The Duke and Duchess of Sussex interviews, TV and other media events Part 3

Started by TLLK, December 07, 2022, 01:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

The Mail on Sunday understands will be a wide-ranging interview with leading US television anchor Anderson Cooper days before the book is launched.

Prince Harry set for fresh media blitz in America to promote his 'Spare' memoir after Netflix series | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

It appears that if the law passes,  Ofcom will be able to apply the same standards to streaming services as it does to other broadcasters. There has been controversy over the Harry and Meghan docuseries in which misleading photos and editing were being utilized.

Rishi Sunak to take on Netflix amid Harry & Meghan accuracy row

QuoteRishi Sunak will give the broadcasting watchdog the power to take on Netflix for the first time, amid a row about accuracy in the Harry & Meghan documentary.
Ministers are planning to pass a new law that would bring all streaming giants under the jurisdiction of Ofcom and hand it the power to impose fines of up to ?250,000.
Viewers would also be able to complain to Ofcom about shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime and other services and see them investigated for breaches of a new code of conduct.
The plans are expected as soon as next year and will form part of the Government's Media Bill, which will also promote "distinctively British content", The Telegraph understands.
It comes after Netflix was criticised for misleading viewers in Harry & Meghan, a six-part documentary series fronted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and released over the last fortnight.
A photograph used in the documentary?s trailer, purportedly showing how the couple were hounded by the press, later transpired to have been taken at a Harry Potter film premiere five years before the couple met.

wannable

All streaming services have a second large office headquarters in London. Ofcom have UK channels nevertheless since these streaming services do operate and have a base there the adding them in the list is fair game.

Curryong

From the Guardian

Irritating, yes. Silly, yes. But Harry and Meghan are right on one thing: press persecution | Catherine Bennett | The Guardian

?That the couple can seem silly matters less, however, than the way the excess trivia and melodrama smothers a story of real press persecution ? being ?constantly just picked at by these vultures?, as her mother memorably puts it. As with the repeatedly invoked Diana, it?s possible for the couple to be both irritating and wronged: they have more claim even than Harry?s occasionally collaborating mother (who preceded drones and Twitter) to charge the press with stalking and harassment.?

?Whatever explains Netflix?s willingness to provide so generously for the same vultures, it has allowed the most shameful aspects of the Sussexes? treatment ? character assassination, threats and pile-ons ? to be relegated to the level of a challenge (eagerly accepted) to renewed assault. Even the disgraced Martin Bashir ? almost as reviled as Meghan ? ensured, as Harry confirms, that she ?spoke the truth of her experience? ? and was heard.?

?It was hard to imagine, in the years when influential journalists were obsessively going after Meghan, how she survived the incessant denigration, some discernibly racist, for everything from disrespecting Piers Morgan and serving avocados, refusing to pose hours after giving birth, to ? in the Mail on Sunday?s culminating assault ? believing a letter to her father was private.

?The new series shows that it was, naturally, unendurable and calculated to provoke an extreme reaction in Harry, whose contributions on his pursuit by a pack who tormented his mother are the most powerful parts of this series. True, his comparison with a ?soap opera? of a family that still exhibits tiny children in fulfilment of the old contract, ?you pay, we pose?, is hardly new.??

?In 1955, Malcolm Muggeridge was denounced by royalists for diagnosing ?a royal soap opera?: ?tedious adulation of the royal family is bad for them, for the public, and ultimately for the monarchical institution itself?. In 2011, Christopher Hitchens urged Kate Middleton (who had been mocked for her parentage) to shun the family?s ?daytime-soap incarnation?, a system ?whereby unexceptional people are condemned to lead wholly artificial and strained existences and then punished or humiliated when they crack up?.?

?Now Harry, following Diana, has spoken the truth of that experience. ?The majority of my memories,? he says, ?are being swarmed by paparazzi.? The impact of this warning can perhaps be measured by the doting coverage, last week, of a massed royal event at which George, nine, and Charlotte, seven, were dressed identically to their parents. Maybe, after all, there is still room for Harry?s book.?

From me. Let?s hope, eh, that Charlotte or Louis or both, don?t feel the same way about being dragged out for the British public and media?s consumption in another twenty years, and say so!

