Princesses Will Not Join Parents During First King's Day Celebrations

Started by cinrit, March 15, 2014, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteKing Willem-Alexander's three daughters - Amalia, Alexia and Ariane - will not be part of the royal group celebrating the first King's Day event on April 26, the state information service told royalty magazine Vorsten.

More: DutchNews.nl - Princesses will not join parents during first King's Day celebrations

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

From what I've read, the King's  cousins, brother and their wives will join in like they have in the past. I believe the girls will participate when they are older.

sara8150

Yeah but new monarchy wanted respective for their three daughters not part king's day till girls become older expect stay out spotlight mostly royals parents have rightful for children stay out spotlight for reasons to celebrate events.. I'm not force king willem-Alex and Maxima's decide..

I'm sure his cousins,brother,wives also part and I'm pray for see princess Beatrice also part or not I'm pray for that..

HereditaryPrincess

I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that the Three A's will not be in attendance, but I can understand. The littlest one (Ariane), is still five years old IIRC, and a long event may be a little tedious or overwhelming for her. That said, she attended WA's coronation and other long events in the past.

TLLK

From what I've seen with Queen's Day/King's Day it can be pretty crazy. The royals during Beatrix reign would visit two cities and then participate in all sorts of events from skating to eating cake off of a string to tango dancing.

I'm wondering if the Dutch royals are still concerned about security after the 2009 incident where so many were killed and injured at the parade. Perhaps they want the girls to be older before they participate.