Team Sussex: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and charities, news, and activities

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

I would expect that there's a term limit in place for the role of President. So we'll probably hear of the new appointee in the future.

changemhysoul

A post from Culturingua:

One of the programs offered by Culturingua is the Afghan Cooking Social for Women. This is an opportunity for Afghan women to build community in San Antonio through cooking traditional meals. 🙌 Thank you to the Archewell Foundation for supporting this program.

https://twitter.com/culturingua/status/1719456416065352062/photo/1

Curryong

It all looks delicious. And what an opportunity for get-togethers with others in the Afghan community and in the wider setting. Archewell is great for backing this!

TLLK

Okay I will confess when I first opened the thread, I thought that the photo  was spam advertisement from a Pakistani/Indian restaurant and my first thought was having to clean this up. Then I realized my error. To be honest  I'm just not used to photos of that size being in the threads.   :blush: Feeling a little foolish now.

Glad to see that Archewell is involved in the project.

Nightowl

Well whatever that food is, it certainly looks delicious and ready to eat.  I love different foods from around the world.....if any info on what it is pls share with us.  Some rice dish maybe.

changemhysoul

Quote from: TLLK on November 01, 2023, 02:05:06 AM
Okay I will confess when I first opened the thread, I thought that the photo  was spam advertisement from a Pakistani/Indian restaurant and my first thought was having to clean this up. Then I realized my error. To be honest  I'm just not used to photos of that size being in the threads.   :blush: Feeling a little foolish now.

Glad to see that Archewell is involved in the project.

Yes, sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures smaller before I post.
Quote from: Nightowl on November 01, 2023, 05:43:41 AM
Well whatever that food is, it certainly looks delicious and ready to eat.  I love different foods from around the world.....if any info on what it is pls share with us.  Some rice dish maybe.

I believe it's Afghan cuisine if you wanted to go out try it.

This project though, I don't think they have any info on dishes. It's advert I believe for Afghan ladies in the community to get together and cook and have some social time.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on November 01, 2023, 10:51:34 AM
Yes, sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures smaller before I post.
I believe it's Afghan cuisine if you wanted to go out try it.

This project though, I don't think they have any info on dishes. It's advert I believe for Afghan ladies in the community to get together and cook and have some social time.

No worries @changemhysoul. There is a large Pakistani community close to where I live and the cuisine between the two nations is similar, so that might be my best option.  Now I would tend to believe that most of the ingredients needed for the event are likely to be found in a large city like San Antonio, TX so I would imagine this will be a successful event.

wannable

I'm a foodie with a love of trying and with international palate.

All Middle Eastern food, which doesn't vary are all great, delicious.

Curryong

Yesterday, November 6, Prince Harry appeared via video message during the 17th Annual Stand Up For Heroes Benefit in New York. He?s been involved with this organisation for several years.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/1779493939/photo/17th-annual-stand-up-for-heroes-benefit-presented-by-bob-woodruff-foundation-and-ny-comedy.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=1ospL81yefquLSQEovFeE83HgdUfc-APbr-mOtOISRk=

TLLK

wannable

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle attend opening of training facility for veterans in San Diego
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a rare appearance in support of the Navy SEAL Foundation's newest facility for veterans.

Source: CBS

TLLK

^^^ More on the couple's visit to U.S. Marine base at Camp Pendelton which is located north of San Diego, CA. 

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Visit Camp Pendleton in San Diego

QuoteMeghan Markle and Prince Harry are preparing for Veterans Day.

On Wednesday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex?s organization Archewell shared news that the two ?spent the morning with veteran and active duty service members and their loved ones at Camp Pendleton in San Diego, California.?

The couple regularly mark Veterans Day and Remembrance Day (a memorial day observed in Commonwealth nations since the end of the First World War in 1919).

During their visit to San Diego, Meghan, 42, and Harry, 39, stopped by Operation Bigs ? a first-of-its-kind mentoring program dedicated to children of military families, including active duty, veteran, and Gold Star families. 

Curryong

Excellent to see the Sussexes at this new facility. And wearing their poppies of course. In support of Veterans Day. And still supporting Remembrance Sunday at the weekend in their own way.

Curryong

Prince Harry's Scotty?s Little Soldiers Remembrance Letter + Harry Named Global Ambassador - YouTube

Harry?s pre Remembrance Day Sunday letter to the charity Scotty?s Little Soldiers he has supported for several years. And he has been named Global Ambassador for the charity, a very worthwhile cause.

Curryong

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/meghan-markle-justice-for-girls-visit-vancouver-1.7036176

The Duchess of Sussex returned to visit a Vancouver charity that helps teenage girls living in poverty on Monday.

It was Meghan Markle's second time visiting Justice for Girls (JFG) in three years, with the organization saying the duchess has been advocating for the rights of girls and women since she was a child herself.

"She was genuinely interested and invested in knowing about our work, connecting with teen girls, and talking to them about the realities they are facing," said Zoe Craig-Sparrow, a director with JFG, in a release.

The organisation stated that she keeps in regular touch with the organisation and the work being done.

TLLK

changemhysoul

HEYO.

It's me, I've been on the other forum as well (I was having trouble remembering the login info for here. My other social media's never log me out so....I've grown quite used to it. Here, I have to re-login each time but I don't think you can post this stuff there and I thought it'd be nice to share since it's Invictus related.

Team USA 2023, were invited to the White House to for the National Christmas Tree lighting.

https://twitter.com/imayhaveapoint/status/1730399562139898173?s=20

President Biden mentioning Harry and honoring the 43 US vets that represented the US at the Invictus Games

https://twitter.com/IrisTheeScholar/status/1730379202791162253?s=20

IG25 have partnered with Whistle Blackcomb for IG25

https://twitter.com/InvictusGames25/status/1730293138466406490?s=20

There will be a one year to go event in Feb. 2025, they didn't say Harry would be there but I'm assuming he'd go.