Nightowl

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on December 17, 2022, 02:38:01 PM
How will it end, you asked?
deliciously.
The end will be spectacular.
My money is on the winner, Meggie. Harry the hapless dummie won?t know what hit him. :happy17:

Next up, his autobiography, part two.FF book was a semiautobiography by them via their bestie , Omid.

Omid has his next book out next year. 2023, I would guess. Maybe end of year so Harry?s is Jan 2023, back to back books at year start and year end.

Keep it coming.

And just what will Meghan win? More money, more attention, more titles and maybe the throne?   

Nightowl

Quote from: Blue Clover on December 17, 2022, 09:43:05 PM
Lots of focus by the media on the Sussex document, it's shocking the amount of focus they are receiving, to say the least.

Isn't that the truth, and this will go on for the rest of their lives I wonder as they have nothing else left in them.  I am sick of them totally as the way both of them disrespected his grandparents and Lied about most everything.

wannable

Bennett word salad of empathy towards the Sussexes between the evil twisted in the know from all parties except the benefit of the doubt I have for Diana being duped.

Too mumbo jumbo sorry not sorry

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on December 17, 2022, 11:26:40 PM
All streaming services have a second large office headquarters in London. Ofcom have UK channels nevertheless since these streaming services do operate and have a base there the adding them in the list is fair game.
Fair game for sure. Freedom of speech does not mean you can slander and accuse by telling lies or spinning to blurr the truty just to suit your interests. Of course, they can always be challenged legally, but there should be some oversight to keep everyone in check.

wannable

Exactly tied to

Look when I said in my previous comment all the parties involved are twisted evils. Let me say it like this a bit better than Bennett, Netflix knows exactly the inconsistencies and lies, they have the fact checking but decided to go ahead anyway.

Moneys were already given in parts but done.

Edited for language.

Part of this comment/link was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards: User Conduct and Etiquette and Registration Agreement. Replies may also be deleted. Please see any private notification for more details.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 17, 2022, 11:10:11 PM
The Mail on Sunday understands will be a wide-ranging interview with leading US television anchor Anderson Cooper days before the book is launched.

Prince Harry set for fresh media blitz in America to promote his 'Spare' memoir after Netflix series | Daily Mail Online
It would be better if they all just ignored him, and partially for his own benefit. Also, Anderson Cooper is not without bias and will stress the drama for his own benefit, just as Oprah did. In my opinion that is exploitation.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 17, 2022, 10:17:59 PM
According to this article, the Sussexes would like an apology from the BRF as well as a meeting with them.

Harry and Meghan want a royal summit ? and an apology | News | The Sunday Times
I think they want to continue the drama if not ramp it up. I hope the RF will continue to ignore, as that is the only way to deal with this sort of thing. It no longer has any rhyme or reason. It is just preposterous.

Macrobug67

I think using the toddler soothing method works best here.   Scream and shout, ignore.  Be nice, get treats.

Nightowl

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 18, 2022, 02:32:27 AM
I think they want to continue the drama if not ramp it up. I hope the RF will continue to ignore, as that is the only way to deal with this sort of thing. It no longer has any rhyme or reason. It is just preposterous.

I absolutely agree with you, In school I learned there are many forms of addiction, spending to much money, booze, cars, drugs, obsession with another person (which I believe is something Harry has) and attention.  They behave like they are addicted to social media and as many fans as they can get, they get their self satisfaction that what they are doing is okay because their fan base says so.  Some people must always be in the news, heck we see that daily in the DF just looking at their comments and how many times each day the same people just have to be there 3 or 4 times a day even.....the thing is all these so called fans are *strangers* who will never met them or go out with them or have lunch or dinner with them, let alone a drink.....yet that does not cross their minds as all H/M have to do is read about themselves, didn't they do that when they first got married?  Lots of people did not like them and others did and they took on the *others* as telling them they are okay....what this means to me is that H/M are very weak and insecure within themselves as who they are, so they must be okay as their fan base says so...they will continue with badmouthing the royal family as that is all they really have going for themselves and somewhere some silly news outlet will pay them for interviews to keep this going.....we here have NOT heard the last the Sussex's ever and neither has the royal family.   

