman married him, she would be fertilized in vitro. I take it that Albert knows how repulsive he is? I am thankful that a young princess or Arch Duchess won't be forced to marry him.

GwenCat

I bet when he touches a woman, spittle runs out of the side of his mouth.  Eeeeeewww.....!!!!!!!

serene grace

ewww
you guys are cracking me up. I must admit, Prince Albert is a terrible disappointment.
I think if Grace had lived a bit longer,maybe (Perhaps!!) she and Rainer could have coaxed him to marry someone, but then again maybe Albert's just a hopeless case.
I think he should marry Charlene and get on with it. He is not a 20 something Prince still finding himself. I wonder why he didn't marry that lady Tatianna I think she was a nobel or something, she was beautiful, elegant, what is the man's problem.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Arubiina

Upon reading the discussion, I tend to agree with Kuei Fei's views on the matter. Prince William and Prince Carl are relatively young. So they can easily follow examples of Prince Frederic of Denmark and Prince Felipe of Spain. At the same time, it does not mean that I like choices made by Prince Felipe or Prince Frederic.
Prince Albert of Monaco has failed the main duty Crown Princes are expected to fulfill, that is to continue the bloodline. I dare to say that it would be true miracle, if he does marry and have a child, preferably a boy, to succeed him.

MapleLeaf

Prince Albert is definitely pudgy and bald, and he's not goodlooking either but there is something weirdly interesting and charming about him.  For an older guy, he seems like he might be a lot of fun.  :shrug: Maybe it's his smile, I dunno.

Wills and Carl-Philip are HOT, and IMO they should take their time and date their girlfriends just as long as they like, as long as it doesn't end up like Albert's situation.

Although I do think Albert is interesting as a person etc., I also think it's just too ridiculous that he's 2 years younger than my mother, and his girlfriend is about 2 years older than me!

IMO that would is an unfair situation, but at his advanced age he HAS to date someone younger if he plans on having any children, which is probably why he's dating someone so much younger than he is like Charlene.

:wreath: :merry2: Everyone!  :tree: 

:advent:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

serene grace

Is this Prince married yet? I've seen him at some Royal weddings with dates , has he married? Does he have a serious girlfriend?

QuoteWikipedia:
Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (born 1 October 1969) is the second son and third child of King Constantine, the former king of Greece and Queen Anne-Marie, who was born a Princess of Denmark as the youngest daughter of the late King Frederik IX of Denmark and Queen Ingrid and is the sister of the current Queen Margrethe II.

He was born in Rome, Italy, due to the coup which ousted the monarchy from Greece and caused the royal family to flee to Italy in December 1967.

Like his brothers and sisters, he was educated in the Hellenic College of London, founded by his parents in 1980. In 1993, he graduated from Brown University with an A.B. in International Relations. He has worked for NatWest Markets in London and is currently working in his father's private office since 1998
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Nikolaos_of_Greece_and_Denmark

Enjoy the holiday season everyone.  :snowflake:
Time to start cooking .  :P :boredatwork:

Kuei Fei

Quote from: GwenCat on December 23, 2008, 08:08:15 PM
I bet when he touches a woman, spittle runs out of the side of his mouth.  Eeeeeewww.....!!!!!!!

Thank you, I needed that visualization. *barf barf barf*