When it comes to Harry and Meghan, its time to choose sides!

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

When it comes to Harry and Meghan, it's time to choose sides.
Which side are you on? Please post according to your beliefs, and don't cross the fence.

The choices are the following:

The Iffy-Wiff Club: Candid talk on the Sussexes (for those who are undecided, skeptical, or indecisive about Harry and Meghan). Comments that are doubtful, dubious, betwixt, and between are welcome here.

Team Sussex: Unshaken Support for the Sussexes (for fans, devotees, and admirers of Harry and Meghan.) Comments that are admirable, revering, and ardent are welcome here.

Curryong

And what if you are a Team Sussex person but wish to reply to an Iffy-Wiff Club comment and vice versa? Are you allowed to do so?

Plus, unfortunately at the moment this Forum has few members and 99% of those who do post here at RI even occasionally are critics of the Sussexes. That leaves two of us, (and Chance doesn?t post often any more) in an echo chamber of two and usually one for Team Sussex. I?m sure those who choose to post on the Iffy-Wiff will be highly delighted to have their own opinions on the Sussexes constantly reflected back at them with no dissenting voices but it doesn?t leave any room for other points of view.

Blue Clover

Curryong,
Anyone can post in either as long as they post in the spirit of that particular thread and not the opposite. We allowed multiple viewpoints in one thread and decided that this division is the best way forward.  Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it.

Happy posting!  :flower:

Curryong

Thankyou Blue Clover. I will try it, see how it goes.

changemhysoul

This explains it, I didn't realize the other threads were locked and I thought I had been blocked or something haha.

To be honest, I like this move as I enjoy opening up a thread and not seeing constant vitriol being thrown at them. And it's not so much that people HAVE to like them but it tends to lean, towards anything negative can be sad with no filter. Esp since I don't care for a few members of the family and I could bring any negative article, thought and etc into threads about them, question practices, point out flaws and hurl constant criticism that veers into out-right hate and overall bring down the mood and I don't. I stay away from threads about them as I don't like them so I don't seek out news and information on them.

The only fear I have is the spread of misinformation, IE: When people will link to a Daily Mail piece about Harry or Meghan that is an opinion but don't take the time to also post the ACTUAL article or information that is being commented on.

Overall though, I post in and those who want to enjoy good faith conversations, I now have a place for it.

As pointed RE: Curry: I don't post as often or comment as much because it's tiring to constantly come and check and see people calling Harry a dumb man lead astray by this american divorcee or calling Meghan a gold-digger when she brought a lot more into the marriage and has stated, she funded them with her personal money. It's just tiring.

Blue Clover

Changemhysoul,
Thank so you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I will look forward to reading your posts!

Curryong

I wasn?t criticising you Change, just pointing out the dearth of posters who post anything favourable towards Harry and Meghan. I too find it very tiring to have to read constant criticism of either of the Sussexes. And, to be crystal clear, that isn?t directed at any one poster here.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on May 25, 2023, 08:39:25 PM
I wasn?t criticising you Change, just pointing out the dearth of posters who post anything favourable towards Harry and Meghan. I too find it very tiring to have to read constant criticism of either of the Sussexes. And, to be crystal clear, that isn?t directed at any one poster here.

You?re good! I know you weren?t criticizing me. I was just commenting on why I?m not as active or selectively active.

TLLK

QuoteWhen it comes to Harry and Meghan, it's time to choose sides.
Which side are you on? Please post according to your beliefs, and don't cross the fence.

The choices are the following:

The Iffy-Wiff Club: Candid talk on the Sussexes (for those who are undecided, skeptical, or indecisive about Harry and Meghan). Comments that are doubtful, dubious, betwixt, and between are welcome here.

Team Sussex: Unshaken Support for the Sussexes (for fans, devotees, and admirers of Harry and Meghan.) Comments that are admirable, revering, and ardent are welcome here.

A moderation/administration reminder about the purpose of the two forums for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
If you choose to read/post in "The Iffy-Wiffy Club" forum threads expect a more candid discussion about the couple that will have posts that are "doubtful, dubious, betwixt and between."

If you choose to read/post in the "Team Sussex" forum threads expect a more admiring sentiment towards the couple.

Personal attacks on another poster's posts will not be tolerated and will be removed. Keep in mind that replies to these attacks are also going to be removed.

If you have questions about a particular source linked in a thread, contact a moderator or administrator by using the "report button." Do not carry out an argument in the thread.

Blue Clover

TLLK

Please review the purpose of the "Iffy Wiffy" and "Team Sussex" forums.