Re: British Royal Christmas 2021-present

Started by TLLK, November 30, 2021, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Happy to see cancer charities rallying for Sarah and the BRF mainly the King to include her in the family festivities

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 25, 2023, 06:57:39 PM

That was IMO one if the sweetest photos from yesterday.

Love the interaction between the Wales and Tindalls. There's a lovely picture of Mike with his arm around Prince George

LouisFerdinand

Did Arthur Chatto attend the Christmas Day Church Service at Sandringham?

FanDianaFancy

The King?s immediate family and extended family. Unified. Supportive. The King having Sarah, mother of his nieces, attend was right. It was church. It was Christmas. It has been 30 years ago now. Church and lunch after.
I thought Camilla, The QC would have her children. I be next year. Not this year?too much now.
I assume her children was at lunch in private there a Sandrigham.

Curryong

There was no sign of Camilla?s children and their families. Not in cars entering and leaving the estate, not at the very early church service accompanying Charles and Camilla.

They were obviously all at home for Xmas where they are every year and Camilla visits them immediately after Xmas.

There was one news report saying that Camilla?s children would be staying at Sandringham for the Christmas long weekend and it was quite obviously a false report as so many media reports about the royals and the external family are.

wannable

Lady C said yesterday they are at Sandringham

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 27, 2023, 12:32:23 PM
Lady C said yesterday they are at Sandringham

And she knows absolutely everything about th3 royals of course. Except she doesn?t!

wannable

King Charles tops the festive television ratings on both Christmas Day AND Boxing Day 📺
King of Christmas TV

Rebecca English

Both the Coronation documentary and the King?s speech

TLLK

The Coronation documentary is excellent! There is wonderful behind the scenes footage from the preparation leading up to May 6, 2023.

wannable

Another youtuber with the BBC Coronation documentary

Charles III: The Coronation Year (2023) - YouTube

Mrs. Philibet the youtuber has a collection of videos about the BRF.

I watched this one last night, it's also a BBC about Sandringham.  Highly recommended.

Countryfile: Royal Special - Sandringham (2018) - YouTube

Curryong

Well, the King?s Xmas speech certainly didn?t beat the rest of the TV offerings here in Aus. And as for the BBC documentary, those that wanted to watch would have streamed it in some fashion, and those that didn?t, the vast majority of Australians, didnt bother.

Nobody of my acquaintance even mentioned either of these programmes in passing over the last couple of days, and I?ve been to several post Xmas get-togethers. It?s now Dec 29th here.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 28, 2023, 01:20:32 PM

Quote from: wannable on December 28, 2023, 01:20:32 PM
Another youtuber with the BBC Coronation documentary

Mrs. Philibet the youtuber has a collection of videos about the BRF.

I watched this one last night, it's also a BBC about Sandringham.  Highly recommended.

Another youtuber with the BBC Coronation

documentary

I  am so glad that these videos are available online  because I  do enjoy them.

Mrs. Philibet the youtuber has a collection of

videos about the BRF.

I am so happy that these are available online.

wannable

According to Australia's website media spy the 25th December 2023 the top 20 programs

1. Seven News - HMKCIII Christmas message
2. Nine News - HMKCIII Christmas message 
3. Seven News - National/international/HMKCIII
4. Nine News - National/international/HMKCIII
5. A current affair Nine network
6. ABC news summer eve
7. HMKCIII Christmas message ABC TV

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 29, 2023, 03:43:42 PM
According to Australia's website media spy the 25th December 2023 the top 20 programs

1. Seven News - HMKCIII Christmas message
2. Nine News - HMKCIII Christmas message 
3. Seven News - National/international/HMKCIII
4. Nine News - National/international/HMKCIII
5. A current affair Nine network
6. ABC news summer eve
7. HMKCIII Christmas message ABC TV

Most people here  turn on to Channels 9 +7 at 6pm to see the whole news not just a Xmas message from anybody. How would anybody know when the King?s message was on during the hour of news. It didn?t lead the news on the most watched news service, 9, because we watched it. And A Current Affair and ABC news didn?t feature it tops either. And it wasn?t discussed at all among the 120 people I was mingling with on a social occasion on Boxing Day.

You can fantasise that all Aussies are dyed in the wool monarchists all you want. I live here and I know different.

Curryong

And even in the UK the speech gained less viewers than in 2022. Charles drew (according to the article below) similar figures to ?Come Dancing? the popular contest.

King's speech tops Christmas TV ratings but draws less viewers than last year,%E2%80%9D%2C%20according%20to%20overnight%20ratings.

Curryong

Here is Media Spy (it?s a non ratings period here until late Jan so these aren?t official figures).

Funny how the figures printed here are just for the news on Channels 9 +7 (which generally win anyway whatever the time of year) and don?t mention the King?s speech at all. The figures you posted obviously were your own additions/assertions about Charles?s speech having this huge impact! This isn?t 1937 and people clustering round the radio to listen to King George V, lol! .

The only figures on there that directly mention the King?s Speech are for the national broadcaster, the ABC.

And note the figures that tuned in for that in comparison to the top five programmes within Aus. Less than half in all the capital cities.

Monday 25 December 2023 - Television Ratings - Media Spy

wannable

Every Australian media rating has it

I just used media spy because they are thorough

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 29, 2023, 10:57:02 PM
Every Australian media rating has it

I just used media spy because they are thorough

Channel 9 and Channel 7 win their ratings slots practically every day of the year because Aussies want to watch the news for the day. They certainly didn?t switch on the TV because they wanted to watch Charles drone on.

As far as I remember (and it?s vague) his speech was about twenty minutes in and we were talking anyway about other things so I couldn?t tell you what he said.

Another poster on the big royal forum, who collects data for that forum said that he was ?as full of platitudes as the late Queen?. And she?s sort of a monarchist though not as far as Charles is concerned apparently. And she didn?t bother to watch the Coronation.

wannable

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GCrTj1mW0AAXTzl?format=jpg&name=small

The Gloucester's family are spending the happy new year with the King and Queen. 

Picture is at church today.