Diana General Chat #2

Started by LouisFerdinand, July 31, 2017, 01:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Dianas wedding dress in all its glory: David Emmanuel gown complete with 25ft train is unveiled at Kensington Palace ahead of exhibition celebrating the work of royal couturiers.

Princess Diana's wedding dress goes on display at Kensington Palace

sara8150

Princess Diana's Engagement/Honeymoon Outfit: Her Awkward Designer Run-In | PEOPLE.com

Princess Diana's Wedding Dress Displayed at Kensington Palace | PEOPLE.com

Princess Diana's wedding dress is unveiled at Kensington Palace ahead of exhibition | Daily Mail Online

Harry will have HRH title removed from displays at exhibition featuring Diana's wedding dress | Daily Mail Online

Princess Diana's secret PINK dress she wore on wedding day revealed | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57338265

Princess Diana's wedding dress goes on display to public at Kensington Palace | UK News | Sky News

Prince Harry?s royal title dropped from Diana exhibition | Prince Harry | The Guardian

Princess Diana: Queen of style's wedding dress goes on display | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Diana's wedding dress designer reveals who was 'really in charge' of iconic gown | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Diana?s iconic 1981 wedding gown goes on display at Kensington Palace | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Diana news: Story behind royal?s ?honeymoon? dress laid bare in exhibition | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry's HRH title REMOVED from exhibit hours after Duke demoted on royal website | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Diana?s wedding dress goes on display in new Kensington Palace exhibition | ITV News

Diana's iconic wedding dress on display at Kensington Palace - complete with 25ft train - Mirror Online

Prince Harry loses HRH title at Princess Diana exhibition after lending mum's wedding dress to Royal Collection Trust

Prince Harry stripped of HRH at Diana exhibition after palace vow he would never use the title again

Macrobug67

A place for general chatter, interesting articles and discussion.

Amabel2

I saw the dress some time ago and it didn't look as if it had been cared for all that well. I hope its been restored a bit.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Please continue any discussion about the late Diana, Princess of Wales in one of the stickied threads. Please do not create new ones. Thank you.

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

Another tie with the past gone - I hate to see it. Hard to believe it has been almost 25 years.

sara8150

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on April 01, 2022, 08:15:43 PM
Another tie with the past gone - I hate to see it. Hard to believe it has been almost 25 years.

Yes

sara8150

Mansion built on Princess Diana's family home selling for $9 MILLION | Daily Mail Online
Late Diana, Princess of Wales?s grandmother lady fermoy?s house In USA $9 million and in UK pounds is ?7.5 million this house is in Deeside,Aberdeenshire Scotland articles says this mansion very private property and also security reasons

Princess Diana's Twin Nieces Make Cannes Film Festival Debut | PEOPLE.com
35 years later follow late Diana, Princess of Wales attend to Cannes Film festival in 1987 if Diana, Princess of Wales was here today from heaven she would proud of her twin niece follow her famous auntie the Princess Diana

LouisFerdinand

At the store I saw People magazine. On the cover it mentioned that July 1st was the birthday of Princess Diana. However, the picture was not of Princess Diana. It was a picture of Prince Harry.

LouisFerdinand

Why is the portrait of Princess Diana referred to as "long-lost"?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on July 03, 2022, 10:35:47 PM
Why is the portrait of Princess Diana referred to as "long-lost"?

Do you mean the photo of a very young Diana by Lord Snowden? I don?t think it is ?long-lost?, just hasn?t been seen for years and is being ?re-discovered? by a tabloid now in order for journalists  to write about Diana?s tragic death once more.

It seems to have been taken for Vogue, who went through a phase in the 1970s and 1980s of featuring young aristo women from various old families for their articles. I remember seeing one featuring about six young things in a row, all wearing the family tiaras for instance. It?s not of any great interest other that it shows how naturally pretty Diana was and how she suited a short hairstyle.

dianab

TLLK

@dianab- I received an "access denied" post when I clicked on the link. Do you have another link to share?

TLLK

@dianab - Thank you for the photos.  I'm guessing  that it's  Alexander Fellowes. He has red hair and is close in age to William so that might explain why they're close in height.
Now there is also George McCorquodale,  but  I don't believe it's him because he's closer in age to Harry so I doubt he'd have been that tall at that age.

TLLK

The school attended by the late Diana, Princess of Wales as well as her sisters Sarah and Jane will close this Friday.

Prep school attended by Diana is closing this week due to 'unprecedented financial challenges' | Daily Mail Online

QuoteA preparatory school attended by Diana, Princess of Wales, is to close this week due to 'unprecedented financial challenges'.

Riddlesworth Hall School, between Thetford and Diss in Norfolk, opened in 1946 in a Grade II listed 18th century former country house.

It will shut its doors permanently on Friday after struggling from 'the impact of the pandemic and the current economic climate'.

wannable

Such a beautiful structure, former country home. It's a shame the school has to close.

TLLK

What happened to Princess Diana's godchildren and what are they doing now? | Daily Mail Online

Princess Diana was often celebrated for her rapport with children, so perhaps it's no surprise that she ended up with 17 godchildren.

School friends, flat mates and other royal acquaintances all rushed to ask the Princess of Wales whether she would be godmother to their children.

Yet no one was ever forgotten.

She would remember each child's birthday, sending cards and presents no matter how busy she was.

And every Christmas, her godchildren would have gifts wrapped and placed under the tree.

Today, most of them are in their 30s and early 40s and working in a colourful variety of professions from fashion designer to a guide for horse safaris!