And one thing I have read and I really whole heartily believe it, all this drama and stress and hell they have created has hasten the passing of Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth11, no doubt in my mind ever about that as I have seen what this type of behavior has done to families.....I am NOT a doctor yet I know darn well from my medical team that I have created for my life that this is something that does happen and did.   You all here know me and my dislike of H/M and believe that will never change for that they did to his grandparents and how they lied so many times and still do. I hope this makes sense.  I only speak for me and I am sorry if I upset anyone or the forum.... 

PrincessOfPeace

In one of his final statements before retiring, the city's outgoing police chief says assertions made by the Duchess of Sussex that his officers did little to protect her are royally exaggerated.

In fact, Toronto Police Chief James Ramer said claims made by Meghan Markle in a recently-released docuseries are inaccurate.

"I was deputy chief at the time, in charge of the Special Enforcement Command that oversaw that situation, and can tell you the officers did an excellent job," Ramer told the Toronto Sun on his final weekend as the city's top cop before retiring after an illustrious 42-year career on Monday.

Toronto's top cop dismisses Meghan's smear as royally exaggerated | Toronto Sun

wannable

Harry let's do our best efforts to make everyone angry with us, so we can be isolated and lonely than ever. No one will like us, so we'll be together forever and ever.

Nightowl

Why does this woman keep lying all the time?  Doesn't she realize how it makes her look in front of the world?  What is the point of telling Lies day after day?  Can't someone shut her up so she can take a deep breath?  She only makes herself look foolish and stupid.  I am glad to see ordinary people that have come across her in their lives and live to tell about it....LOL

wannable

He knows, he is in it all the way. IF he ever separates from her, he still will be isolated, lonely, because he blew the trust with everyone, not only family.

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 18, 2022, 02:32:27 AM

And here lies the problem, no matter all the versions of Harry felt trapped, was forced to work do duties, travel, didn't initially want to enter the military, etc Meghan saved him to version 2.0 William bullied me out of the institution.

A friend of Harry's agrees: 'People ask 'why air your dirty laundry' Everything Harry does and says is rooted in wanting to try and change things for the better, even if not everyone agrees with that. If the outcome of all of this is an institution and a family that operates in a more modern way, then so much the better . . . if there is a chance to improve things for the next generation, that's a positive.

IF a royal is HALF IN, the 99% of the UK population will go REVOLUTION.  Harry and Meghan know this, they are antimonarchists. The above ghost friend has been duped by Harry.  The OTHER HALF time would be making moneys using the royal tittles and Right! the 99% of the UK population will be fine! (irony) with it whilst struggling to make ends meet. Harry has a saviour complex and the ghost friend has been lol.

There comes a point in time when (America)  the rest of the world realize that there is a serious problem with the couple's mindset...  :baby:

The they are innocent is over.  The professional victims has an ''End Game''.

TLLK

The thread is now reopened. Please follow all forum rules in regards to foul language and do not use it to imply the use of a word through single letters or different spellings.

TLLK

https://twitter.com/NelsonMandela/status/1604854170305155072?s=20&t=qLfzsVuWCg_4rNYnfCnQMg

QuoteThe Foundation is proud to announce the launch of a new Netflix Series on effective leadership in collaboration with Blackwell & Ruth & Archewell Productions, inspired by the legacy of Nelson Mandela.

Live to Lead premieres December 31 only on @netflix

Posting this news here as it is TV related.

PrincessOfPeace

sara8150

Now Harry and Meghan are presenting a documentary on 'inspiring leaders' | Daily Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson 'horrified to have caused so much hurt' after his column on Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry's claim that Queen was 'sidelined' at Sandringham talks is 'complete nonsense' | Daily Mail Online

Britain is NOT a racist country says Rishi Sunak in wake of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle claims | Daily Mail Online

Princess Eugenie 'will be a comfort' to warring Prince William and Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

Prince William is 'livid at Harry's antagonistic use of Diana's Panorama footage' | Daily Mail Online

Royal Family left 'baffled' by Harry and Meghan's reported demands for an apology | Daily Mail Online

Toronto police chief rubbishes Meghan Markle's Netflix claims that force ignored her pleas for help | Daily Mail Online

NYTimes opinion piece suggests Meghan had to pay with 'her life' to marry into Royal Family | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Announce New Netflix Show, Live to Lead

Jeremy Clarkson Condemned for Comments About Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's surprise new Netflix project after bombshell docuseries ? details | HELLO!