The IG25 games will be hosted at the resort Whistler a famous winter resort. It hosted the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.

For 2025, Whistler will host Alpine Skiing, Biathlon, Nordic Skiing, Skeleton, and Snowboarding and the city of Vancouver will host Indoor Rowing, Sitting Volleyball, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Rugby and newcomer Wheelchair Curling.

Invictus Games

changemhysoul

Also, the US Consulate in Vancouver reposted the info from Justice For Girls and mentioned Meghan.

To support the @UN_Women campaign #16Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, we are highlighting the important work of @JFG_Canada
in Canada who recently received a visit from the Duchess of Sussex. #noexcuse #IDEVAW @StateGWI

https://twitter.com/usconsvancouver/status/1730714810625703936

Curryong

I?m so glad that Meghan is supporting this very important issue. I always hoped that it would get better when there was more public discourse about it, but no girls and women all over the world are murdered and attacked daily, often by those who say they love them. And great to see that Meghan is also getting behind this particular campaign in Canada.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on December 02, 2023, 12:47:57 AM
HEYO.

It's me, I've been on the other forum as well (I was having trouble remembering the login info for here. My other social media's never log me out so....I've grown quite used to it. Here, I have to re-login each time but I don't think you can post this stuff there and I thought it'd be nice to share since it's Invictus related.

Team USA 2023, were invited to the White House to for the National Christmas Tree lighting.

https://twitter.com/imayhaveapoint/status/1730399562139898173?s=20

President Biden mentioning Harry and honoring the 43 US vets that represented the US at the Invictus Games

https://twitter.com/IrisTheeScholar/status/1730379202791162253?s=20

IG25 have partnered with Whistle Blackcomb for IG25

https://twitter.com/InvictusGames25/status/1730293138466406490?s=20

There will be a one year to go event in Feb. 2025, they didn't say Harry would be there but I'm assuming he'd go.

The IG25 games will be hosted at the resort Whistler a famous winter resort. It hosted the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.

For 2025, Whistler will host Alpine Skiing, Biathlon, Nordic Skiing, Skeleton, and Snowboarding and the city of Vancouver will host Indoor Rowing, Sitting Volleyball, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Rugby and newcomer Wheelchair Curling.

Invictus Games

Welcome back and with fantastic news of the IG and the Whistler winter Games. Vancouver getting into it as well!  And it?s great too that Joe Biden mentioned Harry in his remarks on the US vets and the  Games. So much for those who like to point out that VIPs ignore him.

Curryong

Well you know Meghan is never allowed to do anything spontaneous. Roll a window down, open her own car door, write to the father who went running off to the tabloids with her letter. It was and is all calculated, according to her detractors. Just wallow in the hat*red and negativity and criticism.

Cute childhood pictures. I have a feeling I have seen the top one before but not the others.

Sorry. Wrong thread!

wannable

I know the Archewell Foundation tax returns headlines in both sides of the pond are quite 'scandalous' (only if the NYPost who originated in acquiring the *IRS public disclosure copy know something about this actual financial year - which I doubt - next year the report will bring the donations from Spare and probably others too), but the reality is despite their second year officially notifying the tax man in the USA, the charity is ''still'' healthy, at least 2021/2022. YES, the donations dropped, but it is still healthy. 2024 (and this year 2023) though, the couple will need to find donors to keep the coffers healthy.

I call it they are in Yellow = good

IF it were in Orange = poor Red = closure I'd be closing it. A change of character/behaviour to be good to their family first will very likely help the money flow in.

Keep in mind the two years reporting to the IRS is 2021 and 2022.  In the box below, the expenses are a loss, hence fundraisers or finding wealthy donors will be a must this closing 2023 and next year 2024.

wannable

For those who have a hard time reading 'math', basically the coffers of Archewell has as of year end 2022 the total amount of USD 8,344,105.00 (eight million three hundred forty four thousand one hundred and five with zero cents).

Curryong

A new Archewell video showing the work accomplished and donated towards throughout the year.

Meghan hugs veterans and takes selfies in new Archewell video | Lifestyle | Independent TV

A great report and the visuals were great. It's a reminder that I think it'd be good if they had an IG or something like these to show what they're doing. With the video and photos, we get to see Archewell in action and they release so much. Seeing this, it's clear they had them but I understand why they don't want to be on the planforms.

- It was good to see videos and see the letter from James Holt. He left the UK with the Sussex's has been working at Archewell, it's good to see him around and supporting.

- The Welcome Project already has 11 locations across the country and that's amazing to see. Also to see that it was inspired by The Hubb. We had a few mentions and etc throughout their work but it's good to see the project laid out, I hope we can get more and can't wait to see it grow.

- Harvest Home was great and I was glad to see more from that event. The baby boutique was good and they got a bunch of donations after the visit.

And out of the entire report, the one thing that was totally unknown was the Inkwnkwezi Early Childhood Development Centre. I'm glad they were able to help replaced the items that had been stolen.

Curryong

Saturday kitchen for Meghan Markle as she joins 15 women who have resettled in the US from Afghanistan to cook traditional Afghan food over the

Saturday kitchen for Meghan Markle as she joins 15 women who have resettled in the US from Afghanistan to cook traditional Afghan food over the weekend.

On Saturday, Meghan joined the Southern California Welcome Project for an evening of cooking and storytelling.

Mina's List, the foundation's partner, brought together 15 women that prepared traditional Afghan food like Ashak and Mantuu, both of which are a type of dumpling, with the Duchess.