Sarah, Duchess of York General Chat

Started by Kritter, February 13, 2018, 09:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

I think the queen has welcomed her and the others will see her now and again.  but clearly Will didn't want her at his wedding..

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 31, 2018, 04:35:19 PM
@FanDianaFancy -I might be wrong but I believe  that in recent years that Andrew has made a few statements denying that they'll remarry as he's come to realize that Sarah is not suited to life in the BRF.

To be honest, I agree with him. She tries but just doesn't seem to fit. However, from what they have said, even to what they have posted on social media, it is clear that their daughters would love nothing better than to seem their parents together forever.  And maybe in a unique way, they are.

Blue Clover

So true children love seeing their parents getting along, children are less concerned about the nitty-gritty of failed romances. I'm happy Fergie and Andy made it all work for their daughters.

Curryong

Interesting that Fergie has apparently invited Wallis's latest biographer to visit the Royal burial grounds at Frogmore. As Dickie Arbiter has pointed out, only the Queen can give such permission.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/6ea1ac308f95c50831bd4564da8034fd/tumblr_po45mq3hyF1ud2swf_1280.jpg

Blue Clover

That is interesting, don't forget that Queen Vicotria is buried there. I would imagine that permission is needed to enter the burial sites.  :o

TLLK

Is Frogmore cemetery closed off with a fence/wall and gate? This would be trespassing!

Blue Clover

@TLLK I looked it up and I think that Frogmore is only open to the public 3 days a year. https://www.rct.uk/visit/frogmorehouse##prices

"Frogmore House is only open to individuals on three Charity Open Days each year, when all proceeds are donated to specially selected charities. The next Charity Open Days will be in May 2019. Frogmore is also open to pre-booked groups of 15 people or more during August only."

Curryong

Permission is required from HM. I know that because several years ago a friend of a relative in England who was interested in the Duke of Kent's death (a mysterious one) asked for permission to view his burial site (the Kent Mausoleum then the Royal Burial Ground) as he was going to publish a series on the lives of George V's children. Permission was refused. Apparently the reason given was regarded as not important enough, though they didn't frame it in those words. He got a nice letter of refusal from the Dean of Westminster as well.

That burial ground is sacrosanct even on Frogmore Open Days. They just don't want members of the public tramping through it.

TLLK

@Blue Clover and @Curryong thank you for your responses. I can understand why QEII limits visitors to the family burial grounds. The tours would have to follow a planned route that would keep visitors off the actual sites. I wonder if QEII knew that Sarah was visiting and taking/posting a photo of the Duchess of Windsor's grave?

Double post auto-merged: March 10, 2019, 02:48:10 PM

Quote from: amabel on March 01, 2019, 09:18:18 PM
I think the queen has welcomed her and the others will see her now and again.  but clearly Will didn't want her at his wedding..
No the Cambridges' 2011 wedding was about a year after Sarah's taped "Access to Andrew comments" so I seriously doubt that TPTB wanted her there.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on March 10, 2019, 02:46:14 PM
@Blue Clover and @Curryong thank you for your responses. I can understand why QEII limits visitors to the family burial grounds. The tours would have to follow a planned route that would keep visitors off the actual sites. I wonder if QEII knew that Sarah was visiting and taking/posting a photo of the Duchess of Windsor's grave?

Double post auto-merged: March 10, 2019, 02:48:10 PM

No the Cambridges' 2011 wedding was about a year after Sarah's taped "Access to Andrew comments" so I seriously doubt that TPTB wanted her there.
I thoguth that it was more that William just wasn't that friendly with sarah and did not invite her? I do remember the access to Andy sscandal..

Blue Clover

@amabel I'm going to have to review those articles - I don't remeber the details.  :teehee: Is that what happened?  :eyes:

amabel

Quote from: Blue Clover on March 11, 2019, 01:27:47 PM
@amabel I'm going to have to review those articles - I don't remeber the details.  :teehee: Is that what happened?  :eyes:
I don't remember details.  Sorry,I though that Will just didn't invite her because he was'not great friends with her...

sandy

I know Fergie was so hurt she went to the media about not being invited.

amabel

What did she expect?  She wasn't friends with William and at the time, she was in very low esteem with the RF because of selling access to Andy

wannable

On this day 19 March
"Last week, lawyers acting for the Duchess of York initiated discussions about a formal separation for the Duke and Duchess.
"These discussions are not yet completed and nothing will be said until they are.
"The Queen hopes that the media will spare the Duke and Duchess of York and their children any intrusion."

Curryong

Leading to that had of course been those San Tropez toe-sucking photos with Johnny Bryan, which had caused a terrible atmosphere at Balmoral when they appeared in the papers. At round about that time the Squidgy Tapes appeared, causing the whole state of the marriages of both Andrew and Charles's marriages to be laid bare. It was not a happy time for the Queen, that's for sure. 

sandy

royalanthropologist

"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Squidgygate was already mentioned in the thread royal,. Right above mine.

royalanthropologist

Yes. An example of prurient coverage for a public hungry for scandal. Those were very, very dark times in British tabloid history.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

oak_and_cedar

Well the tabloids certainly earned money off of this. Didn't some of them hack into phones of civilians? Horrid.

Princess Cassandra

It seemed they were positively gleeful to publish an expose.  But really, she has used very poor judgment at times.

oak_and_cedar

What would possess SF to go abroad with her young children and another man?
@Princess Cassandra, I agree. She had poor judgement at times, in my opinion.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on March 27, 2019, 01:53:02 PM
What would possess SF to go abroad with her young children and another man?
@Princess Cassandra, I agree. She had poor judgement at times, in my opinion.

she and Andrew were separated, she regarded herself as free to date other men.. and she took the kids.. Apart from the fooiling around in front of the children, well she was separated from her husband and free to date. 

sandy

It was more than dating it was her foolishness in posing topless where the paparazzi could get their money shots. And there was a photo of another lover holding one of her young daughters and that was super tacky