The Wales' Children Nannies

Started by marine2109, September 12, 2013, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Unless she has become a British citizen, she is not a British nanny, many people study and work abroad... :shrug: But, if the nanny is working full time, what is Kate doing full time?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

From Twitter:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 
Biographical details about Prince George's new nanny have emerged tonight in Spain, where the media say records suggest she is aged 43.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

I wonder where the media got the "early 20s" information from then? 

Anyways, now that they have the nanny, let's see if William and Kate's schedules pick up any.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

^^ Good question, Lothwen.  But just another reason why the media can't always be relied on for accuracy.

Cindy

Lothwen

^True.

My guess is, somebody was told she was in her early 20s, or "looked to be" in her 20s, and some members of the press ran with that, rather than verifying the information.

Harryite 12-005

Rebound

I smile with nostalgia when I read this thread. I remember that so many people wanted William to marry someone from the European royal families, or some exotic woman called Miss Mystery. And now George should have only a British nanny.

I've noticed that a lot of people feel the BRF appears xenophobic. George's Spanish nanny may be the best way to connect them to the rest of Europe. Of course, some will not want that, but I feel ties to other countries and nationalities is a good thing.

Limabeany

Hiring foreign help does not make anyone any less xenophobic... But, I doubt anyone would call Charles that, he seems to have a genuine interest in and respect for people who are different from him.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Rebound

^Then I imagine Charles fully approves of a Spanish nanny who studied at a prestigious nanny school in Britain. Maybe George will learn to speak Spanish, and be more connected to other European royal families.

Limabeany

Anything is possible, maybe George will marry the future Spanish Queen, renounce the throne and leave it to his younger sibling... Who knows what the future holds?  :wink:

Rebound

I don't know Limabeany--not sure I'd want a cougar to marry Georgie.......She's, what, 7 or 8 years older than George?   :)

Limabeany

An adorable cougar though!  :teehee: :happy20:

Rebound

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: Limabeany on March 21, 2014, 10:52:15 PM
Hiring foreign help does not make anyone any less xenophobic... But, I doubt anyone would call Charles that, he seems to have a genuine interest in and respect for people who are different from him.
The only way of knowing is if in the future a royal marries a foreigner then their real feelings will come out  :teehee:

georgiana996

In as much as it is anyone's business Kate and Will's new nanny sounds great. Just made the mistake of reading the Daily Mail readers comments. As balanced and fair as the Daiy Fail itself. edit . They are criticised as well if they don't buy British, which is cracked. I love traditional and artisan British and Irish companies but supporting them doesn't mean that you can't buy overseas goods. Everyone does including all the other Royals. The Daily Fail is literally a pit of the world's most despicable, narrow minded and mean people so I refuse to read it anymore lmao! I completely agree with you, her nationality has nothiing to do with her capacity as a nanny and everything "made in Britain" 95% of the time come from things that are imported cause they can't grow a lot of crops/fibers etc here cause of the ***ty weather.
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

cinrit

QuotePrince George's Nanny Is Barred from Smacking

Prince George will never be smacked by his new Spanish nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo – her training forbids it.

Norland College, the Bath-based elite institute that taught the 43-year-old, believes "a child is never naughty" and would strike off any graduate who used physical punishment, an expert revealed yesterday. 

Given her background, Maria may well try to tempt the baby's appetite with items like paella.  But Norland training means the fluent English speaker will be strictly British about the way she brings up baby.

Writer Louise Heren, who co-wrote a book about Norland nannies and spent a year at the college making a TV documentary, said yesterday: "They will never ever smack. They will be struck off if they do. A child is never naughty but the behaviour is."

More: Prince George's nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo is barred from smacking | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteNorland training means the fluent English speaker will be strictly British about the way she brings up baby.

That's all I want.

Double post auto-merged: March 22, 2014, 01:50:10 PM

Aside from the personal opinion of the Queen's former chef, whose main concern centres around Maria Barallo's name and the 'difficulty' George will have pronouncing it. I haven't read any about any concern. The tabloids aren't making an issue out of it. 

Britain is a multi-cultural country and member of the E.U., as such there are no 'nationalities' when it comes to employment. A Spanish born nanny has as much right to work in Britain as a British nanny has to work in Spain.

This was mentioned on another website, but do we even know how British born nannies were short listed by Norland College? Maybe no British born nannies made the cut. Or maybe all the British born nannies work in Spain or the U.S.

Norland College has been supplying nannies to the royal family for generations and they obviously felt it was entirely appropriate to recommend a Spanish born nanny for a future British king.

Lothwen

I wonder why they felt the need to tell us that this nanny would never strike George?
Harryite 12-005

cinrit

^^ I think because at least some of the previous nannies to Royals did.

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on March 21, 2014, 11:40:39 PM
Anything is possible, maybe George will marry the future Spanish Queen, renounce the throne and leave it to his younger sibling... Who knows what the future holds?  :wink:
The future Queen of Spain has an adorable younger sister too.  :nod:

Double post auto-merged: March 22, 2014, 05:53:47 PM

Quote from: Lothwen on March 22, 2014, 03:52:51 PM
I wonder why they felt the need to tell us that this nanny would never strike George?
I remember way back when that Diana was very insistent that the nannies or anyone else should not use corporal punishment with William and Harry. At some point she changed her mind because there was a well-known photo of her delivering a swat to William's backside.

Double post auto-merged: March 22, 2014, 05:56:07 PM

Quote from: cinrit on March 22, 2014, 04:14:27 PM
^^ I think because at least some of the previous nannies to Royals did.

Cindy
Some of the earlier ones in the Victorian/Edwardian age were borderline sadistic.  :( Prince John's primary caregiver Mrs. Bill had to report to Queen Mary that the princes' nanny was pinching the children prior to seeing their parents. They'd cry and then be returned to her quickly. :wacko:

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteLike generations of royal babies before him, Prince George will be raised with the help of a Norland nanny, Kensington Palace announced on Thursday.
But far from being a uniformed Mary Poppins with a cut glass accent, the woman chosen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is a ponytailed Spaniard in jumper and slacks.
Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.

Norland nanny from Spain?s society pages for Prince George - Telegraph

Limabeany

I think, it is a very strange specification to make...

cinrit

QuoteWilliam and Kate's Royal Nanny 'Could Have Become Nun', Friends Say

Prince George's new nanny would have become a nun if she had not ended up pursuing her passion for children, friends claimed yesterday.  Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo's puritan lifestyle made her the perfect candidate to become a servant of God, they said.

Single Miss Borrallo, 43, a student of the prestigious nanny school Norland College, is said to have been lovingly nicknamed santa - Spanish for saint - by those closest to her when she was a youngster.

Locals in her home city of Palencia in northern Spain where she grew up said they would not have been surprised if Maria Teresa had ended up choosing a church job like her brother Luis, who was ordained as a deacon nearly three years ago.

More: Maria Borrallo, nanny to Prince George, could have been nun, friends say | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

Limabeany

Well, if George decided to become Catholic when he turns 18, that would be an interesting turn of events.b :teehee:

cinrit

I would imagine she would have been spoken to about that, and she would hopefully respect the faith of the Royal Family and not try to instruct George in religious matters. 

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on March 24, 2014, 10:32:48 AM
Well, if George decided to become Catholic when he turns 18, that would be an interesting turn of events.b :teehee:
Amen to that.

Double post auto-merged: March 24, 2014, 02:09:37 PM

Quote from: Limabeany on March 22, 2014, 09:34:10 PM
I think, it is a very strange specification to make...
Apparently that is a Northlands' policy. They can use this as part of their advertisement that their trained nannies are able to use other methods than corporal punishment.