Pippa and James Mathews and Family chat

Started by missbliss, January 18, 2012, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindelle

Orchid

Interestingly, this section extracted from the Protection of Harassment Act 1997 could, in theory, apply to any celebrity or persons in the public eye who are being pursued by photographers.  If it were to be heeded by the photographers on this occasion it would need to be heeded by photographers in all aspects of celebrity based photography. I don't see it sticking.

QuoteThe section refers to the 'prohibition of harrassment' and says that 'a person must not pursue a course of conduct which amounts to harrassment of another and which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.'

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

missbliss

Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Pippa Middleton chic in navy and cream as she joins Carole and family on board paddle steamer | Mail Online

And there they are, they had extra tickets and invited Charlie Gilkes and his girlfriend.  As you can see they are in the midst of a crowd of people.  Pippa waved, but so did other people.  I still consider this no big deal.

missbliss

Pippa Middleton gives a glimpse of her life and fame in new book - Telegraph

9:00PM BST 20 Oct 2012Comment
She was propelled into the public eye when her sister married the second-in-line to the throne.
Now Pippa Middleton, 29, right, has admitted that she is still coming to terms with her celebrity – and the focus on her figure – that followed the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge last year.
QuoteIn a new book, she writes: "It is a bit startling to achieve global recognition (if that's the right word) before the age of 30, on account of your sister, your brother-in-law and your bottom.
"One day, I might be able to make sense of this."
She adds that while she has had wonderful opportunities as a result of the marriage of her sister, below, in most ways she remains a typical young woman trying to build a career.

Miss Middleton makes her comments in Celebrate: A Year of British Festivities for Families and Friends, a party-planning guide based on her experience with her family's business, Party Pieces.

Seems like someone has seen the actual book

missbliss

Pippa Middleton Unveiled as the New Ambassador of the Mary Hare School for the Deaf.  She's been working with them for over a year now - I remember articles about her and this school last year.  The school is not far from their home in Berkshire.

Sipa Press: A Window on the World. Press Agency

Not sure why they would want her (except publicity), but it is a free country and they can do as they wish!  :)

Some more on Pippa and Mary Hare School

Pippa Middleton will be helping Mary Hare with fundraising

terptree: Pippa Middleton visits Mary Hare School for deaf children   (this is from January 2012)

sara8150

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePippa Middleton is set to cycle 3,000 miles across the United States as part of the Race Across America challenge.

The Duchess of Cambridge's younger sister, 30, will be joined by a team including her brother James, 27, and six other individuals, in aid of the Michael Matthews Foundation, according to People.com.

The charity ride will kick off in Oceanside, California, on Saturday, with participants expected to arrive in Annapolis, Maryland, 12 days later.
More: Pippa Middleton to cycle in Race Across America charity bike ride with brother James | Mail Online

cinrit

Good for them!  I don't even want to cycle across town. :wacko:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

I think this is fantastic.  I know people say that Pippa likes the attention,and maybe she does, but look what she's doing with it.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Orchid

Quote from: cinrit on June 12, 2014, 11:55:57 PM
Good for them!  I don't even want to cycle across town. :wacko:

Cindy

:teehee: I hear ya!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

ohsillyme

The article mentioned that only 200 participants complete the ride. I hope Pips is one!

Orchid

Good luck to her. It's quite a challenge.
-Winston Churchil

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePippa Middleton has joined the fight against heart disease. The 30-year-old has been announced as the newest ambassador for the British Heart Foundation.

Posing for a new photo to promote her association with the charity organisation, lady in red Pippa said she was "shocked" by some of the statistics associated with heart health.
More: Pippa Middleton new ambassador for British Heart Foundation - hellomagazine.com

Lothwen

Orchid, it says that the Race Across America is one of the fundraisers she's doing for the organization, and then she's doing some sort of swim to raise money as well.

I'll say this for Pippa, she's a real go-getter.  She puts herself out there, and she's getting results.  I admire her for that.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

ohsillyme

So far she's raised £3,683.08. Impressive!

Orchid

^ That's a great sum already!

Thank you ladies for the copies :thanks:

Quote from: Lothwen on June 13, 2014, 03:05:36 PM
I'll say this for Pippa, she's a real go-getter.  She puts herself out there, and she's getting results.  I admire her for that.

Completely agree. For all the cynicism and questions about her social-climbing, there's little to deny her ambition and drive. I certainly commend her for taking on this challenge - it's no mean feat!
-Winston Churchil

Macrobug

Pippa Middleton is fundraising for BHF and Michael Matthews Foundation

This isn't the first time she has raised money for charities using this site.  A couple years back I remember her using this for the skiing race.

This race hits the news every year.  It is brutal! 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Orchid

I'll have to consider using that site for the 2015 London Marathon.

350-500 miles per day for eight days is beyond gruelling imo.  I hope she and every other participant manages to complete the task.

Funnily enough I was reading an article in this months' Womens Health magazine which suggests that marathons, triathlons and all of these endurance races are the new indicator of a mid-life crisis with figures showing that 30-45-year-olds are the most active participants. :teehee:
-Winston Churchil

Macrobug

That age group have been shocked into realizing that the metabolism that they had as kids and teens is gone.  Nothing like the scales going up and iffy bloodwork results to motivate some people into a fitness routine.

A friend of mine used to be a 250lbs teddybear that lived on the sofa.  He got into biking as a way to lose weight.  He is now a very lean 175lbs and just completed his 3rd IronMan.   And yes, in his late 30s.  His idea of a fun Sunday is to go for a 100km bike ride.
GNU Terry Pratchett