Carole and Mike Chat

Started by wannable, April 20, 2011, 03:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

So, because you think it?s wrong, they should have just given up on their business they?ve had since 1987? And again, if they had, could you please provide evidence that this would have led to the result where they owed no creditors anything.

It?s not that it ?doesn?t matter? as you state. It?s that a lot of people have businesses collapse. It?s sad and there?s people that lose out every single time. It?s that it is not unique or nefarious. 

Curryong

When did I say ever in my posts that ceasing trading six months before would have meant they owed their creditors nothing?
What I AM saying is that in those last six months of PPs existence the Middletons knew that the business was virtually insolvent and therefore imo they should have faced reality and brought administrators in (which they had to do in the end, anyway.) At the very least that would have saved their creditors six months of pain.

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: Curryong on June 11, 2023, 12:09:41 AM
When did I say ever in my posts that ceasing trading six months before would have meant they owed their creditors nothing?
What I AM saying is that in those last six months of PPs existence the Middletons knew that the business was virtually insolvent and therefore imo they should have faced reality and brought administrators in (which they had to do in the end, anyway.) At the very least that would have saved their creditors six months of pain.

You?re stating it right there. If the result would have been the same, what difference would it have made if they were brought in one week or the next? What ?pain? would they have saved? It sucks regardless. COVID kinda took the wind out of the sails of quite a few businesses. They attempted to save their business, they failed. The critiques would have come regardless. It?s the cost of having a daughter that fell in love and married a prince.

Maybe they never should have started the business to begin with, what with knowing it could fail circa 2023.

Curryong

The pain would have been to those creditors who, for those last  six months the Middletons were still trading in an insolvent condition, were being paid very tardily, or not at all, or being pressed to extend credit. The Middletons could have saved those business suppliers the pain and expense of extra debt during those six months by pulling the pin earlier than they did..

Your sympathy is with the Middletons, a couple who are being exposed to some humiliation by newspapers reporting on their business failure. My sympathies are with those who are left holding a hefty baby in the form of debt in the thousands to their businesses that they did not want or deserve.

HistoryGirl2

My sympathies are really with no one in particular. I don?t know any of these people from Adam. My allegiance is to statements of fact. The main one here being what I?ve been saying all along: this isn?t a unique story, especially post-COVID, and the reason this is being highlighted is because of the connection to the RF, even though it doesn?t relate to them at all.

Sentimentalities are the reason why. Plenty of people dislike the Middletons, mainly because they dislike Kate, and some only dislike Kate because they dislike William. This is on full display and it tends to cloud logic. Luckily for me, I?m not afflicted with either a love or hate of anyone involved. You can think I?m incorrect in logic, but please don?t confuse that with my ?sympathy,? as it implies that my argument is based on emotion when it most certainly is not.

wannable

36 year old business, she trusted the American investors, usually she'd have to invest too. Out of 3, 2 suddenly departed, but the most important part was the pandemic, which all small companies busted. Except Sweden.

sara8150

Why Pippa and Carole Middleton were rejected from Wimbledon's VIP area | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Kate Middleton's mum and sister were 'banned from Wimbledon's royal box' after blunder - Mirror Online
That explained from article I understand what Catherine,Princess of Wales says on her dad Michael Middleton watch former British number one tennis player Tim Henman and she said ?My father is not going to appreciate this, but we were walking past Tim Henman and we had just seen [Pete] Sampras play my dad said very coolly: 'Hi Pete' "I was mortified!"

Kate will not seat with parents and siblings in the royal box anymore according to former Wimbledon reporter and host Sue Barker

wannable

It must be a slow news day.  The parents and siblings of the POW have sat at the royal box and other non royal box too. It seems to me they choose and notify their daughter which ''match'' they'd prefer to be at a royal box = the match! between two great players, the other days are regular matches, any seating will do. Too many years of the fun loving tennis family for this story to be true, other than the obvious association to the POW. Last year the entire family like all years sat one day at the royal box.

It won't change this year.

The only change in Wimbledon is players from Belarus and Russia for both men and women are allowed to play/Foreign office gave them Visa's signing two mandatory documents; 1 against Russian war 1 not allowing them to express anything pro Russian and any brand/logo that is Russian must go out of their clothing. These two documents are mandatory in/out of court, in premise out of premise whereever in UK territory. Note: Wimbledon only accepted this change because the fines were over the millions of euros.

TLLK

News about the man who is trying to relaunch Party Pieces.

https://archive.ph/NcAIr

The real reason Carole Middleton?s Party Pieces collapsed (according to the man trying to save it)
James Sinclair explains why he took over the company started by the Princess of Wales? mother and why Britain must back fellow entrepreneurs