Jeremy Clarkson breaks silence after 'causing so much hurt' over Meghan Markle comments | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64029690

Prince Harry and Meghan new series: Trailer released for 'Nelson Mandela-inspired' documentary | Ents & Arts News | Sky News

Meghan and Harry to release another Netflix series | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry shares exclusive photo of him and William amid worsening rift | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry and Meghan lose more than half of viewers over three Netflix episodes | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal poll: Should Charles hold 'royal summit' talks with Harry and Meghan? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
NO 96% for summit meeting or crisis meeting and yes 4% up to King Charles?s decision

Jeremy Clarkson 'horrified' by Meghan Markle backlash as he admits mistake after 6k complaints - Mirror Online

Prince Harry shares unseen photo of him and William amid worsening rift - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle explains decision not to follow royal tradition after Archie was born - Mirror Online
Meghan chosen not posing pictures at hospital for reasons and she wanted privacy royal watchers still wait for pictures mostly royal ladies know follow rules for posing pictures of newborn babies leave the hospital but Meghan very private person Meghan told Netflix explain she afraid to show the baby after leave the hospital but paparazzi and media want see the baby but harry and Meghan want escape away from paparazzi and media for no reason but Meghan is broken tradition for no pictures at hospital it?s heartbroken but late Queen Elizabeth have no clues for no pictures of the baby

Slimmed down monarchy 'could've let Harry and Meghan escape gilded cage' - Mirror Online

Royals 'baffled' by Harry and Meghan demands for apology - and 'refuse to respond' - Mirror Online

Prince Harry and Meghan 'will not get an apology' from palace, says Queen's ex-private secretary - Mirror Online

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry release trailer for new doc and say series is about 'brave choices and great leaders' | The Sun

Prince Harry 'couldn't fathom' he was no longer able to 'sweet talk Grandma' The Queen, courtiers claim | The Sun

Royal Family 'baffled' and 'refusing to respond' to Harry and Meghan's demands for an apology | The Sun

More humiliation for royal family

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 19, 2022, 05:03:37 PM
Meghan claimed on Netflix she didn't know how to curtsy. Here's a pretty good one from her time on Suits.

https://twitter.com/kinseyschofield/status/1604715428647165953?s=20&t=6bRJN4fEgO5HJvT2XhteUg

Just because she knew how to bob in a TV show doesn?t mean that Meghan would necessarily know that the Queen would have to be curtseyed to before meeting her at a lunch at Royal Lodge. Especially if she didn?t know the Queen was going to be there in the first place. The fact that Fergie rushed out of the house to tell her there must be a curtsey and instruct her if possible on how to do it, shows that.

There are millions of Britons who don?t know how to execute a formal curtsey who wouldn?t know that either, so why would an American? And how would she know that a formal curtsey to the Queen wouldn?t  be different to an ordinary bob that is done at ballet school for example?

TLLK

Discussion of Jeremy Clarkson's comments about the Duchess of Sussex have been moved to the thread linked below. Please continue all discussion of Mr. Clarkson's remarks in that thread and any further comments will be deleted. Thank you.

Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

TLLK

Toronto's retiring police chief disputes the Duchess of Sussex's claims made about her security in Toronto, Canada when she was dating Prince Harry.

Toronto's top cop dismisses Meghan's smear as royally exaggerated | Toronto Sun

QuoteIn one of his final statements before retiring, the city?s outgoing police chief says assertions made by the Duchess of Sussex that his officers did little to protect her are royally exaggerated.

In fact, Toronto Police Chief James Ramer said claims made by Meghan Markle in a recently-released docuseries are inaccurate.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on December 19, 2022, 07:39:07 PM

There are millions of Britons who don?t know how to execute a formal curtsey who wouldn?t know that either, so why would an American? And how would she know that a formal curtsey to the Queen wouldn?t  be different to an ordinary bob that is done at ballet school for example?
why didnt she simply ask Harry waht to do when she met the queen?  Do i have to curtsy?  How do i do htat?