Duchess of Cambridge Hunts 'Bargain Baby Clothes' for Prince George at Outlet

Started by cinrit, August 14, 2014, 12:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge was spotted hunting for bargain baby clothes for Prince George at an outlet shopping centre, it has been claimed today.  Kate, 32, was reportedly seen looking at reduced Lacoste pyjamas for her and Prince William's one-year-old son as she indulged in a bit of retail therapy.

The style-icon also reportedly checked out designer stores Ralph Lauren, Temperley and Gucci for discount clothing.

The Duchess of Cambridge is believed to have had her purchases from Bicester Village, Oxfordshire couriered to Kensington Palace over the weekend.

Fellow shoppers took to Twitter to post their excitement at seeing Kate at the popular shopping centre.

More: Kate Middleton spotted 'buying bargain baby clothes' at Bicester Village for Prince George | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Curryong

'A bit of retail therapy'. It sometimes seems to me that shopping is all that Kate does in her spare time! Shop, shop, shop and shop. How about indulging in a bit of sport, just for a change. Swimming, tennis, cycling like her sister. What happened to the idea that was floated months back that Kate was going to learn to ride horses?

Canuck

Kate is allergic to horses, if I remember correctly.  I think she does plenty of sport -- she's always been athletic and is clearly in good shape -- she just doesn't do it in public.

cinrit

I shop a couple of times a week, for this or that.  When was the last time we got wind of Kate shopping?  George is probably growing by leaps and bounds.  I'm not surprised that she's looking at clothes for him.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Canuck

I'd point out as well that people get outraged by Will and Kate having "too many" staff, and also get outraged by Kate showing up somewhere in an outfit they don't think is both perfectly modest and also fashion forward.  Unless you want her to hire someone to act as her dresser--thus adding more staff and more expense--then she's going to have to shop at least semi-frequently.

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on August 14, 2014, 01:36:13 PM
Kate is allergic to horses, if I remember correctly.  I think she does plenty of sport -- she's always been athletic and is clearly in good shape -- she just doesn't do it in public.
There was a rumor, but it was never either proven or repeated since by the press or the Palace.

I have never seen people get outraged by fashion forward outfits of Kate because she has never worn one, the most she would be, if she ever did, is criticized, as she already is for being dull or inappropriate or simply because her outfit is not liked, as people have different tastes... But, fashion forward? Kate? As far as modest, there are a few of her modest outfits that don't look like something great grandmothers would wear, and many posters here have posted 'modest' outfits that don't look like a the outfit of a 1940's house servant... No harm in shopping semi frequently or even frequently if she also worked semi frequently or even frequently and not just once in a while...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

^I think Lima hits the nail on the head: there's no harm being seen shopping, or running errands, or playing with George at a park... But being seen working regularly would be nice too.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Canuck

Quote from: Limabeany on August 14, 2014, 03:04:01 PM
I have never seen people get outraged by fashion forward outfits of Kate because she has never worn one, the most she would be, if she ever did, is criticized, as she already is for being dull or inappropriate or simply because her outfit is not liked, as people have different tastes... But, fashion forward? Kate?

I said she's criticized if she ISN'T in fashion forward outfits.  Your post is actually a great example of that.  If you think her clothes are boring and she should be both modest and also wear interesting, fashion-forward clothing... then guess what, she's going to have to spend more than a little time shopping.

Limabeany

If she still doesn't work except once in a blue moon, guess what, she will still be criticized for doing little else than shopping...

sandy

She can get out and shop and she does not have to "mind the baby." But when it comes to work she can't leave the baby. The "housewife" can just leave the house for shopping.

In All I Do

Quote from: sandy on August 15, 2014, 12:09:10 AM
She can get out and shop and she does not have to "mind the baby." But when it comes to work she can't leave the baby. The "housewife" can just leave the house for shopping.

The android they had visiting Belgium, the Tower, the Commonwealth Games/Unicef/SportsAid, and TdF *was* quite convincing, wasn't it?

Limabeany

Thankfully, the android doesn't flash her bum... Silver linings.  :happy15:

sandy

Quote from: Adrienne on August 15, 2014, 12:11:23 AM

The android they had visiting Belgium, the Tower, the Commonwealth Games/Unicef/SportsAid, and TdF *was* quite convincing, wasn't it?

Oh but I forgot that she also can leave to watch sports, go to galas and vacations. And can get lots of time off to shop because she is expected to "ease in" to work.

Limabeany

Quote from: sandy on August 15, 2014, 12:14:26 AM
Oh but I forgot that she also can leave to watch sports, go to galas and vacations. And can get lots of time off to shop because she is expected to "ease in" to work.
The delicate flower cannot be overwhelmed with work.  :Jen:

PrincessOfPeace

Imagine how adorable Prince George wearing Lacoste pyjamas!  :vday2:

Lady Adams

Full of contradictions, our dear duchess.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Canuck

Quote from: sandy on August 15, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

I must have missed the part where the centennial of WWI and the Tower of London's memorial installation became sports or galas.   :hmm:

Lady Adams

Two days of commemorative war ceremonies (which are appropriate and fantastic activities for a future Queen to be a part of)... are far outnumbered by the days spent at Wimbledon and the two-day visit to the Commonwealth Games.  :orchid:

Rebound

Cindy, I agree about how fast George must be growing. All the shoppers who recognized Kate seemed to think she was very friendly.

George always looks adorable, and I like her shopping at an outlet mall--seems very relatable.

Retail therapy really works. I love the smiles on my DiLs' faces when we go out shopping (on my credit card).   :)     Love my girls!

Limabeany

Retail therapy is therapy for those who work or are burdened, otherwise it is a shopping spree...  :happy15:

KaTerina Montague

George has cute clothes but I never liked those black shoes they put on him

sandy

Quote from: Rebound on August 15, 2014, 03:26:09 AM
Cindy, I agree about how fast George must be growing. All the shoppers who recognized Kate seemed to think she was very friendly.

George always looks adorable, and I like her shopping at an outlet mall--seems very relatable.

Retail therapy really works. I love the smiles on my DiLs' faces when we go out shopping (on my credit card).   :)     Love my girls!

The woman is wealthy and the media going all agog over her saving money is somewhat patronizing. The woman is wealthy and does not have to worry about bills, putting her child through school. I think she should be doing more with her charities.

Double post auto-merged: August 15, 2014, 11:59:30 PM

Quote from: Lady Adams on August 15, 2014, 02:19:18 AM
Two days of commemorative war ceremonies (which are appropriate and fantastic activities for a future Queen to be a part of)... are far outnumbered by the days spent at Wimbledon and the two-day visit to the Commonwealth Games.  :orchid:

She seems to ignore her patronages.